Thread: Samsung DVD-V6800

Thanks

Default Samsung DVD-V6800

To preface, ive got a 3 yo and the dvds we have are scratched quite badly.

the problem started with my lg dvd-vhs combo where it would not read any dvd's. anyway, after much playing around i decided that after 8 years it was time to purchase a new one. i bought the samsung dvd-v6800 combo a few weeks back and all was fine until i placed a pretty badly scratched dvd into it. basically it wouldnt read it, and as a result it will not read any dvd's any more, even the ones it was reading the previous day.

the player is still under warranty, but i feel that even getting a new player once i insert a badly scratched dvd i will have the same problems again.

now my theory is that possibly the laser is in a weird state as a result of trying to read the scratched dvd. my question is, is there a way to reset the laser/and or position of the laser ??? ive tried the power off/on, but no luck. i was wondering if there was a factory defaults setting or something like that which may force the laser caddy back to a default position ??

any assitance would be appreicate.
    thanx in advance.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

carefully check if there is a security seal , if not, open the top and fiddle around the laser to all the way back position, you might be able to fix it