Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survey - Research into Jealousy and Surveillance on Facebook.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    As mentioned, many members on Austech are anti-Facebook.

We have seen lives destroyed by what people post, whether those posts are factual or not.

Often those who make such posts regret doing so, but all too late.

I can certainly understand the position and relate to the sentiment. My research is fuelled by existing findings that show the more problematic side of FB use, in particular the effects on the relationships of those who use FB. So I'm certainly not affiliated with FB, and I'm sure they wouldn't like my research, lol!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    I would hope that the survey addresses some of the issues raised here re- anti - facebook sentiment. I wish you well in your endeavours Survey Guy. When You have competed the survey I would be interested in a precis of the conclusions reached compared with the expected result.
    It certainly does! The whole premise of my research is a result of a small but growing number of studies showing a significant negative effect of FB use on relationships, essentially revealing that many of the features can be problematic and promote problematic behaviours both online and offline.

I would love to share my findings, I'm glad you asked! It will be a few months away yet as I still have a lot of responses I still need before reaching my target (aim: 342; current: 90), and then I need to analyse and write-up the results. Maybe October-ish, or sooner if I reach my target sooner. When that date comes though, I will update this thread with a link to my finished report and a summary of what I found & whether it matched my expectations, and my theories as to why/why not.

• The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Survey-RMIT-Psych For This Useful Post:

allover (14-07-21),hinekadon (14-07-21),Johnno (14-07-21),lsemmens (14-07-21),mtv (14-07-21),sdr (15-07-21),snacker (14-07-21),VroomVroom (14-07-21)

Thanks

Added my 2c worth to your Survey, Good luck and i hope you get your quota sooner than you think..

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Survey Guy, I am too old to complete the survey and also do not do fb, BUT i have two sons who fit the criteria, is it permissible that they complete the survey so that you get your numbers up?
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (14-07-21),Survey-RMIT-Psych (14-07-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    Survey Guy, I am too old to complete the survey and also do not do fb, BUT i have two sons who fit the criteria, is it permissible that they complete the survey so that you get your numbers up?
    That is incredibly generous and thoughtful of you, and the answer is yes absolutely! That would be excellent, I'm happy for anybody who can to complete it
    Thank you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snacker View Post
    Added my 2c worth to your Survey, Good luck and i hope you get your quota sooner than you think..
    Thank you very much Snacker! Your contribution and support are genuinely appreciated

Thanks

I've always taken the time to answer student requests. Survey completed. As stated previously - A rundown of your results on this forum would be appreciated. Good Luck in your Endeavors.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poindan View Post
    I've always taken the time to answer student requests. Survey completed. As stated previously - A rundown of your results on this forum would be appreciated. Good Luck in your Endeavors.
    Thank you for the support Poindan! You can count on a rundown of results no later than the end of October but hopefully sooner. Cheers!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 1,533 Posts

All we need now, is the same functionality in Android =)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post

All we need now, is the same functionality in Android =)

Interesting video, thanks for sharing!

Thanks

Hi everyone!

It's been a long time, but finally I've finished the research which you lot contributed to and supported and provided interesting discussion around. I just want to thank you each for making this experience easier and more enjoyable for me. I've created a brief 3-page summary of my final report, in case anybody's interested to see how it turned out/what was found.
    Couldn't figure out how to share a pdf, so I've turned it into images and put it on Imgur here:

Thanks so much again everyone if anyone has any questions about the study or report, feel free to email me at jorja.fraser@student.rmit.edu.au

• The Following User Says Thank You to Survey-RMIT-Psych For This Useful Post:

wotnot (05-11-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poindan View Post
    Hey Poindan - I've added a new reply to this thread with a link to the summary of results Cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    I would hope that the survey addresses some of the issues raised here re- anti - facebook sentiment. I wish you well in your endeavours Survey Guy. When You have competed the survey I would be interested in a precis of the conclusions reached compared with the expected result.
    Hey Lsemmens - I've added a new reply to this thread with a link to the summary of results Cheers

• The Following User Says Thank You to Survey-RMIT-Psych For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (05-11-21)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

Thanks for getting back to us Jorja, I hope it bears fruit in the future! All the best for the rest of your studies.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12