Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rudd fixes our government's vaccine bungle

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Default Rudd fixes our government's vaccine bungle

It is claimed here:

that Kevin Rudd is responsible for bringing forward 40 million Pfizer doses, while this report also reveals that the ScoMo government initially insulted the Pfizer company.

This came amid continuing reports that Australia had bungled its negotiations with the company in talks going back to June and July last year which displayed a "rude, dismissive and penny pinching" approach, according to one source.

Australia eventually signed a deal for just 10 million Pfizer doses in November 2020, four months behind other countries.

Health Department officials have flatly denied many of these reports, but the businessmen in the US who had connections with Pfizer were hearing even more graphic accounts of how badly offended the company had been by the response to its early approaches to Australia last year when it offered access to what is now to be a crucial part of our vaccine coverage.
    I always suspected that ScoMo was in bed with Astrazenica and probably also CSL when he put all the eggs in one basket and the way they are hiding the dealings with AZ as a national security risk is also very questionable, as is the delay to approve Moderna.
    The ScoMo goverment is also trying to cover up Rudd's influence on this matter.

Rudd insists he is acting as a concerned Australian citizen distancing himself from our government, which in part may have attributed to his success.

I clearly see from all this that ScoMo has been putting lobbyists and greed ahead of the wellbeing of the Australian people.

I know, 99.9% of you will disagree but Kevin Rudd was one of our better PMs, at least he knows how to speak properly and that is proven to get you quite far.
    Like all, he made mistakes but the stuff ups of ScoMo of which we all now have to suffer from, are orders of magnitude higher than anything Rudd did.
    I am not only talking about the vaccine bungle which now will have a major impact again, also thanks to another hopeless called Berejiklian but also the China issue.

Rudd at the helm would likely fix a lot of things with China and maybe make us less of a war target but that will unlikely happen.
    Even if Rudd wanted to fix things as a concerned Australian, Labor would never take him as they prefer a whinging Commie like Albo, who provides no solutions.

Anyhow ScoMo has to go. We NEED better.

Edit: This is meant to be a political discussion, not part of the Covid thread and I doubt the story will simply end here.
    Rudd's third comeback? ...well nice try at least
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 12-07-21 at 12:35 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

gulliver (12-07-21),hinekadon (12-07-21)

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    It is claimed here:

that Kevin Rudd is responsible for bringing forward 40 million Pfizer doses, while this report also reveals that the ScoMo government initially insulted the Pfizer company.
    Funny as. And from the ABC as well, even better Laura Tingle ......was Louise Milligan unavailable ? Still chasing George Pell perhaps ?

I always suspected that ScoMo was in bed with Astrazenica and probably also CSL when he put all the eggs in one basket and they way they are hiding the dealings with AZ as a national security risk is also very questionable, as is the delay to approve Moderna. The ScoMo goverment is also trying to cover up Rudd's influence on this matter.

Geez, I am going to be double and triple loling all day here. In bed with AstraZeneca and CSL. Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine was created as a low cost zero profit gift to the world. You must have missed the news last week where they stopped the tennis at Wimbledon and everyone stood up and applauded a lady who was seated there....a creator of the AstraZeneca vaccine. Most of the UK is vaccinated with it. CSL by the way is Commonwealth Serum Laboratory - a privatised Federal Government Department........fancy the government talking to them and making plans to manufacture and distribute a vaccine cheaply to our country and our neighbours !

Australia is the only country where there is any carry on about the AstraZeneca vaccine, funny about that. We can thank Labor and the Left for our poor vaccination rate. My wife has just got out of hospital after major surgery and even the nurses who are traditionally Labor were disgusted with the way Labor did a political hit on a vaccine just to try and get at Morrison. Like myself and my wife, they didn't die when getting AZ either (and most were under 30, so they did it themselves not the hospital. Good to see some true Australian heroes rather than the usual leftist windbags)

Cover up Rudd's influence, LOL again, you must have missed Josh Freydenberg in the media stating they were aware of Rudd contacting Pfizer and Rudd, modestly of course, rang them up and sent them letters about it before going to the media himself so that he could get in the news. But you probably won't have read that if your reading material starts and ends with the ABC. One Billion Dollars worth of horseshit a year compliments of the tax payer.

And fancy going with a proven viral vector vaccine rather than an untested and never rolled out on a large scale mrna vaccine. If we rolled out Pfizer first, you would be in here moaning that Morrison was using us as guinea pigs for an unproven type of vaccination that was being promoted by Donald Trump.

Rudd insists he is acting as a concerned Australian citizen distancing himself from our government, which in part may have attributed to his success.
    He didn't have a success. The Federal Government has been in discussions with Pfizer long before reject Rudd tried his usual showboating. Rudd simply cannot handle the fact that the Australian people and his own party cant stand him and don't want to hear from him. That's why Rudd ran to the ABC, no other media is interested in his endless showboating that has not stopped since the population and Labor gave him the boot.

I clearly see from all this that ScoMo has been putting lobbyists and greed ahead of the wellbeing of the Australian people.
    You are outright embarrassing yourself with this statement. AstraZeneca costs us $2.50 to immunise one person. Pfizer costs us a whopping $25 per person. Yeah, Morrison is certainly terrible isn't he......clearly he must be up to no good going for a vaccine type that has been proven (AstraZeneca is a viral vector vaccine the same as the flu vaccine) rather than gambling on a new type like mrna which has never been rolled out to a large amount of people. You are clearly swigging high strength lefty kool aid as well as KevAid (watch out for the Batts !)

If you want to actually throw real shit at the real shit heads ( I doubt you do as you are running a leftist agenda and leftist agendas are light on truth), try throwing it at the State Labor Premier's and the anti Morrison left wing media....such as your beloved ABC, Twitter, The Age and The (does anyone read it?) Guardian. Their behaviour has been disgusting and they simply don't care about the population's health at all, they would happily kill thousands of people just to get Morrison as we have seen. But that's how the left works, it does not matter if they kill people on the way to achieving their loony goals. Kev has killed a few in his time.

I know, 99.9% of you will disagree but Kevin Rudd was one of our better PMs, at least he knows how to speak properly and that is proven to get you quite far.
    Like all, he made mistakes but the stuff ups of ScoMo of which we all now have to suffer from, are orders of magnitude higher than anything Rudd did.
    Like the Pink Batts debacle in which Kev got a number of people electrocuted ? The families of the dead probably don't agree with your glowing assessment of the vain "mirror man".

Really, I fell asleep after the first sentence of this dribble. Morrison's stuff ups bigger than Rudd's......we will never see that day. Keep drinking the Kevin07 Kool Aid, you will never run out of it as no one else drinks it He knows how to speak properly ? Like when he abused an RAAF stewardess and left her in tears ? Or one of his lunatic rants caught on video showing he is mentally unstable ? Or just his usual day to day demeanour such as in this video ?

Rudd at the helm would likely fix a lot of things with China and maybe make us less of a war target but that will never happen.
    Even if Rudd wanted to fix things as a concerned Australian, Labor would never take him as they prefer a whinging Commie like Albo, who provides no solutions.
    Rudd gets up each day and looks at himself in the mirror. That's about his day in total. Labor doesn't want him, Australian's don't want him. I sympathise most with his mirror.

You must hate the New Zealand Prime Minister, NZ has achieved half the vaccination rate Australia has. Crickets ??
    Almost every country in the world would love to be Australia with our total infections - Australia is 124th globally.
    Economic Growth ? Australia is second in the OECD ! Ah, yes, terrible job Morrison is doing. But of course he could do better if he wasn't hamstrung by the states. And that is what covid has shown us, our constitution allows the States to do whatever they want during a National or International disaster and that is just plain wrong.

What we need is the Federal Government to be able to operate unimpeded in a National disaster and not be hamstrung by arrogant left wing Labor Premiers who run their own loopy agendas against the best interests of the country. Until the day comes when we get Federal Bipartisan support to change our constitution to do this (never) every Federal Government will be hamstrung the same way. While I seriously doubt Coalition State Governments would ever sink to the pathetic levels we have just seen from Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia Labor State Governments, that isn't the point. The Federal Government of the day should be able to take charge of the country in a crisis, I support that, no matter what party holds power.

If it wasn't for the loony left, Australia would have a similar vaccination rate as the UK...with AZ. I am 54 and have had AZ, my wife is 48 and has had the same. She did it herself as a frontline health worker, rather than just being another whinging Australian vaccine shopper blaming everyone but themselves.

It's interesting that the major issue overseas is heart issues among young Pfizer recipients, admitted by the US Centres for Disease Control and the Israeli government. Crickets again in the media.

Here's the odds on the terrible AZ vaccine (ironically taken from a left leaning news site)

By the way, for those in the older group who think Pfizer is the ducks guts and are refusing AZ. Do yourself a favor and do a bit of online research. You will probably then trundle down and get an AZ jab. "pfizer deaths in elderly" is a good Google search term. You would find, as an example, this link -

That is actually a medical site for healthcare professionals, not a political takedown article from the ABC. The fact is, lots of elderly have died from the Pfizer vaccine. And a lot of young are suffering serious heart issues. Ok, so why aren't we seeing this in the news and only seeing AZ getting bagged ?

POLITICS

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-07-21),lsemmens (13-07-21),Poindan (14-07-21),Reschs (12-07-21),VroomVroom (13-07-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

Geez, I am going to be double and triple loling all day here. In bed with AstraZeneca and CSL. Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine was created as a low cost zero profit gift to the world.
    Then why all the secrecy then:

as for low cost, zero profits:
    While the government has published a , the contract with the organisation — which is likely to amount to more than $1 billion of taxpayer funds — has never been released.
    I will stop right here as I currently don't feel the energy to respond to the rest of your single sided incorrect 'wisdom'.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

OK, I just can't leave some your incorrect comments standing like that.

By the way, for those in the older group who think Pfizer is the ducks guts and are refusing AZ. Do yourself a favor and do a bit of online research. You will probably then trundle down and get an AZ jab. "pfizer deaths in elderly" is a good Google search term. You would find, as an example, this link -

That is actually a medical site for healthcare professionals, not a political takedown article from the ABC. The fact is, lots of elderly have died from the Pfizer vaccine. And a lot of young are suffering serious heart issues. Ok, so why aren't we seeing this in the news and only seeing AZ getting bagged ?

POLITICS

When will you learn to read and actually comprehend what you link ?!
    I remember similar when you posted links to bag Linux in the past.

That bmj link establishes that vaccination benefit must be carefully weighed against the risks for the very frail.

It is now common knowledge that even fever which is a side effect of both Pfizer and Astrazenica can worsen the condition of the very frail and can lead to their death. Norway doesn't use AZ, so of course your mindset will just conclude that Pfizer kills people, without understanding the underlying causes.

The second link of a single death proves no correlation to the Pfizer vaccination, nor does it claim that. It states that an investigation was made, which is a routine every time somebody dies after vaccination.
    If you knew how to properly use the internet you will find over a 100 deaths occurred here in Australia after vaccination of both Astrazenica and Pfizer but only 2 could be directly linked to AZ and none to Pfizer.
    People die all the time with or without vaccines but I will leave it up to the researchers to establish the connections to the vaccine, not your amazing 'wisdom'.

You really can't get over the pink bats can you.
    I can not recall that Kevin Rudd personally instructed the unqualified workers to staple the bats to the electrical wiring.
    The electrical wiring I have seen sprawled all over the place in the roofs of many Australian homes is deplorable and is the actual reason why these terrible incidents happened. Of course the right wing nutters will not want of hear any of that, all just Rudd's fault. How about we blame all car accidents on our government for providing roads!
    Insulation bats are used and installed very successfully all over the world, only Australia does not seem to know how to deal with them.
    Bad, bad Kevin for coming up with such a terrible lefty idea.

That video of Kevin having a go at swearing, seriously is that all you can come up with?
    That was very funny but I wish they did not censor it.

In the mean time we need to start preparing for war with China thanks to ScoMo's mouth, while many of our farmers now have to suffer from China's trade restrictions.
    At least China now has the honesty to admit that it is all addressed at our government, that seems to be above themselves and diplomacy.
    This braindead tit for tat shit will just lead to our ruin and their gain.
    While I am all for reducing our dependancies SLOWLY from China, this current attitude of the ScoMo government is pathetically dangerous and stupid.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 12-07-21 at 04:54 PM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

It is claimed here:

I always suspected that ScoMo was in bed with Astrazenica and probably also CSL when he put all the eggs in one basket and the way they are hiding the dealings with AZ as a national security risk is also very questionable, as is the delay to approve Moderna.
    The ScoMo goverment is also trying to cover up Rudd's influence on this matter.

I am not only talking about the vaccine bungle which now will have a major impact again, also thanks to another hopeless called Berejiklian but also the China issue.

Rudd at the helm would likely fix a lot of things with China and maybe make us less of a war target but that will unlikely happen.

Edit: This is meant to be a political discussion, not part of the Covid thread and I doubt the story will simply end here.
    Rudd's third comeback? ...well nice try at least
    Hahahaha....one of our "better" PMs? So good in fact that even his own party dumped him after less than one term.

If not Scomo, then each way becomes PM. And I think he will, by the way. Then he can start sucking up to China. The government over funded Australians Backing China network will be rapturous....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-07-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Hahahaha....one of our "better" PMs? So good in fact that even his own party dumped him after less than one term.

If not Scomo, then each way becomes PM. And I think he will, by the way. Then he can start sucking up to China. The government over funded Australians Backing China network will be rapturous....
    He was dumped because he was working more for the people rather than the Labor party and that is a big no no.
    Maybe also a bit self centred too but same no no.

I can't imagine a Labor win with Albo.
    Rudd's comeback is just a silly spin in my head, don't really think he wants that but you can never know considering how bad the state of the Labor party is.
    Actually I would like to see WA's Premier become a Labor PM but I think he would be too clever to take that job.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

I have some very bad news for those that think the sun shines out of the Liberals arse, Uncle Ruppie is slowly switching sides, deal has been done according to my source (in NSW)
    Even Uncle Ruppie thinks enough Pork Barreling is enough
    Think i note a softening in his news media already
    Be interesting to see if true but may only apply to NSW !
    ̶I am unaligned before you start casting aspersions of bias
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Administrator
    Thanks

ABC News - Nothing but their original Tingle article
    News.com.au (a left wing site to the surprise of many given who owns it) - Kevin Rudd has hit back after a statement from Pfizer appeared to contradict suggestions he helped secure more vaccines for Australia.
    Herald Sun - Pfizer executives have rubbished a suggestion by Kevin Rudd that he lobbied the drug company to speed up its delivery of vaccine jabs to Australia.
    The Australian - I never claimed I was involved in Pfizer contracts: Rudd
    The Age - Nothing at all
    The Guardian - Morrison government silent on contact with Pfizer global chief after Kevin Rudd intervenes in vaccine talks
    Sky News Australia - Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce has mocked Labor for spruiking the supposed “genius of Kevin Rudd” and criticised Tanya Plibersek for incorrectly claiming the former Prime Minister was involved in a deal with Pfizer...........and
    Pfizer has rubbished "inaccurate" media reports by the ABC that suggested former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd had a role in bringing forward millions of their vaccine doses to Australia.

Fark me, you can only laugh when a story blows up in your face. That's what you get for trusting the ABC, and sadly, that's what the poor taxpayer has to finance to the tune of One Billion dollars every year. the only other person supporting poor old Kevvy is, guess......good old Malcolm (Any side will do" Turncoat, err Turnbull. What a duo, Australia's least respected former Prime Ministers who both crave the limelight but never find it.

I must thank the OP for the laugh, funny as hell. What next, Julia Gillard cures cancer ? ROFL

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

bss904 (13-07-21),eaglem (13-07-21)

Administrator
    Thanks

I will stop right here
    Wise move, but too late

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-07-21)

Administrator
    Thanks

When will you learn to read and actually comprehend what you link ?!
    I remember similar when you posted links to bag Linux in the past.
    I did. And you ran flat out in to a brick wall. Funny as fark.

That bmj link establishes that vaccination benefit must be carefully weighed against the risks for the very frail.
    THIS is what it actually states in a nutshell. People can read the link themselves, they are unlikely to follow much that you say after your shocker of a day. You can try all the smokescreens you like to try and hide your shame from being duped by the ABC. And yes, it is a medical site for medical professionals and the site also contains references. Unlike the ABC news gossip :

The Pfizer-BioNTech covid-19 vaccine is “likely” to have been responsible for at least 10 deaths of frail elderly people in nursing homes in Norway, an expert review commissioned by the Norwegian Medicines Agency has concluded.

You really can't get over the pink bats can you.
    I can not recall that Kevin Rudd personally instructed the unqualified workers to staple the bats to the electrical wiring.

I haven't actually thought about it for years, the families of all the men killed no doubt regularly think about it. Rudd and Garratt are culpable because they organised it with no thought to safety whatsoever.
    It's rather ironic that under most states current workcover laws that both would go to prison.

The electrical wiring I have seen sprawled all over the place in the roofs of many Australian homes is deplorable and is the actual reason why these terrible incidents happened. Of course the right wing nutters will not want of hear any of that, all just Rudd's fault. How about we blame all car accidents on our government for providing roads!
    Insulation bats are used and installed very successfully all over the world, only Australia does not seem to know how to deal with them.
    Bad, bad Kevin for coming up with such a terrible lefty idea.

Wow, that's hilarious ! And again, what irony ! You were just blaming Scott Morrison for things he doesn't personally do. You really don't know what way to twist and turn do you ? I wouldn't either after an opening post that was in fact a 2 hour time bomb from your most trusted source
    By the way, it was only "terrible electrical wiring" in one single case :

2 died after using metal staples on metal insulation in to the 240. Metal staples were then banned and plastic staples only were allowed.
    One was a 16 year old with no training who touched a screw that was live.
    One got cooked to death in in a boiling roof.

It's pretty clear that your hack proof Linux 486 doesn't have a web browser on it. If it did, you could have looked up Google ! Jesus Christ, what a glutton for punishment ! Keep 'em coming

That video of Kevin having a go at swearing, seriously is that all you can come up with?
    That was very funny but I wish they did not censor it.

It shows how Kev acts when he thinks the cameras aren't rolling. Here, chew on another ABC link, this one tries to make his behaviour sound like it was a one off thing -

In the mean time we need to start preparing for war with China thanks to ScoMo's mouth, while many of our farmers now have to suffer from China's trade restrictions.
    At least China now has the honesty to admit that it is all addressed at our government, that seems to be above themselves and diplomacy.
    This braindead tit for tat shit will just lead to our ruin and their gain.
    While I am all for reducing our dependancies SLOWLY from China, this current attitude of the ScoMo government is pathetically dangerous and stupid.

Wow, a leftwing Chinese apologist !
    Keep on apologising hey, because they sure don't. Tit for tat, hmm, yeah, ok.

Mate, you must be a lovely shade of red and pink at this stage. You should move to China and shout Communist party slogans about "pig dog yankee imperialists", after all you are that dimwitted that you think your own country is deliberately causing a trade war with a country that takes a huge amount of our imports. Even more dim witted is the fact you think that if Super Kev was swearing at them in Mandarin it would be ok

LOL

I may have to go to hospital, I cant stop laughing.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-07-21),Reschs (12-07-21)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    I have some very bad news for those that think the sun shines out of the Liberals arse, Uncle Ruppie is slowly switching sides, deal has been done according to my source (in NSW)
    Even Uncle Ruppie thinks enough Pork Barreling is enough
    Think i note a softening in his news media already
    Be interesting to see if true but may only apply to NSW !
    ̶I am unaligned before you start casting aspersions of bias
    Ah, the Big Mac strategy, secret sauce. Don't say too much, the ABC will pick it up and run with it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-07-21)

Premium Member

Thanks

Ah, the Big Mac strategy, secret sauce. Don't say too much, the ABC will pick it up and run with it.
    Unfortunately they have been compromised by being threatened by having their budget cut yet again if they criticize the existing government, then again am sure their budget would rocket under a Labor govt

Thanks

No, ABC have indeed published a second article about a Pfizer spokesperson denying Rudd's actions had influence in any of Pfizer's decisions :

Well I did say the story wasn't over yet.

As for the rest of your dribble, you obviously can't understand these very basic written medical reports.

It looks like didn't even manage to get past the head line of that report:

[QUOTE]While emphasising considerable uncertainty around its conclusions, the expert group acknowledged a risk that adverse reactions to the vaccines among very frail patients could initiate a cascade of complications, which in the worst case scenario could lead to earlier death. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]“Nevertheless, the expert group believes that, for some of these frail patients, common adverse reactions may have contributed to a more serious course of their disease.” [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]“Serious adverse events unrelated to, but close in timing to vaccination, are expected to occur at a similar rate in vaccinated individuals as they would in the overall population.” [/QUOTE]

All what I tried to explain to you earlier in simpler words about giving frail patients vaccines in general and then further down it is not Pfizer that is considered the trouble maker but Astrazenica:

[QUOTE]Geir Bukholm, director of the Division of Infection Control and Environmental Health at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health, said, “Since there are few people who die from covid-19 in Norway, the risk of dying after vaccination with the AstraZeneca vaccine would be higher than the risk of dying from the disease, particularly for younger people.” [/QUOTE]

In the mean time another person just died from Astrazenica in South Australia, now age 72 but soon the Covid death rate will go up dramatically in NSW due to way too late and initially half hearted responses of the NSW Liberal government, when it was already too late.
    Berejiklian said schools are safe, dumb bitch that never had kids, yes I am biased I have kids and I got an email from the school telling me no need for masks in school only on the bus.
    How is it safer for 30 kids cramped in a classroom for 6 hours with no masks than 15 minutes in a bus !

Unfortunately when my son wears a mask he will be the laughing stock, while a mask doesn't really help the wearer, it helps others from catching the virus from the wearer.
    So everybody not wearing one is a virus spreading arsehole.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 12-07-21 at 10:01 PM.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

There are always going to be risks to the frail and aged regardless of what medication is prescribed, be it COVID, the Flu Shot, or asprin. Surprisingly enough, most medical professionals do care about your health and will prescribe what they think is BEST for you!. I' would rather take a risk with AZ than crossing the road! Oh! I HAVE had the AZ!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

I must thank the OP for the laugh, funny as hell. What next, Julia Gillard cures cancer ? ROFL
    Just as funny as Trump invented the vaccine comments.

Premium Member

Thanks

Some interesting comments

• The Following User Says Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

wotnot (13-07-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Onya Kev.....

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

allover (14-07-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I'd be more worried about Lambda.....

We will never be rid of this pestilence ..... All talk of "back to normal" is just bullsh!t. The premiers have destroyed Australia, and we are stuck with a fractious, loose and unstable bunch of states who will demand passports and permits......"show me your papers".

We ARE living the new normal IMO....

The best bet would be NO exceptions to compulsory vaccination IMO, otherwise it just rolls on (and it may very well make little or no difference, no one knows).....f*ck giving antis a choice.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

allover (14-07-21),eaglem (14-07-21),hinekadon (14-07-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    I'd be more worried about Lambda.....

We will never be rid of this pestilence ..... All talk of "back to normal" is just bullsh!t. The premiers have destroyed Australia, and we are stuck with a fractious, loose and unstable bunch of states who will demand passports and permits......"show me your papers".

We ARE living the new normal IMO....

The best bet would be NO exceptions to compulsory vaccination IMO, otherwise it just rolls on (and it may very well make little or no difference, no one knows).....f*ck giving antis a choice.

This study shows that mRNA vaccines(Pfizer, Moderna) will continue to protect us against the Lambda variant C.37

I find no C.37 studies for Astrazenica
    However for B.1.617.2 (Delta) it shows only roughly 60% symptomatic after 2 doses, which means that it may not be sufficient to stop the spread.
    It still prevents 90% of Delta hospitalisation cases though.

I am not opposed to mandatory vaccination but unlike the USA (with 70million people of a certain mindset) anti-vaxers are not the problem here, the lack of appropriate vaccine in Australia is.
    While in the USA already in Feb 2021 vaccination was full steam ahead, the ScoMo government was just sitting on their hands waiting for CSL to get a move on and the following months at the mercy of some miserly imports.
    I only heard yesterday on the radio that a lot of people formerly hesitant towards vaccination are now begging to get vaccinated, particularly in Fairfield Sydney where a lot of former foreigners live.

So where is the vaccine?

This morning I heard on the radio an interview about using modified bacteria to treat Covid. Bacteria could be precisely programmed (genetically modified) to identify the protein coat of the virus and destroy it.
    This process is not new and it is being used in a novel treatment to destroy cancer cells that also have a protein shield that stops our immune system from destroying them, but it is the first time I heard this for virus treatment.
    If the virus mutates it is merely a matter of a 'few lines of code' to program a new bacteria for this.
    This is a cure, not a vaccine but would mean nobody has to die from Covid anymore if this cure is available to them.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 14-07-21 at 12:33 PM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

yeah, yeah, yeah.............They need you running this....you can just invent the vaccines and wiggle your nose...and "poof" there they are.

All the surveys I have seen say about 25% of Aussies just don't want it or don't care. That won't do. Any thought that vaccines will just go to script and fix everything is plain fanciful bullsh!t.

Like I said, we're living the normal IMO. Unless something comes along with 100% efficacy, we're f*cked. I haven't read that ANY vaccine can do that.

I read this morning that the family that broke quarantine and returned to Victoria WON'T be fined....what hope have we?

eaglem (15-07-21)

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast