Thread: Freedom of speech

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Default Freedom of speech

I think it is very important that members of this forum are aware of the following clip

Have been requested to remove from YouTube clips to its own thread
    Some take it that when you criticize the Government in power you are automatically aligned with the opposition
    IMHO both sides of politics stink, but i do not know the answer to the duopoly
    In this case both sides have endorsed this bill and are eroding free speech, not endorsed by a bill of rights in Australia
    The thing that really irates me is the lack of publicity by the media to inform the public!
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

enf (20-07-21),hinekadon (20-07-21),Landytrack (22-07-21),Tiny (20-07-21)

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

The media are too busy trying to out lie and out sensationalise each other about covid. If it impinges on their freedom to lie, they will be up in arms....

I'd hope that this esafety commissioner is named so that his rulings can be challenged.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (20-07-21),Tiny (20-07-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,959 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    IMHO both sides of politics stink, but i do not know the answer to the duopoly
    Oh, I can answer that one for you -- there is no duopoly...

In this case both sides have endorsed this bill
    ..see? They're on the same side -- they never oppose each other when all politicians are affected =)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

... the dude DID say that the Greens want it amended.
    However I question the truth of this opinion piece as I do with everything on Youtube.
    It is simply not possible for one person alone to decide what is true/offensive/blah blah, you need an army of people for that job, who will all see things differently on a case by case base.

This WILL change when things become automated and an AI decides. So it will be all up to who codes/maintains the algorithms.

In reality NOBODY can handle free speech, when everybody is lying anyhow.

As for duopoly, it certainly exists in the USA, currently in it's most extremist form.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 21-07-21 at 11:39 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...