Thread: Postimage - A security risk?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

Default Postimage - A security risk?

I mentioned in some posts in General chat that postimages are being blocked for me. I am using a MacBook Pro.
    Initially I thought the 'offending' blocker was a Malware detector from NordVPN called CyberSec because after I disabled it I could
    see a postimage LINK that Enf kindly provided me.

It turns out however that I still can not see embedded postimages in the forum, even if I fully shutdown NordVPN.
    On top of that I can not see the embedded images on my Phone(has NordVPN) or another Linux laptop (with and without PIA VPN enabled),
    There is just empty space.
    I have everywhere a lot of security and tracking blockers in place, built into browsers, hosts file, etc... too much to go through all this.

Too bad I thought, I will just live with that but this morning when I wanted to log in I was getting these pop up banner 'warnings' ON MY LOGIN PAGE labelled by postimg.cc

For safety reasons I took the 'screenshot' with my phone:

I had already enabled CyberSec again and closed the postimg page but too late this malware had sneaked past.

My login page is only allowed to show system warnings. I have never seen spam popups from websites on my log in page.
    I don't even get pop banners on my browser pages, how the heck did they manage that?
    Somehow postimg has managed to create a script to override this.
    If it capable of doing that it could be capable of reading the keystrokes of my log in.

These 'notifications' wouldn't go way. So instead of logging in, I held down the power button for 10 seconds and after that an SMC reset.
    The pop up did not occur anymore so hopefully the script is not resident.

At least I now have confirmation that CyberSec is doing something right.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

mtv (08-08-21),tristen (09-08-21)

3. Look Here ->