Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lockdown Question

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,990 Times in 1,535 Posts

haha...Betty Cooper & Veronica Lodge, you could've just asked =) Not that I was ever into The Archies either, but my younger sister used to buy the comics all the time.

Too long a story as to why they appear as my avatar, but I might tap ground on topic and say I like the Robot Chicken spoofs better =)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (05-09-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    haha...Betty Cooper & Veronica Lodge, you could've just asked =)
    Where's fun in that
    I now actually had to Wiki Betty Cooper & Veronica Lodge, I was that out of touch of the pop 'culture' but I do remember the song.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (05-09-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Ah Betty and Veronica. What's the link between the B52s and the Beatles.

Well, the popularity of the Beatles and their off stage adventures was a market America just couldn't ignore. So they fabricated the first boy band, The Monkees.
    They of course were a success. The problem is that the group members actually began to believe they were a real band and not just a facade.
    They quit/were fired and of course reality caught up to them instantly. Their producer Don Kirshner was pretty pissed and looking for a replacement he realised that cartoon characters unlike real people had no such HR problems. Their voices could easily be substituted. So the Archies picked up ball.
    The Archies were one of the inspirations for the B52's, so much so that they are about to be imortalised in the Archie comics. Which I have no doubt they are super happy about.
    And they're starting to get really old now and the bible belt diet and lifestyle is not kind to caucasian bodies. But they haven't lost their voices so I will be just as happy to see Cindy Wilson given a 40 year buff and polish.
    Last edited by trash; 05-09-21 at 08:16 PM.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234