Thread: TIO gave TPG until 24 Aug to answer my complaint

Thanks

Thumbs down TIO gave TPG until 24 Aug to answer my complaint

My 50Mbs net connection has been connecting at between 10Mbs and 30Mbs since Feb 15th. A tech showed up on the 22nd of Feb and showed me a pic of a disgusting mess of muddy wire. He didn't fix anything and I haven't seen a tech since.
    I've sent logs to the TIO from mid April showing up to 188 connection attempts in a day. "G.994 Training"
    I made a complaint about TPG refusing to communicate by email or SMS. They were ringing me every third day to tell me they hadn't done anything. After the third phone call, I told them to SMS or email me if all they wanted to tell me was "We are still working with NBN etc" The 4th, 5th and 6th time they rang me I told them the same thing. I made their number a silent ring for a while. They left messages asking me to ring them for an update. Guess what the update was? I can find 18 incoming calls from them all saying. Guess?
    I also complained about TPG misleading me about the distance I am from the node. My neighbour is on TPG FTTN as well. We feed to a mini pit with just our 2 lines in it on our fence line and then 35 meters up the road to a normal pit. He gets 75 Mbs on Speedtest on his 100Mbs connection. TPG told me in an email that I'm 1004 meters from a node and the maximum speed I can connect at is 34Mbs and get ~30Mbs on Speedtest. I worked for Telstra in the 70's and never heard of a cabler measuring cable runs to the meter and writing it down somewhere. I've asked Techs on r/NBN if there's any possibility that the PMG passed its paper records to Telecom and someone typed all of that into a computer when computers started coming with keyboards. I also asked if the lines could go to different nodes from the same pit. We all agreed that 1004 is a number based on line attenuation.
    TPG gave me a 55MB per month sim last month as compensation. . I told the person that offered it to me that 55GB is roughly 4 hours of 4k streams a month. He laughed and told me I'd be able to get my emails. BAD mistake. I gave them one more chance to negotiate. They felt 55GB a month was compensation enough.
    I think I should ask for all my Internet payments to be credited back to me and I be provided with an unlimited sim till the problem is rectified.
    I'd love to get $150 per call after I told them to stop ringing. I used to charge $150/hr or part thereof for consulting and answer the phone" Could I have your credit card number please." That may be wishful thinking but if you asked me to fix something IT related that's what I'd quote you. Unless it has something to do with fortran and punchcards. That'll cost you $1,500 an hour and please go find someone else.
    The thing I REALLY want is for TPG to put a large message apologising for misleading their customers on the front page of their website for the next couple of years.

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Actually scratchie you CAN measure the distance using an OTDR (Optical Time Domain Reflectometer) but only as far as the last optical connection. I spent a couple of days sitting on the side of the road with one, whilst the blokes a couple of ks down the road repaired the light pipe that had been found by a mechanical cable locator. (Back hoe to the uninitiated) It identified the fault to the nearest metre. Anyway, this is irrelevant to you problem at hand. Offer to cancel your service a move to another provider. That will, at least, prove the nbn connection.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Actually scratchie you CAN measure the distance using an OTDR (Optical Time Domain Reflectometer) but only as far as the last optical connection
    Partly correct... He's on twisted pair copper from the node, so yes, a wire cable TDR could estimate cable length.

• 14-08-21, 07:56 PM

Reason
    Off topic. Stop posting in incorrect forums asking for software.

Premium Member
    Thanks

i was paying for 60 and getting 40 i upped it to 100 and got 60 to me the should have supplied the 60 at the rate charged for the 60 not the price of the 100 connection so i changed to a wireless connection i get 125 for just $10 more a month

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 571 Posts

Default TIO gave TPG until 24 Aug to answer my complaint

Why don’t you just change providers? You found TPG to be a subpar provider, and you don’t want to deal with them when they are contacting you to discuss the issue, so why hang around? With the NBN it’s a 15 minute process to switch to another provider.

I’d suggest it’s time to move on, especially if you reckon you’ll be billing then to call you about your issues. Life’s too short to be wasting your time dealing with idiots.