Default Bill Gates in the firing line.

Worth reading.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

eaglem (04-09-21),wotnot (03-09-21)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

See?...that's what decades of ms-dos will do to you =)

Interesting to read Melinda got out ~ I think my expectations of her just jumped up a few rungs, lets hope she didn't sign any NDA that precludes a book or teevee series

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

eaglem (04-09-21),enf (04-09-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Great idea, a genetic lobotomy to relive the world of religious nutters

Can't believe people actually believe all this crap.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (04-09-21),RFI-EMI-GUY (04-09-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    See?...that's what decades of ms-dos will do to you =)

Interesting to read Melinda got out ~ I think my expectations of her just jumped up a few rungs, lets hope she didn't sign any NDA that precludes a book or teevee series
    Will be interested to hear her testimony.

I did wonder why she chose to leave, instead of the separate life formula they had been pursuing.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Can't believe people actually believe all this crap.
    Yep. Now there were reasons not like Bill, but this article is a croc of shit and I'm amused that it attempts to credit itself by throwing bigfoot and ufos under the bus and then only a parked bus. That's a warning sign. "I'm not as crazy as other crazy people who I'm not going to call crazy."

OK, if you still want to hate Bill, the have a listen to Behind the Bastards. Robert is very left wing and he makes a lot of mistakes, not just the one he acknowledges.
    So as long as you take that into account and realise that these podcasts are shit talking of people based on a bit of reality and blown up to make it funny, you'll get a bit of an idea of where Bill is really at. Avoid any conspiracy thinking if you can and try not to lean to the left else you might fall off your chair.

In general the impression I get is Bill did a lot of shit stuff in the past, he is now trying to do some good but at the same time, he's not real good at it and it's hard for him not to break step.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    In general the impression I get is Bill did a lot of shit stuff in the past, he is now trying to do some good but at the same time, he's not real good at it and it's hard for him not to break step.
    All he did was steal other people's stuff and got away with it and got rich.
    I personally never liked him and it didn't help that I was forced to use his operating systems.
    But when others 'stole' his DOS for example they did a far better job.

I think when you are that rich and get bored with all that money, you don't REALLY want to be a good person, you want to be important and meaningful in some way.
    So what better way than to dump some money to the needy rather than wasteful governments but eventually you must get bored with that too and you can't help everyone,
    so you will end up in the firing line one way or another.

Life's a bitch when your rich
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 06-09-21 at 03:00 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (06-09-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

I personally never liked him and it didn't help that I was forced to use his operating systems.
    But when others 'stole' his DOS for example they did a far better job.

I think when you are that rich and get bored with all that money, you don't REALLY want to be a good person, you want to be important and meaningful in some way.
    So what better way than to dump some money to the needy rather than wasteful governments but eventually you must get bored with that too and you can't help everyone,
    so you will end up in the firing line one way or another.

Life's a bitch when your rich
    Xerox wasn't it? My memory dims grasshopper....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (06-09-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Xerox wasn't it? My memory dims grasshopper....
    Xerox was only interested in copiers so you could also say their ideas and proof of concepts were up for grabs for Gates and Jobs who actually understood what they created.

Thanks

He bought the DOS Operating system from IMB, developed it and added the Graphic Interface.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

wotnot (06-09-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

yeah, I don't have some much of a problem with stealing other peoples stuff. If you steal somebody's shit idea and make something better of it.
    I've been around since the CP/M days so I've see a bit of history.

Yeah, I might not have liked Bill either for a number of reasons, but fycking over netscape (among others) takes the cake. That shit should have got him a cvnt pvnt that he should still have bruising from.

Yeah, think that sums it up pretty well.

I don't know if you heard the behind the bastards link I posted. But if you thought Bill was a bit of a bitch, ya got to have a listen to the Dr Phil episodes.
    Wow, what a piece of shit he is. And I see he has a new TV show. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark!

I can be said, Oprah Winfrey has created more monsters than Stephen King.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reschs View Post
    He bought the DOS Operating system from IMB, developed it and added the Graphic Interface.
    No it was a company called SCP (Seattle Computer Products)
    LOL about the GUI.

Originally called QDOS(Quick and Dirty Operating System) which SCP 'stole' from Digital Research's CP/M.
    Then Gates SUPPLIED a special version (PC DOS) to IBM (if that was what you meant with IMB)

IBM did not want to own a PC DOS due to concerns of being sued for stealing things.
    Therefore IBM left that up to MicroSoft who obviously know how to deal with these things but IBM also sold systems with CP/M

When I say here 'steal' it means basically imitated but redeveloped to deal with compatibility and also some changes to look like their own.

However when I was using DOS, I always preferred the Digital Research versions, DR DOS as they had features MS DOS did not have but then later M$
    stole for their next MS DOS versions.

That was when I learnt that there was always something better than M$.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 06-09-21 at 10:04 PM.

Thanks

I stand corrected. My geriatric memory isn't what it used to be.
    I should have remembered CP/M as i used to program the PD11'S.
    I still have the books.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

enf (07-09-21),Uncle Fester (07-09-21)