Thread: Terrorist Stabbing In New Zealand

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,962 Times in 9,059 Posts

Default Terrorist Stabbing In New Zealand

Jacinda Adern, jeeeez.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the incident was a "terrorist attack" carried out by a Sri Lankan national who was under police surveillance.
    Under surveillance? Who by? Stevie Wonder?
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-09-21),Reschs (04-09-21)

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Under surveillance means he hadn't done anything. From the News reports he went into the shop, grabbed a knife off the shelf and just started stabbing people. How can the cops prevent nutters like that? If they locked up everyone who made comments about terrorism or looked at terrorist posts on line, we'd all be in goal for even suggesting that such idiots should be shot.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Under surveillance means he hadn't done anything. From the hews reports he went into the shop, grabbed a knife off the shelf and just started stabbing people. How can the cops prevent nutters like that? If they locked up everyone who made comments about terrorism or looked at terrorist posts on line, we'd all be in gaol for even suggesting that such idiots should be shot.
    I WAS being "tongue in cheek", but thanks for the heads up.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-09-21)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

"Prosecutors had accused him of plotting a "lone wolf" terror attack using knives, but the judge ruled that planning a terror attack was not in itself an offence under existing laws, the reports said.'

Most other countries consider plotting a terror attack to be an offence! Which is how many terrorism plans have been thwarted.

Apparently the guy had significant criminal history.

At least thanks to the quick-acting police, a judge won't be able to release him again... other than in a box.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-09-21),lsemmens (05-09-21),Reschs (04-09-21)

Thanks

Weak leadership in NZ by Jacinta ,
    She never introduced any new legislation to jail or deport these kind of fanatics,

Wonder why

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Au_radio For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-09-21),VroomVroom (07-09-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    You know it looks bad if you shoot him before he starts a run.

Picture this .... you get in your Terminator style time machine and your transported back to JKF airport 20 years ago.
    The only terrorist face you recognise is Mohamed Atta, you got yourself a gun and you shoot that farker in the head as he checks in and checks out.

You drop the gun and the cops arrest you, and you tell them what you've just done and what is about to happen in the next few minutes.
    They are going to think you are nucking futs until the other dickheads start killing people.

Of course after that point in time the terrorists don't mean shit because time travel is real and the new quest is to find the time machine before anybody else and establish the TVA so no other fooker can mess shit up
    Last edited by trash; 04-09-21 at 07:06 PM.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following User Says Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-09-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,058 Posts

Jacinda Adern, jeeeez.

Be fair, Ray Charlies was his partner.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-09-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reschs View Post
    Be fair, Ray Charlies was his partner.
    I was actually going to question whether or not using his stage instead of his real name was altogether correct 8)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-09-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 571 Posts

At least over there when they have a suspect ‘under surveillance’ they have full physical surveillance, with cops able to jump in and react in seconds - which is exactly what they did. Credit where credit is due.

Most of the time in Aus when someone is ‘under surveillance’ it’s electronic only, not physical, so there would be no chance of stopping them should they start going on a rampage like this bloke did.
    Last edited by peteramjet; 05-09-21 at 09:24 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-09-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    At least over there when they have a suspect ‘under surveillance’ they have full physical surveillance, with cops able to jump in and react in seconds - which is exactly what they did. Credit where credit is due.

Most of the time in Aus when someone is ‘under surveillance’ it’s electronic only, not physical, so there would be no chance of stopping them should they start going on a rampage like this bloke did.
    I get your logic, but would you feel the same using it if one of the victims was dead.....?

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (06-09-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 571 Posts

I get your logic, but would you feel the same using it if one of the victims was dead.....?
    Surely it can be said that there is a very good chance no one died because of the instant reaction by the police surveillance team

Clearly the police considered he was still such a serious threat to the public (despite the view of the NZ High Court) that they had a physical surveillance team on him, who went into action within seconds - that’s seconds, not minutes. And lucky they did, because their quick response likely saved lives.

Given the circumstances here, I don’t see how there could have been any quicker response.
    Last edited by peteramjet; 05-09-21 at 06:24 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

eaglem (06-09-21),lsemmens (05-09-21),william10 (05-09-21)

Thanks

there is a good uchoob channel - Tim Larkin, it's all about when violence is the answer
    they did a series about mass shootings and the numbers/stats behind it based on the history of shootings including one in Scotland.
    An active event starts when the first victim falls and on average 1 every 9.8 seconds after that. Given the New Zealand police were following this guy - they took 60 seconds to stop him hence only 6 victims.

If it was a typical day where a law enforcement officers are not within earshot, then he would have (on average) had 5 minutes before either Police or someone else stopped him. The last New Zealand mass shooting - 101 were shot, 50 died and he had an assault weapon - looking at the stats it he went for 17 minutes meaning was 1 every 9.9 seconds.

If the Police were not in close surveillance, and as he was in a busy shopping centre, this would have been a mass causality event - even with only a knife.

The scary part is the ease that someone can do this - even when they are on a watch list
    Most wouldn't even know they have been stabbed until it was too late, and when the Police started shooting - that's when people started running.....
    Last edited by freakee1; 06-09-21 at 09:54 AM.
    有段者

• The Following User Says Thank You to freakee1 For This Useful Post:

enf (06-09-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Three or four years ago, I was standing second in line at the local Woollies at the self serve. The guy in front of me, a stocky bloke in rugby kit, suddenly started growling like a dog. I don't know how else to describe it. He then produced a Witlshire Staysharp cooks knife he'd obviously got from the kitchen section. It was maybe 15" long.

Standing there with my hands full, I had a vision of how easily the thing could be rammed into my chest by a crazy, so I instnctively took a step back. It's amazing how the mind works in wild situations. My very first thought was "F*ck, I'm going to step on the guy behind me." He however, had seen this guy too and had done the same thing at the same time.

We looked at each other, then back at the crazy who had dropped his shopping, and was quickly into the act of slashing his left wrist open. Before I had got a word out, he had quickly changed hands and slashed the other one. He then fainted.

I had a new appeciation of what my doctor had said about blood pressure. The sh!t was squirting out like a fountain. Before the other guy and myself could get to him, the stuff was everywhere. One of the staff, just a kid, grabbed towels and we held his arms up and wrapped them. The kid then calmly rang 000, we took instructions from the ambo at the other end and waited keeping his arms vertical.

He didn't die, but it was close I think. The smell was sickly.

My point is that the actual incident literaly took only a couple of seconds. The brain slows things down and it seems that you have eons to react. If a guy was stabbing people at random and violently, he could do HEAPS of damage very quickly.

Funny thing is my youngest daughter was sleepily going past on the bus as the two of us walked outside covered in blood. The bus went past and was down the road before her brain realised what she saw, she screamed, and got the bus to stop.

Her brain needed time to take the scene in...."Shit! That's DAD, and he's covered in blood!!" hahahaha.....

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

freakee1 (06-09-21),lsemmens (06-09-21),william10 (06-09-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by freakee1 View Post
    The scary part is the ease that someone can do this - even when they are on a watch list .
    Watch for the copycats.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

enf (06-09-21),freakee1 (07-09-21)