Thread: Univesal remotes

Thanks

Default Univesal remotes

I've been a happy logitech remote users for about 12 years after my 650 stopped working recently i found that logitech are no longer remotes, this is a real pain as i cant find anything else available to can replace it.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Thanks

Yes - it's a total PITA. My 16 year old Logitech was getting a bit dodgy, with some buttons needing to be mashed before they'd work. I was going to pull it apart and fix it, but when I discovered that they were stopping making them, I raced down to OfficeWorks and grabbed the one they had on the shelf. It'd take me weeks to program all that into a new / totally different remote control!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    That wont cut it, got 3x300 harmony's but they dont have the macro setups that the 650 had.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    Yes - it's a total PITA. My 16 year old Logitech was getting a bit dodgy, with some buttons needing to be mashed before they'd work. I was going to pull it apart and fix it, but when I discovered that they were stopping making them, I raced down to OfficeWorks and grabbed the one they had on the shelf. It'd take me weeks to program all that into a new / totally different remote control!
    Yeah my 525 got dropped in the toilet by one of the kids years ago but still worked for another 6 years after, 515 is like yours and you need to almost stand on the buttons to use it.
    The 650 had a cat piss on it and even after pulling apart anf using contact cleaner on it its dead as a dodo, All in one brand is about all i can find as a suitable replacement.

Banned
    Thanks

I used to use Universals years ago, when a Remote was missing from a 2nd hand device purchase, or was broken.
    The biggest problem was finding a 'code' that allowed ALL the functions to work, instead of say just on/off & volume etc.
    Question here??
    If you have the old/original remote, and are just trying to make many devices work with just ONE master remote, don't the
    new ones have a feature to read the codes/functions by pointing one at the other in 'learn' mode??