Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Australia losing friends!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,969 Times in 1,528 Posts

The episode has tapped into France’s Gaullist sentiment, a political tradition that looks to a strong French state to resist subordination to other nations. (In 1966, President Charles de Gaulle withdrew France from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization’s (NATO’s) military structure to regain “the full exercise of her sovereignty.”) As President Emmanuel Macron positions himself to run for reelection next year, this Gaullist tradition could prompt him to react with particular pique to the AUKUS deal.

The UK & US would've known the sub deal between AU & FR was going to be canceled long before the AUKUS pact was signed, right about the time they decided FRAUKUS was definitely not on the agenda =)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,074 Times in 9,093 Posts

Just another French lie exposed....by their foreign minister no less.

Paywalled....

Submarine letter shows no deception of France
    5 hours ago

France’s claim that Australia deceived it over the $90 billion submarine project on the same day as it was cancelled has been challenged.

French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian has accused the Australian government of lying and claimed the Defence Department sent a letter to Paris.

Mr Drian said the letter confirmed the government was ready to sign off on the second phase of the submarine program.

The Weekend Australian, however, has obtained the letter and is reporting it says no such thing.

The document makes no reference to any decision to authorise the next phase and does not even mention it.

The letter instead only states that the French shipbuilder Naval Group had completed a systems review and could now formally leave the review, as is required under the contract.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (04-10-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

SCOMO MUST GO!

I just heard the actual interview regarding this while driving and nearly hit a cyclist:

Fact is that France had already offered us to convert to NUCLEAR powered subs a while ago that don't even use weapon grade Uranium, which we declined.
    SO if anybody is a liar and need to apologise, it IS ScoMo.
    France has trusted us with their military secrets and we just walk away with them form one week to the next.
    Even Biden is shocked.

Australia must be seen as the most untrustworthy western country.
    Good luck finding trading partners now!
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,074 Times in 9,093 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    SCOMO MUST GO!

I just heard the actual interview regarding this while driving and nearly hit a cyclist:

Fact is that France had already offered us to convert to NUCLEAR powered subs a while ago that don't even use weapon grade Uranium, which we declined.
    SO if anybody is a liar and need to apologise, it IS ScoMo.
    France has trusted us with their military secrets and we just walk away with them form one week to the next.
    Even Biden is shocked.

Australia must be seen as the most untrustworthy western country.
    Good luck finding trading partners now!
    BWAHAHAHAHA...this ranks as one of your better anti coalition rants. If the ALP did this you'd be praising them as courageous and forthright. Oh, thats right, the ALP HAS been calling for this. Rant at Abbott and your mate Turnbull for signing this stupid deal in the first place.

The next time the French are at risk of surrender (any time they are in trouble), they'll call us, and as usual, we will respond. We are the MOST trustworthy democratic nation on the planet.

As for Biden being shocked, that's probably because of the cattle prod keeping him awake.

Jeeeez, you're so predictable. I gotta admit though, this is better than usual.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    BWAHAHAHAHA...this ranks as one of your better anti coalition rants. If the ALP did this you'd be praising them as courageous and forthright. Oh, thats right, the ALP HAS been calling for this. Rant at Abbott and your mate Turnbull for signing this stupid deal in the first place.

Jeeeez, you're so predictable. I gotta admit though, this is better than usual.
    Thanks for the praise but you predicted wrong.
    I said ScoMo must go, didn't say the Liberal party.

Currently any Liberal member could represent Australia better than ScoMo.

Why would you think I support Labor despite me saying that they are currently hopeless many times.
    I think I have also made it clear enough that I am an investor and the last thing I would want would be a Labor leadership, who have serious plans to destroy investor benefits. Australia's economy needs us although something needs to be done with unaffordable housing, which is counterproductive and hurting everybody except the speculators.

ScoMo needs to go because his mouth is damaging Australia and our economy.
    A politician has one function and that is to talk​, properly, respectful and convincing and he has none of that.
    The quicker he gets replaced the better chance the coalition has next April/May.
    We are now used to changing leaders, it's no big deal.

Edit: Remember when I complained about Gladys and said she has to go?
    I was initially sceptical about Perrottet but I see him doing quite well. He listens and is NOT stubborn stupid.
    Of course his support for Twiggy's FFI is the cream on the cake
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 03-11-21 at 05:25 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Rant at Abbott and your mate Turnbull for signing this stupid deal in the first place.
    Just re-read it that's actually a good one.

Not my mate, your mate :ROFL:

I still remember my heated discussions on this forum when Turnbull stuffed up the NBN just like I predicted, while you and Admin fully supported his 'great' FTTN solution.
    Yeah back then Labor with Rudd started a good future proof thing. Maybe that is why you thought I am still a Labor supporter.
    Those days are long gone.

All I currently see is 'our mate' trying to mend things with Macron by telling him it is not Australia just the leader who he shouldn't trust.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Thanks for the praise but you predicted wrong.
    ay.
    We are now used to changing leaders, it's no big deal.

Edit: Remember when I complained about Gladys and said she has to go?
    I was initially sceptical about Perrottet but I see him doing quite well. He listens and is NOT stubborn stupid.
    Of course his support for Twiggy's FFI is the cream on the cake
    Be careful, this might come back to bight you in time to come!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (05-11-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Be careful, this might come back to bight you in time to come!
    Nothing comes without risk

• Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345