Thread: Bosch Solution 16 Plus - External Siren not working

Thanks

Default Bosch Solution 16 Plus - External Siren not working

Hi All,

I have an issue with my Bosch Solution 16 plus system. Everything is working fine with the exception of the external siren

There are no errors in the system.

If i open the panel and disconnect the external siren wires (COM+ and OUT2), the keypad beeps at me and displays the error "Siren Open", so clearly it recognises to some degree that the siren is attached.

If i attempt to test the outputs (Internal Siren, Strobe and External siren), the Internal Siren and Strobe work perfectly fine.

Ive attempted to take the two wires that run to the external siren and give it 12 volts from a spare battery i have (doing this from the panel end), and whilst i here it make a momentary "blip" like its going to run, it goes no further. I'm not sure thought if you can even run 12 volts directly to them.

I have not yet attempted to dismount the external siren / strobe to have a look if theres anything untoward in there.

Appreciate any guidance or help you guys might be able to provide to help a semi reasonably abled "Diyer" try and diagnose the issue.

Im happy to default the system and reprogram if i have to, but would rather not at this stage.

Dave

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Are you sure it's output 2? Normally it's output 1.

If it is using a horn speaker and you put 12v on it you will only hear a blip. Horn speakers do fail from time to time.

Otherwise check the output programming.

Thanks

Hi Secure - thanks for the reply.

Sorry, you are correct. The siren is in Output 1 - the strobe is in output 2.

Previous to this is was working fine. The owner (my mother in law), had an old solution 16 system that died. I know the siren works, because it kept going off.

I had this bosch solution 16 plus lying around so decided to install it for her.

Are you able to provide any guidance on the programming side of things? I defaulted the system before i put it into her house, and as part of all my programming, didnt touch anything at all to do with the siren so it should be "stnadard" programming for output 2. Is that right or shouod i be making programming changes outside of standard?

Dave

Thanks

The standard default programming should be fine, generally no changes need to be made if it is a horn speaker in the outside unit.

You said there was no other troubles listed on the keypad. Outputs will not work if there is a low battery condition.

Thanks

Hey mate. Yeah no troubles at all on the keypad.
    I put a brand new battery in when I did the install a few days ago, and the battery test shows 13.3v so all good there I think.
    At a bit of a loss as to where to go from here, other than defaulting which I’d like to avoid if possible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davus View Post
    Hey mate. Yeah no troubles at all on the keypad.
    I put a brand new battery in when I did the install a few days ago, and the battery test shows 13.3v so all good there I think.
    At a bit of a loss as to where to go from here, other than defaulting which I’d like to avoid if possible.
    I had an issue with mine for a while - eventually tried to fault find - thought it was the siren - put a new one (under the eaves of a 2 store house) no luck. Eventually found the culprit. - a fatigued wire. Not sure how. Cut the cable and re-terminated and it was all good.