Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Pollie bites the dust

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Porkbarrelano is gone, another may follow pretty soon!!!!
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    Porkbarrelano is gone, another may follow pretty soon!!!!
    The man is a fool. Every time I saw him on tv he said the most stupid things.....has he quit parliament, or just quit as deputy?

I'm not really surprised. NSW is a bit of a basket case, I guess like Victoria would be without Daniel "it wasn't me" Andrews. The Prime Minister no less, reportedly once described Perrotet (sp?) as a f*ckwit.

Without Gladys holding the string bag together it's pretty porous.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-10-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    The man is a fool. Every time I saw him on tv he said the most stupid things.....has he quit parliament, or just quit as deputy?

I'm not really surprised. NSW is a bit of a basket case, I guess like Victoria would be without Daniel "it wasn't me" Andrews. The Prime Minister no less, reportedly once described Perrotet (sp?) as a f*ckwit.

Without Gladys holding the string bag together it's pretty porous.
    After reading this (yes I know ABC link but the info can be researched) it looks like we will be ruled by an extreme rightwing religious nutter who adores Trump and will be so busy handling his 6 children that he will just have to ignore what he doesn't want to see elsewhere:

The Opus Dei sect has been tied to secretive dealings, along with aggressive recruitment methods and accusations of elitism and misogyny.
    More about Opus Dei:

Anyhow Anti-vaxers can rejoice as it seems likely he will lift all restrictions for workplaces and schools ASAP and human induced climate change deniers will also be pleased.

I am quite sure he will have a lot of followers and be very successful and be remembered as the man who brought 'freedom' back to NSW.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 04-10-21 at 11:07 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Premium Member

Thanks

Reminds me of the email i received

If you had to choose from the following as a world leader which one would you choose
    1. Conspired with criminals whilst in office, drank to excess and was a womanizer
    2, Drank a quart of whiskey a night, did not get out of bed until 12.00 noon Had been kicked out of politics twice, was a depressant
    3. Was a vegetarian, non drinker and lived a clean life

Some may know the answer, others may be able to work it out from the clues!
    Last edited by allover; 04-10-21 at 02:25 PM.

Thanks

As my elderly neighbour used to say, All politicians have their place, but for most it hasn't been dug yet

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to madtech For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-10-21),enf (04-10-21),william10 (04-10-21),wotnot (04-10-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madtech View Post
    As my elderly neighbour used to say, All politicians have their place, but for most it hasn't been dug yet
    As I posted somewhere else, the late comedian Dave Allen...

"I have a soft spot for politicians. It's a bog in the south of Ireland."
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-10-21),william10 (04-10-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,905 Posts

Godbotherers and politics should be mutually exclusive - The End ... or is that Amen?
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-10-21),william10 (04-10-21),wotnot (05-10-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Godbotherers and politics should be mutually exclusive - The End ... or is that Amen?
    Their decisions should be. So, no muslims, christians, hindus, bhudists, or ANY belief of a religious nature.....greenies?

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-10-21)

Premium Member

Thanks

Reminds me of the email i received

If you had to choose from the following as a world leader which one would you choose
    1. Conspired with criminals whilst in office, drank to excess and was a womanizer
    2, Drank a quart of whiskey a night, did not get out of bed until 12.00 noon Had been kicked out of politics twice, was a depressant
    3. Was a vegetarian, non drinker and lived a clean life

Some may know the answer, others may be able to work it out from the clues!
    No answers so you forfeit the $10,000 prize money

1. Roosevelt
    2. Churchill
    3. Hitler

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-10-21),lsemmens (04-10-21)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Many of our laws and morals are the product of religion (mainly Christianity) so, if you choose to exclude any of a religious persuasion (including greenies) then we will most likely end up with a situation as has occurred in Africa, PNG, and other "undeveloped" nations in the world. Of course, I should include the Middle East, but they predominantly serve "a god". Sadly, there are many things done, "in the name of God" that God has no part in. The tenets of many world religions do not include indoctrination by force but that does not prevent some of their adherents from doing so.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

tristen (04-10-21),wotnot (04-10-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Many of our laws and morals are the product of religion (mainly Christianity) so, if you choose to exclude any of a religious persuasion (including greenies) then we will most likely end up with a situation as has occurred in Africa, PNG, and other "undeveloped" nations in the world. Of course, I should include the Middle East, but they predominantly serve "a god". Sadly, there are many things done, "in the name of God" that God has no part in. The tenets of many world religions do not include indoctrination by force but that does not prevent some of their adherents from doing so.
    Be sure to remember these words if a major fracas breaks out with the CCP, a self proclaimed totally agnostic organization (and on that point, the Taliban should also be taking note =)

Thanks

Wow, this thread got off track pretty quickly!

If the ex-Premier had nothing to hide, why did she resign, rather than stand aside and let the ICAC do its work.

• The Following User Says Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

allover (05-10-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    .....greenies?
    Hell, no.
    Only Atheists need apply
    And I did say “should be” ...

Oh, okay, I shall relent, Only Atheists and Scientlogists
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Wow, this thread got off track pretty quickly!

If the ex-Premier had nothing to hide, why did she resign, rather than stand aside and let the ICAC do its work.
    According to some reports, she was extremely hard-working, putting in long hours at the office.

I think that she was simply fed up and decided that she needed a rest from it all.

It's a pitry that she resigned rather than taking time off, as she was an extremely capable and respected politician and Premier.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    According to some reports, she was extremely hard-working, putting in long hours at the office.

I think that she was simply fed up and decided that she needed a rest from it all.

It's a pitry that she resigned rather than taking time off, as she was an extremely capable and respected politician and Premier.
    New relationship and decided she did not need this shyte.

Proven not guilty down the track, don't care.
    Just a happy life without the stress.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-10-21)

Premium Member

Thanks

I find it hard to fathom out what the problem is
    Example
    You write the road rules you should know what the penalties are for breaking the rules (Liberals established ICAC which they are to be commended for whilst Gladys was in office)
    You are driving down the road doing 100 kph, knowingly you are in a 60 kph zone
    The police stop you and forfeit your license
    End of game
    She knows she broke the rules and retired (with her pensions and entitlements in tact, which i would have done if in the same circumstances)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I find it hard to fathom out what the problem is
    Example
    You write the road rules you should know what the penalties are for breaking the rules (Liberals established ICAC which they are to be commended for whilst Gladys was in office)
    You are driving down the road doing 100 kph, knowingly you are in a 60 kph zone
    The police stop you and forfeit your license
    End of game
    She knows she broke the rules and retired (with her pensions and entitlements in tact, which i would have done if in the same circumstances)
    It's hard to fathom why ICAC did this....unless of course it's politically motivated....the two other premiers forced to resign were found innocent..both Liberals no less. Funny about that.
    I am really only aware of a Labor minister forced out by ICAC, and later found guilty in an actual court. If you can't win an election, get rid of the opposition seems the most likely reason to me. I never thought I'd agree with Stephen Conroy, but in his view, ICACs are unjust and shouldn't exist. In the NT, the ICAC itself is/was under investigation for corruption.

They could have waited as they did for Neville Wran, but I guess one law for the ALP....

Oh, 100 in a 60 zone is a bit of a stretch don't you think? You KNOW that wasn't the point....

'My resignation as premier could not happen at a worse time, but the timing is completely outside of my control as the ICAC has chosen to take this action during the most challenging weeks of the most challenging times in the history of NSW, she said.

'That is the ICAC's prerogative. Resigning at this time is against every instinct in my being and something which I do not want to do, I love my job, and serving the community, but I have been given no option following the statement issued.'

'To continue as premier would disrupt the state government during a time when our entire attention should be focused on the challenges confronting NSW.

'I do not want to be a distraction from what should be the focus of the state government during this pandemic, which is the well-being of our citizens.'

Had ICAC waited until all this was over, Ms Berejiklian may have been able to stand aside temporarily until she cleared her name, as Neville Wran did for 74 days in 1983.

Instead, she becomes the third NSW Liberal premier ICAC has brought down after Nick Greiner in 1992 and Barry O’Farrell in 2014 - neither of who were found to have engaged in corrupt activity

Not only has NSW lost an effective leader who led her state through the worst of times, the state will be all the more poorer as she resigns from parliament entirely.

Should Ms Berejiklian be exonerated, this will be a profound injustice not just to her, but to the 8.17million people she served for almost five years as premier.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-10-21),lsemmens (05-10-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

As expected the religious sect follower has defeated Stokes.

I wonder how long he will last?
    The task of being Premier for a young politician while carrying 6 kids in his arms can not be an easy one.

His praise for Trump has me worried but I am probably alone here with that one.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 05-10-21 at 11:06 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    As expected the religious sect follower has defeated Stokes.

I wonder how long he will last?
    The task of being Premier for a young politician while carrying 6 kids in his arms can not be an easy one.

His praise for Trump has me worried but I am probably alone here with that one.
    You're not alone. I can't stand Trump. I also can't stand your praise for forgetful Joe....NONE of this bodes well to me.

From what I've seen of Parrot in the past, I too am doubtful he's got what it takes....I too have 6 kids, I can't hold that against him....it WILL be hard.

Barilaro was always a crock. I think he's taken 2 sabbaticals in the past to dodge the heat for something stupid he's said.

Premium Member

Thanks

Oh, 100 in a 60 zone is a bit of a stretch don't you think? You KNOW that wasn't the point....

I am sitting here board because of Covid lock down, so i will bite!! I know i should ignore it but now you are a mind reader, please enlighten me, what was i meaning

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast