Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: Another Pollie bites the dust

  1. #21
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,575
    Thanks
    1,862
    Thanked 1,998 Times in 998 Posts
    Rep Power
    895
    Reputation
    30348

    Default

    Porkbarrelano is gone, another may follow pretty soon!!!!
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"



  • #22
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    68
    Posts
    16,265
    Thanks
    15,292
    Thanked 29,630 Times in 7,918 Posts
    Rep Power
    11470
    Reputation
    537809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    Porkbarrelano is gone, another may follow pretty soon!!!!
    The man is a fool. Every time I saw him on tv he said the most stupid things.....has he quit parliament, or just quit as deputy?

    I'm not really surprised. NSW is a bit of a basket case, I guess like Victoria would be without Daniel "it wasn't me" Andrews. The Prime Minister no less, reportedly once described Perrotet (sp?) as a f*ckwit.

    Without Gladys holding the string bag together it's pretty porous.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (05-10-21)

  • #23
    Senior Member
    Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Posts
    5,907
    Thanks
    2,090
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 2,294 Posts
    Rep Power
    1848
    Reputation
    74058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    The man is a fool. Every time I saw him on tv he said the most stupid things.....has he quit parliament, or just quit as deputy?

    I'm not really surprised. NSW is a bit of a basket case, I guess like Victoria would be without Daniel "it wasn't me" Andrews. The Prime Minister no less, reportedly once described Perrotet (sp?) as a f*ckwit.

    Without Gladys holding the string bag together it's pretty porous.
    After reading this (yes I know ABC link but the info can be researched) it looks like we will be ruled by an extreme rightwing religious nutter who adores Trump and will be so busy handling his 6 children that he will just have to ignore what he doesn't want to see elsewhere:



    The Opus Dei sect has been tied to secretive dealings, along with aggressive recruitment methods and accusations of elitism and misogyny.
    More about Opus Dei:


    Anyhow Anti-vaxers can rejoice as it seems likely he will lift all restrictions for workplaces and schools ASAP and human induced climate change deniers will also be pleased.

    I am quite sure he will have a lot of followers and be very successful and be remembered as the man who brought 'freedom' back to NSW.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 04-10-21 at 11:07 AM.
    I am an arrogant, irritating RSole.

  • #24
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,575
    Thanks
    1,862
    Thanked 1,998 Times in 998 Posts
    Rep Power
    895
    Reputation
    30348

    Default

    Reminds me of the email i received

    If you had to choose from the following as a world leader which one would you choose
    1. Conspired with criminals whilst in office, drank to excess and was a womanizer
    2, Drank a quart of whiskey a night, did not get out of bed until 12.00 noon Had been kicked out of politics twice, was a depressant
    3. Was a vegetarian, non drinker and lived a clean life

    Some may know the answer, others may be able to work it out from the clues!
    Last edited by allover; 04-10-21 at 02:25 PM.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

  • #25
    Member
    madtech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Out of the city
    Posts
    351
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 366 Times in 140 Posts
    Rep Power
    319
    Reputation
    6810

    Default

    As my elderly neighbour used to say, All politicians have their place, but for most it hasn't been dug yet

  • The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to madtech For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (05-10-21),enf (04-10-21),william10 (04-10-21),wotnot (04-10-21)

  • #26
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    68
    Posts
    16,265
    Thanks
    15,292
    Thanked 29,630 Times in 7,918 Posts
    Rep Power
    11470
    Reputation
    537809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madtech View Post
    As my elderly neighbour used to say, All politicians have their place, but for most it hasn't been dug yet
    As I posted somewhere else, the late comedian Dave Allen...

    "I have a soft spot for politicians. It's a bog in the south of Ireland."
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (05-10-21),william10 (04-10-21)

  • #27
    Premium Member
    Al Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tazzie
    Posts
    3,857
    Thanks
    1,712
    Thanked 4,268 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Rep Power
    1786
    Reputation
    74350

    Default

    Godbotherers and politics should be mutually exclusive - The End ... or is that Amen?
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

  • The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (05-10-21),william10 (04-10-21),wotnot (05-10-21)

  • #28
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    68
    Posts
    16,265
    Thanks
    15,292
    Thanked 29,630 Times in 7,918 Posts
    Rep Power
    11470
    Reputation
    537809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Godbotherers and politics should be mutually exclusive - The End ... or is that Amen?
    Their decisions should be. So, no muslims, christians, hindus, bhudists, or ANY belief of a religious nature.....greenies?
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (05-10-21)

  • #29
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,575
    Thanks
    1,862
    Thanked 1,998 Times in 998 Posts
    Rep Power
    895
    Reputation
    30348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    Reminds me of the email i received

    If you had to choose from the following as a world leader which one would you choose
    1. Conspired with criminals whilst in office, drank to excess and was a womanizer
    2, Drank a quart of whiskey a night, did not get out of bed until 12.00 noon Had been kicked out of politics twice, was a depressant
    3. Was a vegetarian, non drinker and lived a clean life

    Some may know the answer, others may be able to work it out from the clues!
    No answers so you forfeit the $10,000 prize money

    1. Roosevelt
    2. Churchill
    3. Hitler
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (05-10-21),lsemmens (04-10-21)

  • #30
    LSemmens
    lsemmens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rural South OZ
    Posts
    9,780
    Thanks
    11,237
    Thanked 6,583 Times in 3,064 Posts
    Rep Power
    2907
    Reputation
    122920

    Default

    Many of our laws and morals are the product of religion (mainly Christianity) so, if you choose to exclude any of a religious persuasion (including greenies) then we will most likely end up with a situation as has occurred in Africa, PNG, and other "undeveloped" nations in the world. Of course, I should include the Middle East, but they predominantly serve "a god". Sadly, there are many things done, "in the name of God" that God has no part in. The tenets of many world religions do not include indoctrination by force but that does not prevent some of their adherents from doing so.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

    tristen (04-10-21),wotnot (04-10-21)

  • #31
    Premium Member
    wotnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,919
    Thanks
    823
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 919 Posts
    Rep Power
    788
    Reputation
    34930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Many of our laws and morals are the product of religion (mainly Christianity) so, if you choose to exclude any of a religious persuasion (including greenies) then we will most likely end up with a situation as has occurred in Africa, PNG, and other "undeveloped" nations in the world. Of course, I should include the Middle East, but they predominantly serve "a god". Sadly, there are many things done, "in the name of God" that God has no part in. The tenets of many world religions do not include indoctrination by force but that does not prevent some of their adherents from doing so.
    Be sure to remember these words if a major fracas breaks out with the CCP, a self proclaimed totally agnostic organization (and on that point, the Taliban should also be taking note =)

  • #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern Rivers NSW
    Posts
    633
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 121 Times in 74 Posts
    Rep Power
    231
    Reputation
    1930

    Default

    Wow, this thread got off track pretty quickly!

    If the ex-Premier had nothing to hide, why did she resign, rather than stand aside and let the ICAC do its work.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

    allover (05-10-21)

  • #33
    Premium Member
    Al Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tazzie
    Posts
    3,857
    Thanks
    1,712
    Thanked 4,268 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Rep Power
    1786
    Reputation
    74350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    .....greenies?
    Hell, no.
    Only Atheists need apply
    And I did say “should be” ...

    Oh, okay, I shall relent, Only Atheists and Scientlogists
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

  • #34
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,308
    Thanks
    5,960
    Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,767 Posts
    Rep Power
    1321
    Reputation
    50312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Wow, this thread got off track pretty quickly!

    If the ex-Premier had nothing to hide, why did she resign, rather than stand aside and let the ICAC do its work.
    According to some reports, she was extremely hard-working, putting in long hours at the office.

    I think that she was simply fed up and decided that she needed a rest from it all.

    It's a pitry that she resigned rather than taking time off, as she was an extremely capable and respected politician and Premier.

  • #35
    Senior Member
    Reschs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Outside a few schooners
    Posts
    2,864
    Thanks
    745
    Thanked 1,854 Times in 916 Posts
    Rep Power
    782
    Reputation
    27378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    According to some reports, she was extremely hard-working, putting in long hours at the office.

    I think that she was simply fed up and decided that she needed a rest from it all.

    It's a pitry that she resigned rather than taking time off, as she was an extremely capable and respected politician and Premier.
    New relationship and decided she did not need this shyte.

    Proven not guilty down the track, don't care.
    Just a happy life without the stress.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (05-10-21)

  • #36
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,575
    Thanks
    1,862
    Thanked 1,998 Times in 998 Posts
    Rep Power
    895
    Reputation
    30348

    Default

    I find it hard to fathom out what the problem is
    Example
    You write the road rules you should know what the penalties are for breaking the rules (Liberals established ICAC which they are to be commended for whilst Gladys was in office)
    You are driving down the road doing 100 kph, knowingly you are in a 60 kph zone
    The police stop you and forfeit your license
    End of game
    She knows she broke the rules and retired (with her pensions and entitlements in tact, which i would have done if in the same circumstances)
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

  • #37
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    68
    Posts
    16,265
    Thanks
    15,292
    Thanked 29,630 Times in 7,918 Posts
    Rep Power
    11470
    Reputation
    537809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    I find it hard to fathom out what the problem is
    Example
    You write the road rules you should know what the penalties are for breaking the rules (Liberals established ICAC which they are to be commended for whilst Gladys was in office)
    You are driving down the road doing 100 kph, knowingly you are in a 60 kph zone
    The police stop you and forfeit your license
    End of game
    She knows she broke the rules and retired (with her pensions and entitlements in tact, which i would have done if in the same circumstances)
    It's hard to fathom why ICAC did this....unless of course it's politically motivated....the two other premiers forced to resign were found innocent..both Liberals no less. Funny about that.
    I am really only aware of a Labor minister forced out by ICAC, and later found guilty in an actual court. If you can't win an election, get rid of the opposition seems the most likely reason to me. I never thought I'd agree with Stephen Conroy, but in his view, ICACs are unjust and shouldn't exist. In the NT, the ICAC itself is/was under investigation for corruption.

    They could have waited as they did for Neville Wran, but I guess one law for the ALP....

    Oh, 100 in a 60 zone is a bit of a stretch don't you think? You KNOW that wasn't the point....

    'My resignation as premier could not happen at a worse time, but the timing is completely outside of my control as the ICAC has chosen to take this action during the most challenging weeks of the most challenging times in the history of NSW, she said.

    'That is the ICAC's prerogative. Resigning at this time is against every instinct in my being and something which I do not want to do, I love my job, and serving the community, but I have been given no option following the statement issued.'

    'To continue as premier would disrupt the state government during a time when our entire attention should be focused on the challenges confronting NSW.

    'I do not want to be a distraction from what should be the focus of the state government during this pandemic, which is the well-being of our citizens.'

    Had ICAC waited until all this was over, Ms Berejiklian may have been able to stand aside temporarily until she cleared her name, as Neville Wran did for 74 days in 1983.

    Instead, she becomes the third NSW Liberal premier ICAC has brought down after Nick Greiner in 1992 and Barry O’Farrell in 2014 - neither of who were found to have engaged in corrupt activity

    Not only has NSW lost an effective leader who led her state through the worst of times, the state will be all the more poorer as she resigns from parliament entirely.

    Should Ms Berejiklian be exonerated, this will be a profound injustice not just to her, but to the 8.17million people she served for almost five years as premier.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (05-10-21),lsemmens (05-10-21)

  • #38
    Senior Member
    Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Posts
    5,907
    Thanks
    2,090
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 2,294 Posts
    Rep Power
    1848
    Reputation
    74058

    Default

    As expected the religious sect follower has defeated Stokes.

    I wonder how long he will last?
    The task of being Premier for a young politician while carrying 6 kids in his arms can not be an easy one.

    His praise for Trump has me worried but I am probably alone here with that one.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 05-10-21 at 11:06 AM.
    I am an arrogant, irritating RSole.

  • #39
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    68
    Posts
    16,265
    Thanks
    15,292
    Thanked 29,630 Times in 7,918 Posts
    Rep Power
    11470
    Reputation
    537809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    As expected the religious sect follower has defeated Stokes.

    I wonder how long he will last?
    The task of being Premier for a young politician while carrying 6 kids in his arms can not be an easy one.

    His praise for Trump has me worried but I am probably alone here with that one.
    You're not alone. I can't stand Trump. I also can't stand your praise for forgetful Joe....NONE of this bodes well to me.

    From what I've seen of Parrot in the past, I too am doubtful he's got what it takes....I too have 6 kids, I can't hold that against him....it WILL be hard.

    Barilaro was always a crock. I think he's taken 2 sabbaticals in the past to dodge the heat for something stupid he's said.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • #40
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,575
    Thanks
    1,862
    Thanked 1,998 Times in 998 Posts
    Rep Power
    895
    Reputation
    30348

    Default

    Oh, 100 in a 60 zone is a bit of a stretch don't you think? You KNOW that wasn't the point....


    I am sitting here board because of Covid lock down, so i will bite!! I know i should ignore it but now you are a mind reader, please enlighten me, what was i meaning
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •