Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The "How" would I help, delema?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,096 Times in 9,097 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ah-Those-Old-Days! View Post
    Hahaha.... I didn't know that 'whingepool' was like that, but I have personal experiences with a certain 'eeeevbloggg' forum, where there are a couple of proverbial
    "Knights in Shining Armour". Anyway, as the 'Instigator' of this thread/post, I don't mind that it has deviated a tad, as that's the essence of real life!!

And so in reply to your above Anecdotes, and in possibly the same league, you made me remember THIS from my past, when playing 'Major-A' league Darts!!____
    I 'Aimed' to MISS!! My logic was that, say I was aiming at Double-19, there was a 'greater' chance that I would miss it, and go slightly above or below. So I would
    aim slightly above the wire, knowing again!, that there was a greater chance I would miss where I was aiming, so there might be a say 45% chance of it going even
    higher, or a 45% chance of it going slightly lower! & getting what I want!! Seems ill-logical, but it seemed to work for my brain!! hahaha....
    Aaah...I played A level darts until fairly recently ...my philosophy was "Don't and up on Double 19, and if you do, it's the same size as all the others. Well, except the bull."
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Ah-Those-Old-Days! (09-11-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

When it comes to my dart skills, if I aim at the BOARD I will miss it !

Next time I will think of that when I fall, although I can't remember the last time I fell, which is also something to think about.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Ah-Those-Old-Days! (09-11-21)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

Did it work???
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Unfortunately I forgot.
    Maybe I might become lucid one day.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (13-10-21),lsemmens (13-10-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Sounds like some mates I had here for a weekend.
    I handed them the .22 and told them to enjoy themselves on the target hanging up in a tree 100m away.
    Both of them put 10 rounds down range and not one of them hit the 15cm metal target.
    Cracked me up. They said the rifle needed sighting.

OK, so I put on bullet down range and >ping<. "Hmm, lucky shot"
    bang - ping - reload, bang - ping - reload, bang - ping - reload, bang - ping - reload.
    "Yep, I think you guys are right, it's 5mm out to the left"

I told them I'd give them the shotgun and left them get 80m closer, but who knows what they'd hit.

And my mate with the sweet rifle, we was out hunting bunnies on the side of a steep hill. There was one 100m above us and I had Z's in the magazine.
    He had a go at me saying there was no way I was going to hit the rabbit with such a ridiculous shot. All it would do was scare the bunny.
    I took the shot and the rabbit vanished. And I got a serving for it. I suggested we take that high ground I had just fought for and pick them off from up there.
    When we got up there who was wait for us but a bunny with a hole in his head that looked like an Olympic shooter had put it there.
    You know that silence your mates do when anything they say is going to make them look stupid.... I had to break it...
    <sherlock holmes impersonation> "Ah my dear Watson, clearly we have a victim of fowl play here and the murderer has fled the scene. However will we solve this most dastardly of crimes?"

"100m up hill Z head shot. This is clearly some kind of black magic."

Back on the main subject, I was sharing a thought with Bill Burr last night.
    The problem with covid is that it just hasn't killed enough people. Fvck it, it might be selfish of me, but I get the feeling things would be a lot better if it had a fatality rate of 20%.
    Shit would be a lot better around here

So while you lot are thinking how nice it would be to spend money on doing good shit, I'm thinking I could spend my money like a Bond Supervillain.
    Maybe start a take away food chain with some secret herbs and spices one of which is Nicotine, Thalidomide or almond milk. It would take them decades to catch up with my fvcktardery.

But then I might also consider letting a gene drive loose on the human population. Something that slowly turns humans into gingers. 1000 years from now people are going to be slapping each other as a greeting because of me.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    When it comes to my dart skills, if I aim at the BOARD I will miss it !

Next time I will think of that when I fall, although I can't remember the last time I fell, which is also something to think about.
    The trouble is, you are thinking about thinking. Nothing good can come of that!!!, certainly not in the past tense. 'Thoughts' produce
    questioning, when observing our surroundings!!! To *further* quote Douglas Adams, "Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy"...

He thought that to alleviate 'fear' of what may be in front of you, he invented "Peril Sensitive Sunglasses". The 'premise' being that if
    there is something so horrible a sight in front of you, then they would detect that, and go instantly pitch black so you can't see it!!!
    However, he failed to 'factor-in' the point of being on the receiving end, and seeing everything go black, that this would 'only' cause
    you *more* fear, as you now have no idea what utter dread is now before you!!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Ah-Those-Old-Days! For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (11-11-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ah-Those-Old-Days! View Post
    The trouble is, you are thinking about thinking. Nothing good can come of that!!!, certainly not in the past tense. 'Thoughts' produce questioning, when observing our surroundings!!! To *further* quote Douglas Adams, "Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy"...

He thought that to alleviate 'fear' of what may be in front of you, he invented "Peril Sensitive Sunglasses". The 'premise' being that if
    there is something so horrible a sight in front of you, then they would detect that, and go instantly pitch black so you can't see it!!!
    However, he failed to 'factor-in' the point of being on the receiving end, and seeing everything go black, that this would 'only' cause
    you *more* fear, as you now have no idea what utter dread is now before you!!!
    Indeed

I always question my surroundings.

But thinking about thinking does not mean I am trying to run away from fear, rather I am experiencing and facing it in my mind.
    This may be a bad thing and create paranoia for SOME but for OTHERS it could be a simulation of a future real life experience where you might find a solution in advance.

I am both SOME and OTHERS.

Q1 - Did I fall but I forgot because of Q2 ?
    Q2 - Am I experiencing an onset of dementia ?
    Q3 - Did I fall and miss so I didn't actually experience falling ?
    Q4 - Does mentioning Douglas Adams unlock crazy thoughts in my head ?

Edit ... which kind of brings us back to your OP where you are thinking about thinking up the consequences about who you want to help.
    <This edit was sponsored by thoughts about what I thought and wrote in this post that could have initially been seen as off-topic>
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 10-11-21 at 11:26 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Ah-Those-Old-Days! (13-11-21)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Yes... that was THE answer, but by then humanity/galaxy had forgotten what the original question was,
    so they built an even better 'Computer' to solve that original one...
    (All Non-H.H.G.T.T.G. conversant people here now thinking... W.T.F.???)

P.S. To Uncle Fester... ALL of what you said !!!! :-)
    Last edited by Ah-Those-Old-Days!; 13-11-21 at 11:39 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Ah-Those-Old-Days! For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (14-11-21)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12