Thread: Hot water meter

Thanks

Default Hot water meter

just replaced hot water service and noticed the house has the old type meter with separate water meter on a timer.

This timer allows for water heater to operate on "controlled load" or night rate as it was called. Night rate between midnight and 7:00 am is cheaper than normal rate.

If u look at the timer it has 2 setable switches 1 front and 1 rear, this allows for "night rate" to be set from Midnight to 7:00pm and the other can be set to BOOST the water temperature if necessary at any time necessary for example 3:00pm to 4:00pm in the afternoon to make sure water is always hot.

I would like to do this but dont know which timer front or back is for the NIGHTRATE and which one is for the BOOST period

If u look at the timer closely the timers are set almost the same so both will be switching on together at night

Any older electricians out there would know, I haven't been able to find a picture of one

thanks
    Last edited by RedXT; 14-10-21 at 08:49 AM.

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Not a sparky, but I"D suggest that the front one is for BOOST and should operate irrespective of the time. i.e. it overrides the timer. Just remember to turn it off when the water is hot.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

gulliver (14-10-21),RedXT (14-10-21)