Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firmware upgrade on Bosch B426-M

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    I updated mine with firmware v3.10 is is working ok. What version firmware did you use?
    I think there has been a mix of 3.10 and 3.11 firmware.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    I updated mine with firmware v3.10 is is working ok. What version firmware did you use?
    I can't remember which version I used, I will need to check my downloads folder when I get home.
    With the updated firmware do you get a http address or a https address? I am still getting a http and the password gets sent in clear text when I watch in wireshark and I am not smart enough to understand the response from the card.

Thanks

Can only connect to the panel when I use https.

Thanks

Default Connect to RSC+ using a VPN

Quote Originally Posted by JonAnon View Post
    My B426-m is still as it was, loading the login page but not responding after the password is loaded. I have tried the default password and also tried changing the password via the panel but still no good.
    If there was some way of directly reflashing the board with firmware it would probably come good but from what I can see the only way is via a browser connection and that is where the issue is.
    I have resigned myself to the fact that I need to buy a new card if I want to keep the access via the RSC app.
    Had the same issue and bricked my B426-M by using the wrong firmware update. My fault entirely as the firmware states NOT compatible with B426-M (I incorrectly assumed I had the B426) Can report now though that with the card replaced I can connect again via RSC+ app. There is a trick though if you have trouble connecting outside your local network. If you are on Telstra mobile you are forced to connect via IPv6 which is not compatible with the B426-M at the moment - Bosch did reply that they are currently working on a solution. But for now, I am able to connect externally by using a VPN service. Hope this helps!

Thanks

Exclamation Check the setting and make sure disable is selected

well, recently i could PING the device and direct connection dla but both local ip connection and cloud connection would not work at all. same problems as described on here. I reset the panel and i did all the suggestions on here and no luck.

I have stock of the panel and 426 modeules so i swapped the module. .. guess what.... same. no access via cloud or direct ip network.

I decided to check some settings and i found a discrepancy.... my setting was set to "enable" and it should be set to disable.

Direct connect to the panel with Alink plus....

scroll down to where the settings for the b426 are, under Network Module Programming

Module 1#
    Basic Network Settings

Parameter Name Parameter Value
    TCP Connections enable Disable

as soon as i chsnged i could access via ip abd cloud.

• 17-04-22, 12:50 PM

Reason
    Duplicate post

Thanks

I also had the issue of not being able to login to the B426-M after upgrading the firmware to v3.11.

Turns out v.3.11 is only for b426 not b426-M. I incorrectly assumed it was a b426 due to the product labels, packaging and even the info on the web interface... It will no longer communicate and get the configuration from the alarm panel (Sol 3000). Module is now bricked.

v3.10 is the correct version for the b426-m. From firmware v3.09 onwards the default password of B42V2 no longer works in order to comply with the California Security of Connected Devices Act.

You now need a "unique passcode" to login. On newly purchased modules there is a sticker with this code. If you have an old b426 upgraded to b426-m you will not have this code, and Bosch will not issue one...

If I had this unique passcode, I could flash the module back down to v3.10 and get it working again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BradNZ View Post
    I also had the issue of not being able to login to the B426-M after upgrading the firmware to v3.11.

Turns out v.3.11 is only for b426 not b426-M. I incorrectly assumed it was a b426 due to the product labels, packaging and even the info on the web interface... It will no longer communicate and get the configuration from the alarm panel (Sol 3000). Module is now bricked.

v3.10 is the correct version for the b426-m. From firmware v3.09 onwards the default password of B42V2 no longer works in order to comply with the California Security of Connected Devices Act.

You now need a "unique passcode" to login. On newly purchased modules there is a sticker with this code. If you have an old b426 upgraded to b426-m you will not have this code, and Bosch will not issue one...

If I had this unique passcode, I could flash the module back down to v3.10 and get it working again
    Did you try the default password to confirm it would not work?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    Did you try the default password to confirm it would not work?
    Yes, but as of firmware v3.09 the default password no longer exists. You must use the "unique passcode" that is on a sticker on new modules. Older modules to not have this sticker and Bosch cannot generate one for older modules. Rendering the module useless now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BradNZ View Post
    Yes, but as of firmware v3.09 the default password no longer exists. You must use the "unique passcode" that is on a sticker on new modules. Older modules to not have this sticker and Bosch cannot generate one for older modules. Rendering the module useless now.
    I had exactly the same experience last year but even worse, it was Bosch who emailed me directly with a new firmware! They then refused to help once it was bricked (same deal, port 80 only and the password isn't accepted).

Had to order a new board and that works fine. I really want to set this up with Homebridge to Apple Home but I got to the point where I can attempt to connect on port 7700 but the certificates on the card have expired in April 2022! So, now I need a firmware update... ? haha!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spikey View Post
    I had exactly the same experience last year but even worse, it was Bosch who emailed me directly with a new firmware! They then refused to help once it was bricked (same deal, port 80 only and the password isn't accepted).

Had to order a new board and that works fine. I really want to set this up with Homebridge to Apple Home but I got to the point where I can attempt to connect on port 7700 but the certificates on the card have expired in April 2022! So, now I need a firmware update... ? haha!
    Hmm, that expired SSL cert is probably why I can no longer connect via "Network Connect (TCP/IP SSL). I just get an SSL errror. "Network Connect (Cloud)" still works fine.

I have a few sites with no internet access and it is a real pain in the ass! Bosch have been looking into it with no luck!

Thanks

Default Warning on Bricking Bosch Alarm components

Quote Originally Posted by JonAnon View Post
    My B426-m is still as it was, loading the login page but not responding after the password is loaded. I have tried the default password and also tried changing the password via the panel but still no good.
    If there was some way of directly reflashing the board with firmware it would probably come good but from what I can see the only way is via a browser connection and that is where the issue is.
    I have resigned myself to the fact that I need to buy a new card if I want to keep the access via the RSC app.
    I realise this is an old thread, but just to try and save others...
    I am an alarm tech of 25+ years experience.

Never plug any Bosch add-on module into any Bosch alarm until you have FIRSTLY updated the firmware of the panel to the minimum version required by the module.
    It usually states on the module what panel firmware version is required. If you plug ut in, and power it up, it's too late.
    Likewise, only use the firmware for the exact variant of the product you have.

If you don't do this, you will BRICK your add-on module, and it usually cannot be recovered.

You cannot update panel firmware with anything but the factory tool.
    Solution 6000 tools is different to the 2000/3000 tool.

I hope this saves someone from later heartache.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12