Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firmware upgrade on Bosch B426-M

Thanks

Default Firmware upgrade on Bosch B426-M

I have upgraded the firmware on my B426-M module as advised by the Bosch PSIRT site to fix some security vulnerabilities and since then I can't log into it over ethernet or the cloud. Bosch support have said I need to connect to it via A-Link Plus to restore ethernet connectivity.
    Has anyone one else succesfully upgraded their firmware and did you need the DLA adaptor to do a direct connection via the A-Link software? I would like to confirm this correct before I buy the adaptor.

Thanks, Jon

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I haven't done it,
    But what firmware are you using on the alarm panel? Is it the 2000 or 3000 panel?

Also did you try powering down panel and power back up to reboot it?
    Last edited by secure; 19-10-21 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks

It a 2000 panel running 2.0 firmware. Rebooting the panel made no difference.
    It is so frustrating because it displays the logon page when I go to the ip address and the A-Link software sees it on the network, plus the panel can see the card. I just can't login.

I am half tempted to default the panel but I think that is grasping at straws.

Thanks

Can you still connect to it using Bosch RSC+ app?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    Can you still connect to it using Bosch RSC+ app?
    No, that has stopped as well.
    "Unable to connect to specified panel"

Thanks

Default Panel Update?

Version 2.0 for the alarm panel seems to be the latest but does your Alarm Panel potentially need a firmware update? If your B426-M board isn't working, I'd assume you can't update over internet and you'd need a DLA cable anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theunofficialyvonne View Post
    Version 2.0 for the alarm panel seems to be the latest but does your Alarm Panel potentially need a firmware update? If your B426-M board isn't working, I'd assume you can't update over internet and you'd need a DLA cable anyway.
    I doubt it is a panel firmware issue as none of the updates notes from Bosch indicate it. But notes can be wrong.

Thanks

Update, I give up. Everything I try still results in me getting to the B426-m login page but can't login.
    I have purchased a DLA module and can talk to the main motherboard with that, tried resetting the password for the B426-m but no good.
    I have defaulted the panel and programmed it from scratch, still can't login via ethernet to the B426-m.
    Tried direct connection to the B426-m from my laptop, still can't login.

Looks like I need a new B426-m.

Thanks

Would the B426-M be still under warranty?

Do you know the IP address of the module and can go to the Login page?
    Default password is B42V2

Have you looked at the B426 Installation and Operation Guide? Might be able to troubleshoot it from the LED status on the board.
    Last edited by secure; 10-11-21 at 02:22 AM.

Thanks

Would the B426-M be still under warranty?

Do you know the IP address of the module and can go to the Login page?
    Default password is B42V2

Have you looked at the B426 Installation and Operation Guide? Might be able to troubleshoot it from the LED status on the board.
    I know the ip address, it responds to PING and gives me the login page, just doesn't allow login.
    Doesn't accept the default password or the one I changed it to via the panel. It was working fine till the firmware update to fix security issues, I guess it is now super secure!

Thanks

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by JonAnon View Post
    I have upgraded the firmware on my B426-M module as advised by the Bosch PSIRT site to fix some security vulnerabilities and since then I can't log into it over ethernet or the cloud. Bosch support have said I need to connect to it via A-Link Plus to restore ethernet connectivity.
    Has anyone one else succesfully upgraded their firmware and did you need the DLA adaptor to do a direct connection via the A-Link software? I would like to confirm this correct before I buy the adaptor.

Thanks, Jon
    Happened to me last year with a previous version of the firmware. Then the place I bought the ethernet module helped to swap it with a different module (non upgraded panel) and has been working fine. Then few months ago logging into RSC+ app stopped working from outside the local network (yeah I checked my port forwarding and they are all working as expected and I did not change anything on this as well, I can login to app from local but not from internet). So I decided to upgrade firmware of the panel to B426_3.11.504 version and is same result. Unable to login to the panel nor it can be activated for cloud access. If you manage to resolve, please drop a reply as well...

Thanks
    Last edited by nsuinteger; 20-11-21 at 06:55 PM.

Thanks

The reason the RSC+ doesn't work at the moment is due to a issue with Telstra modems or Telstra mobile network. To do with telstra going to IPv6 addressing which the Bosch IP module doesn't support.

I assume you have a telstra modem for internet or mobile on telstra network?

My advice is only the installer should update firmware. At least then it's the installers problem to get it back working.
    Sometimes firmware is region specific. Had jobs before where clients have bricked CCTV or alarm equipment.

Thanks

Have you tried contacting the below regarding firmware issue?

Please contact the Bosch PSIRT if you have feedback, comments, or additional information about this vulnerability at: psirt@bosch.com

Thanks

The reason the RSC+ doesn't work at the moment is due to a issue with Telstra modems or Telstra mobile network. To do with telstra going to IPv6 addressing which the Bosch IP module doesn't support.

I assume you have a telstra modem for internet or mobile on telstra network?

My advice is only the installer should update firmware. At least then it's the installers problem to get it back working.
    Sometimes firmware is region specific. Had jobs before where clients have bricked CCTV or alarm equipment.
    My issue is not restricted to the RSC+ access, I can't login via a wired connection on my home network, I cant even get in when directly connected and using the default IP address. It responds to PING, gives me the login page but does not react when a password is entered.

As for the Telstra modem issues, there was/is an issue with the Technicolour modems that if the external IP address changed remote access could be lost because the RSC server in the cloud would look for the module at the old IP address. This could be fixed by rebooting the modem which caused the B426-M module to reestablish a connection to the RSC server and the IP address was refreshed. The latest version firmware for the modem fixed this issue.

And I installed the alarm originally.

Thanks

Have you tried contacting the below regarding firmware issue?

Please contact the Bosch PSIRT if you have feedback, comments, or additional information about this vulnerability at: psirt@bosch.com
    I checked with them before upgrading the firmware and again when it did not work and while they confirmed the firmware update should be applied to fix the security issue, their suggestion when I ran into the issue was use the DLA module and beyond that contact a licensed security tech.
    I originally did have the direct details of one of the support people from when I was beta testing modem firmware for Telstra but I can't find them anymore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JonAnon View Post
    My issue is not restricted to the RSC+ access, I can't login via a wired connection on my home network, I cant even get in when directly connected and using the default IP address. It responds to PING, gives me the login page but does not react when a password is entered.

As for the Telstra modem issues, there was/is an issue with the Technicolour modems that if the external IP address changed remote access could be lost because the RSC server in the cloud would look for the module at the old IP address. This could be fixed by rebooting the modem which caused the B426-M module to reestablish a connection to the RSC server and the IP address was refreshed. The latest version firmware for the modem fixed this issue.

And I installed the alarm originally.
    I have had one do a similar thing and dug up some info that when you reboot the B426-M they go into a mode where they assign DHCP after a default if the mode jumper is still on, so you can direct connect, possibly only after a default but they do take for ever to load the webserver / GUI. I find a re-boot always gets me back when i can see it on the network or a "ipconfig /flushdns" at good old cmd prompt has saved a reboot in the past.

Also if the password has been changed they can do weird stuff and lock you out as i know the keystrokes well for my goto PW and can only assume the GUI is so poorly written that it missed a keystroke or just muffles it. A Default may be your only option...

I try to change as little as possible as anything off the default path tends to have dire consequences with this module..

Thanks

I asked my Bosch supplier about updates for the IP module. Said they where not aware of any being required.

This could also be firmware for a different region in the world, which would apply to Aust.

Thanks

My B426-m is still as it was, loading the login page but not responding after the password is loaded. I have tried the default password and also tried changing the password via the panel but still no good.
    If there was some way of directly reflashing the board with firmware it would probably come good but from what I can see the only way is via a browser connection and that is where the issue is.
    I have resigned myself to the fact that I need to buy a new card if I want to keep the access via the RSC app.

Thanks

I updated mine with firmware v3.10 is is working ok. What version firmware did you use?

Thanks

I asked my Bosch supplier about updates for the IP module. Said they where not aware of any being required.

This could also be firmware for a different region in the world, which would apply to Aust.
    Should of say "Which would not apply to Aust"

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast