Thread: New Westinghouse Gas oven

Thanks

Default New Westinghouse Gas oven

Hi All

I have had an LPG oven put in (and stove but that is no issue) after an unfortunate happening between the old Blanco Electric oven and a Border Collie that is too smart for his own good resulting in a smashed glass door.

the new unit is a Westinghouse wvg613sclp, it seems to work and get up to temperature and i can hear it click ant the gas seems to turn off (fire goes out).

During the day I cooked steak and potato bake in it. lower shelf has steak and upper shelf had the potato beak. it was set to 200 and it managed to burn the steak yet the potato beak was not cooked through.
    In the electric oven they would both cook together no issue.

for dinner tonight i cooked a bacon and veggies on the lower shelf, knowing it burned the steak i put it on at 180 rather than 200. this time it was cooked but wasn't crispy.

My understanding is that gas appliances cook a lot faster and are more efficient than the electric units.

Is the oven likely faulty or am i doing something wrong?

both the new and old are fan forced however the old one the door never used to close properly on it since i owned it (not sure how old it is but i intended to replace it eventually anyway due to massive power bills despite having 13.5kw of solar panels.

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Only thing I cook in the oven these days is roasts and mine's electric, so cannot offer any insight.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...