Thread: TCL s615 32” television review

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 835 Posts

Default TCL s615 32” television review

Picked this up one month ago for $340, probably sub $300 now or soon with Christmas coming up.

Had a very old lg tv in the bedroom connected to a modded tivo unit, but the tivo died and I wanted a cheap tv with just one remote to deal with, no boxes or sound bar. Picture quality important but didn’t need top shelf as it’s just the bedroom tv. Resolution is 1366 by 768 which nowadays is lower end, but the picture looks fine. No problems with the sound, fine by me and not tinny cheap like some sets.

Plugged it in, did it’s own setup without issue. Internet connection fast and problem free. Found all the stations.

Looked through the apps on the tv, nearly everything I needed was there. Easy to download whatever you want. There are various operating systems on tvs but this is the full android system and that’s what you want. Set up foxtel go, Kodi, Kayo, all the fta apps, quick and simple. Chromecast built in.

Big skinny remote, slipped through my fingers twice in two days so bought a rubber cover for it online for $10.

My wife has got the hang of it in a very short space of time to give you some idea of ease of use! It’s a very logical remote and tv menu setup, no mucking around with android tv boxes or Apple TV box for family members who don’t know what they are doing. Nice and simple.

3 year warranty. Voice control unit optional.

So if you are looking for a second tv that doesn’t need the top end specs for a bedroom, man cave or kids tv you can buy cheaper but for the sake of all its features this is in my opinion well worth the price.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mkhannah For This Useful Post:

Guiseppe (15-11-21),LeroyPatrol (15-11-21)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

I agree, tcl TV's are excellent value.

I have a 55 inch uhd, only problem I've had is aspect ratio on some downloads.

Same files play properly on my lg main TV, but that was 4 X the price.....

usages.kangaroos.sound

Thanks

1 good app in google play store is "Downloader" to sideload apps (no usb stick needed) not found in google app store.

Before you can use it you must download the browser plugin with in the Downloader app.

"browser.aftvnews.com" once installed type "kpfiretv" in the url address bar go to site and save it in favourites and scroll down to Amazon FIre/Android Movies/TV Shows section.

My fav apps are beetv, filmplus, teatv and stremio that needs addons to be installed. There are many more apps to explore :-)

Edit, Forgot to mention to install the adfree version if available.
    Last edited by joezep; 14-11-21 at 11:54 PM.