Thread: Kogan marketplace issue

Thanks

Default Kogan marketplace issue

Hay all

I have purchased an item from kogan marketplace. it is rather expensive in excess of $500. they said it is coming from their Melbourne warehouse. the tracking number that i have been provided nearly two weeks ago is showing as "shipping information received and approved by Australia post" I called australia post up and found out that this means the item has not yet been dispatched from the sender. they also said that the provided tracking number has the location as NSW as the place of origin and the item is coming from target.

I have sent an inquiry through kogan asking for an explanation as to why A. they said it was dispatched when it wasn't and B why they said it was coming from Melbourne when it was not.

unfortunately i am hearing nothing but crickets coming from Kogan support on the matter. additionally there don't seem to be any channels to go down to resolve this and as this was purchased through afterpay i cant even do a charge back.

It feels a little bit like a scam to me.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

I wouldn't be too concerned at this stage.

I had an item recently with the same status "shipping information received and approved by Australia post" which sat at that status for 4 weeks before it showed as scanned at a sorting facility, also in Sydney.

There's a huge backlog of parcels due to the Covid restrictions (now lifted) but also with Christmas mail etc now on top of that.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

eaglem (23-11-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,077 Times in 9,094 Posts

It's just Kogan marketing. They need time to work out what products and procedures annoy you the f*cking most so they can inundate you with a thousand daily f*cking emails that you neither need nor want and that try to get you to want to commit f*cking suicide so you can buy the gun and ammo from them at a reduced price....pant!pant!....

Sorry...couldn't help myself...
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (23-11-21),Landytrack (24-11-21),wotnot (22-11-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

Normally a nsw sending address means its coming from China to ausost depot......

usages.kangaroos.sound

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

eaglem (23-11-21),Landytrack (24-11-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    Normally a nsw sending address means its coming from China to ausost depot......
    I asked auspost if that may be the case but the lady indicated that if it was it would be marked as an international shipment, additionally auspost said it was coming from target bankstown, i called up target bankstown and they didn't know anything about it.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    It's just Kogan marketing. They need time to work out what products and procedures annoy you the f*cking most so they can inundate you with a thousand daily f*cking emails that you neither need nor want and that try to get you to want to commit f*cking suicide so you can buy the gun and ammo from them at a reduced price....pant!pant!....

Sorry...couldn't help myself...
    LoL....you forgot to mention that the gun has a flaw (safety won't engage), and the ammo was light on charge, so much so that a point-blank shot in the head resulted in a flesh wound (treatable with a band-aid =)...and the spam kept on coming, unabated. Kogan routinely grabs the Choice magazine annual shonky award (sometimes more than once in a year), and then there's ..or how about the fact that Kogan is being investigated yet again by the ACCC for fraudulent practices. Even parts of the Kogan T&Cs contradict Australian consumer law...no surprises there.

It's strange (to myself at least) that we supposedly live in the 'information age', and yet, consumers don't even do this much -->

1 star company, and you're seeing why here =)

The postage thing (or when they indicate the item has been 'posted')...that depends a lot on what contract(s) they've drawn up with austpost or whatever courier -- you see this on ebay a *lot* ...things marked as posted, notification from austpost that they've received shipping information, but it takes another week before you see any tracking information. This is usually because the company/whoever has opted for the cheapest postal service available, and it's cheap because the pickup van only visits the seller once a week.

If there's a moral to the story, it's don't buy from Kogan -- they only sell rebranded/rebadged craps out of CN anyhow, one can usually find the same item, for less, on alibaba or ebay...(and because you've bought from overseas, say with ebay marketplace, you'll get a refund one way or another ; Kogan -always- wants the faulty gear returned...guess who pays for that =)

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

eaglem (23-11-21),gulliver (22-11-21),Landytrack (24-11-21),VroomVroom (23-11-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Default Kogan marketplace issue

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    The postage thing (or when they indicate the item has been 'posted')...that depends a lot on what contract(s) they've drawn up with austpost or whatever courier -- you see this on ebay a *lot* ...things marked as posted, notification from austpost that they've received shipping information, but it takes another week before you see any tracking information. This is usually because the company/whoever has opted for the cheapest postal service available, and it's cheap because the pickup van only visits the seller once a week.
    Most of it has to do with the eBay link to the AusPost system, and not necessarily because a cheap service is being used.

I have only sold a handful of items through eBay, but after the item is sold you can purchase your postage through eBay (from AusPost). As soon as you purchase the postage, a tracking number is generated and the item is marked as ‘posted - item received’ - even though all you have done it print a label.

So despite the item not being physically dropped at a PO or collection site for several days, the item is still marked as ‘posted - item received’.

I imagine large sellers (Kogan, etc) use the same systems.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

eaglem (23-11-21),Landytrack (24-11-21),wotnot (23-11-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    Most of it has to do with the eBay link to the AusPost system, and not necessarily because a cheap service is being used.

I have only sold a handful of items through eBay, but after the item is sold you can purchase your postage through eBay (from AusPost). As soon as you purchase the postage, a tracking number is generated and the item is marked as ‘posted - item received’ - even though all you have done it print a label.

So despite the item not being physically dropped at a PO or collection site for several days, the item is still marked as ‘posted - item received’.

I imagine large sellers (Kogan, etc) use the same systems.
    Thats exactly my experience as well , and with stuff coming from OS thier postage systems dont exactly match up with austposts systems. So there are often many discrepancies.
    I buy quite a few car parts from India and dont bother with Austpost , I ask the seller use DHL , it only costs a little bit more and is tracked reliably through thier network. Even through Covid i was only waiting 10 days for shipment from Indian capital cities.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

eaglem (23-11-21),enf (23-11-21),Landytrack (24-11-21),wotnot (23-11-21)