Elsewhere, I had quite a 'debate' about whether current actually flows internally, through a Capacitor... Sigh...
Try as I might, I could not get others to understand what I was trying to say!! They thought I was talking about +ve to -Ve, or in
reverse, -ve to +ve, but i was NOT! They talked about 'ions', and 'chemical structures' etc etc, but never responded to what I was saying!

I 'simply' stated that such circuits/current flows, with what ever nomenclature you would like to label it as, is EXTERNAL to the capacitor!?
It ;flows', (by what ever one determines current to be other than 'electron' flow?), from ONE side of the capacitor, and THROUGH the external
circuit, and BACK to the other side of the capacitor, due to the potential differences... but does NOT flow through the Dielectric?????
I'm of course not talking about 'losses' within such a capacitor, but the fundamentality of what I am saying????

However, they KEPT coming back with, (no ref to what I said), talks about ions and chemistry??? AAARRRGGGHHH....