Thread: Criminal justice - victim blaming

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Criminal justice - victim blaming

Hay i have had the misfortune of coming across a charming personality ex convict online,

he openly admits to committing fraud through an online auction site and in other conversations he behaves real gangster and blames his victims for his incarceration.

he has apparently been in and out of jail about 2 or 3 times.

This made me think. the purpose of jail is not only to enact punishment but to rehabilitate criminals.
    if a criminal has been released and blames his / her victims for being in jail that means he / she has not been rehabilitated.

it is my understanding that the offender courses that have to be undergone in prison requires the offender to acknowledge and accept that their actions resulted in the incarceration not the victims for reporting it.

if a criminal doesn't see their actions resulted in jail time and blames the victim that means not only is the victim in danger the criminal is still a threat to society

the fact this person has been in jail more than once for similar offences shows they are not yet suited for integration into society and should be held until such time they are suitable for reintegration even if that is longer than their jail term.

that is just my opinion but i thought i would put that up for discussion.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bazzy For This Useful Post:

allover (02-12-21),eaglem (03-12-21),VroomVroom (03-12-21)

3. Look Here ->