Thread: Samsung Galaxy S7 won't update - unauthorised

Thanks

Default Samsung Galaxy S7 won't update - unauthorised

Dragged an old Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) out of 'the drawer' and took a look at updating it because it has a few annoying issues like Knox spitting out spurious security alerts, apps refusing to work etc. Currently is on Android 6.0.1.
    However, on attempting to update, I get the error "The operating system on your device has been modified in an unauthorised way" and won't update.

Anyway, I'd like to get it back to 'standard' and 'unrooted' (presuming it was rooted to get whatever OS on the device which triggered the above error?) - would there be such a guide somewhere to do this retrograde step?
    I did Google first, but not really familiar with the world of rooting & Android OSes in general, so not sure what is what and don't want to risk making things worse.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

I wouldn't do this because Samsung firmware is limited to Android 8 .... you could get Android10 ASOP on it with a bit of work.

Still, to answer your question -->>

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

mitaux8030 (16-12-21)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

If you upload a new version of Android you do away with all the Samsung crap and your mobile will fly
    Samsung deliberately imho load their mobiles over time time with crap to slow it down so you go out and buy a new mobile
    Have updated several phones and a Galaxy Tab 10, and the difference is amazing
    You will wear your heart in your mouth but it is really hard to stuff them up, if you do you go onto Youtube and some one has already resolved the problem

Take a chance!
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

Ah-Those-Old-Days! (16-02-22),mitaux8030 (16-12-21)

Thanks

Thanks guys - all up and going now. Initially thought I'd bricked it, but just needed to ignore one bit of advice given with my chosen ROM image file, and it came to life. Don't use the HOME_CSC image as recommended (resulted in no boot, handset heating up red hot) but using the regular one worked fine.