Thread: Price breakthrough for LiFePO4 batteries

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

Default Price breakthrough for LiFePO4 batteries

Just like I predicted.
    These put the cells in a Tesla Powerwall to shame.

Just grabbed 4 and a few hours later the price dropped a further 10 bucks, crazy.
    So they are now 284,99 each for a 48V system.
    Being an Ebay member another 10% off until tomorrow.

That's a mere $1025.96 for REAL USABLE 5.12kWh !!! The 4 will fit in metal tool chest, like I keep the others and I can still carry them around, about 45kg.
    With the Lead acid rubbish you would need to purchase 20kWh to get the same daily performance. What is that? 8-10 grand?

The deal with LiFePO4, apart from being the safest battery in the world is that you can drain them 90% and get at least 2000 cycles but if you only charge them up to 90% and discharge all the way down to 10% state of charge(SoC) you can double that life cycle number.
    After that you have a battery that has 80% state of health(SoH) that still works fine for another 2000 odd cycles until it is 50% SoH, unlike Lead Acid which becomes almost instantly a massive toxic hazard to dispose of after it's 300 deep charge cycles or 3000+ shallow 20% cycles.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 14-12-21 at 10:24 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

allover (15-12-21),lsemmens (15-12-21),porkop (15-12-21)

3. Look Here ->