Thread: Panasonic Toughbook Issue

Thanks

Default Panasonic Toughbook Issue

I have a CF-30 Toughbook that boots to the panasonic blue screen then shuts off and does the same thing over and over again, I don't know where this kind of thread would go, but a little help would be appreciated

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,959 Times in 1,524 Posts

Given the age of the machine, I'd be doing the following if it landed on my workbench for repair and displayed those symptoms;

*. always be wary of a 'frozen' BIOS or startup chip -- make sure you remove battery and check for a BIOS backup battery and temporarily remove that too to ensure BIOS is cleared, and retry booting the machine

1. disconnect/remove harddrive ; prepare a bootable USB drive with a 'live' OS image on it (any linux based live distro image will do), and see if the machine can boot/run that live OS ..if it works, problem is likely in the harddrive/OS installation

2. if it does boot/run but the live OS but gets really slow, check the thermal management package ; dust in fans/radiators, renew thermal paste interface(s)... (be a good idea to do this anyway).

3. if it can't boot the live OS image, something else is afoot, maybe ram or wifi module, anything you can unplug or eliminate for testing purposes, you try, until you have to suspect the mainboard has somehow screwed up.

4. the rabbit hole gets deeper from there on in =)