Thread: Vcard maker

Thanks

Default Vcard maker

Hey Guys!!

I need little help with Vcard.

So I am currently using online Vcard maker:

But the problem with this is that even when I insert social media links there it actually doesn't save it to the phone.
    After opening the file in the phone there is all other information but doesn't have social media links.

Does anyone know any other programs/ online vcf what have this feature? I tried to google them but most of them are not up to date or doesn't have this feature.

I really appreciate if someone smarter can help me out here.

Thank you!

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

What phone is it?

Thanks

Samsung s21 ultra

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TechMaxx View Post
    Samsung s21 ultra
    Thanks...helps to paint the target =)

M'kay....what I suspect is happening, is that your phone's OS and .vcf (vcard) support, is such that it doesn't parse the 'URL' property in the .vcf file (it's an optional field). Phone manufacturers have been futzing with this for ages, in an attempt to 'customize' them in some way and make the .vcf file format brand/device specific...ie; create a vcard on one phone, export it and import it to another phone...and find stuff missing and/or reordered. On top of all this, there are a few different versions of the .vcf specification (), ergo the vcard needs to be the same as that supported by the device OS, or things go awry.

I think my first move, would be to install a 3rd-party app from playstore...ie; the stock google contacts app, or maybe 'VCF Contacts Viewer'..whatever, then retry what you were doing, and open the resultant vcard file with this app, not the builtin phone app, and see what results you get. Conversely of course, you could export the contacts .vcf file created by the phone's app, and load that into the 3rd-party app ; this'll let you know what format the phone is using (but it won't tell you if the parser doesn't support the URL param...good chance it doesn't ; manufacturers tend to only look at this as a phonebook..ie; name and number...imagine the old white-pages with a person's site URL included in the listings =)
    Last edited by wotnot; 09-01-22 at 04:19 PM.