Thread: Does an 8 inch android tablet exist with more than 4gb of ram ?

Thanks

Default Does an 8 inch android tablet exist with more than 4gb of ram ?

Struggling to find an higher spec 8 inch android tablet with more than 4gb of ram , tried googling ect ect , am I dreaming ?

Could someone point me in the right direction!

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Thanks

Thankyou, never seen those ones

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Au_radio View Post
    Thankyou, never seen those ones
    Good thing too ~ as someone who's refurbed/worked on several hundred 8" & 10" cheap android tablets out of china, my gut feeling is both those unit on ebay will be absolute junk....and that probably starts by establishing an ADB connection to discover the android version installed is anything but what they claim. I am so sure they'll be junk, I'll send you 3, 16gb 8" tablets for free just to prove a point =)

The tablet market as moved away from 8" in both directions ~ 7.x" is more the norm now, as is 9.x" units.

I suppose it really depends what you want to use the device for?

But for mine, I'd be looking to buy a used samsung galaxy tab 3 before spending money on that chinese knockoff crap....ie; at least you can still get parts for the samsungs ; with chinese knockoffs, not so...you need 'donor' units to effect repairs.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

fromaron (01-10-22)

Thanks

Thanks for the info , I'm using a fairly new samsung a7 lite , it's a tad bit slow at 3gb ram , not interested in gaming or other graphics intensive applications, but resolution has to be 1080p minimum

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Thanks for the info , I'm using a fairly new samsung a7 lite , it's a tad bit slow at 3gb ram , not interested in gaming or other graphics intensive applications, but resolution has to be 1080p minimum
    3-4GB of RAM on an 8" 1080p tablet is more than enough even if you would do gaming.
    More RAM does not make your device faster unless you are indeed trying to do 3D modelling or high end photo editing, strongly suggest a PC for that

If it feels sluggish then there is something wrong with the tablet.
    I have ancient iPads that fly with only 0.5Gig of RAM. It is all about memory management and the CPU.

In your case I suspect apps are hogging memory.
    You need to regularly close all apps properly so they don't run in the background.
    Clear cache, look for dodgy apps, maybe just do a hard reset and start over.
    As a test disable Wifi and Data (if you have a SIM) and see if it runs faster. This could be spying apps you downloaded or just bloat ware phoning home. Google constantly does telemetry(records your every move and sends to their servers) with your Wifi and other things but that should not slow it down.
    However Samsung is the worst contender when it comes to bloat ware.
    Go to Settings, Apps and make sure it displays ALL apps.
    Then disable all the bloat Samsung services that you don't need. I do the same with everything Google in front of it but that is just me.
    Anything essential can't be disabled. You will find the disabled apps/services sometimes on the bottom of the list if you think you need to enable some again.

Some tips here but the internet is full of ideas why your tablet might be running slow:
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 27-09-22 at 08:28 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Premium Member
    Thanks

As said, it depends one what OP is using it for (what apps) ~ I find it curious the caveat of 'resolution has to be 1080p minimum' ....when the tablet OP has isn't capable of that ...ie; it may be rescaling/RTG to display, which is slow as.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    As said, it depends one what OP is using it for (what apps) ~ I
    Again, memory would not be the primary issue but a better CPU/GPU (SoC) would be required if the OP has performance hungry apps, although he did not indicate that .
    The SoC in this tablet is considered very entry level and definitely not suitable for having a lot of apps running in the background. Many people are not aware of the necessity and additional effort to close them properly.

I checked and this tablet comes with a fairly stock version of Android, meaning it has a lot less bloat ware from Samsung installed than usually, which is being praised by reviewers.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Now i know f/all about tablets BUT this may be an alternative
    I recently rooted my wife's 10" Samsung as it had become virtually useless. The difference is very noticeable as it has got rid of all the crap and Samsung updates which may intentionally (?)slow the tablet down. It now runs basic Android features, also the battery lasts a lot longer
    Now use it for running maps for four wheeling
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Thanks

Ended up getting a new samsung tab S8 sm-x700

8gb ram ,

Totally ditched the 8inch !

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

• The Following User Says Thank You to Au_radio For This Useful Post:

wotnot (30-09-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Ended up getting a new samsung tab S8 sm-x700

8gb ram ,

Totally ditched the 8inch !

In a single bound it went from Edsel to GT40!!.....I applaud the choice, and 120Hz display refresh ..nice. That device has some very good specs.

I hope it serves you well...oh, I'm not sure if Samsung still have it going, but they had a thing wherein if you registered your new tablet with them, they'd give you a guaranteed trade-in value when in the future you wanted a newer device (ie; something with 6G when it happens)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Au_radio (01-10-22)