Thread: MAZDA 3 MY16 Screen

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

Default MAZDA 3 MY16 Screen

For what it's worth, my daughter's 2016 Mazda 3 MY16 screen failed and it was now my problem (symtom shown in the image below).
    Prices for a fix at Mazda were outrageous to say the least: ~ $2500 for new CMU and screen (not sold separately).
    Well the internet can offer many solutions to problems you don't have and this was the case.
    Found some great websites that offered information on how to replace the touchscreen, upgrade software and pretty much everything rather than how to approach a possibly faulty screen.
    I did find one very useful where the CMU had been reverse engineered, but it did not help with diagnosing the fault.
    Got the oscilloscope out and could see that data was coming from the CMU, so I bit the bullet and ordered a screen from the wreckers for $120.
    Fixed the problem and my daughter is now happy . A win for all.

"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TVguy For This Useful Post:

ammlione (29-01-22),enf (10-02-22),peteblundoon (01-03-22),Softek2 (17-02-22),VroomVroom (09-02-22)

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

good find , i wouldnt thing you can just replace something like that with an aftermarket one