Thread: Help my dreambox has snr of 30 and no voltage at lnb

Thanks

Default Help my dreambox has snr of 30 and no voltage at lnb

in the lnb screen where i set local oscillator power is set at h/v,13/18 i did not change settings. It just stopped getting a lock says check switch and i get no voltage at ant in on the dm500s lnb is good and its slaved to another analog receiver that has voltage but it still wont locked on to signal have 100mhz scope and many sodering irons mutimeters, transistor tester, Box turns on normally can change channels also pin 5 is 29.3 and 32.3v when warm I hope someone can help me fix this no tv till then sadly

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Cool Basic tests.

Quote Originally Posted by sathunter View Post
    in the lnb screen where i set local oscillator power is on set at h/v,13/18 i did not change settings. It just stopped getting a lock says check switch and i get no voltage at lnb and its slaved to another analog receiver that has voltage but it still wont locked on to signal have 100mhz scope and many sodering irons mutimeters, transistor tester, Box turns on normally can change channels also pin 5 is 29.3 and 32.3v when warm I hope someone can help me fix this no tv till then sadly

G'Day,
    I gather that you are connected to LNB out and not IF out.
    Suggest disconnect LNB at STB and measure voltage 13/18.
    If not disconnect other set.
    If Voltage 13/18, test co-ax for continuity and shorts.
    Best to switch set off when changing co-ax.
    Let me know how you go.
    Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".........

Thanks

no voltage coming from dreambox i hooked a cable in 3 ft jumper measured no volts 000 on meter nothing wrong with coax just no voltage coming from dreambox

Thanks

stupid question perhaps, is it a home made cable? back when I was even more of a n00b, I had massive problems with cable having no voltage, it turned out it was because I hadn't cut it correctly.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Cool Slow, but sure!

no voltage coming from dreambox i hooked a cable in 3 ft jumper measured no volts 000 on meter nothing wrong with coax just no voltage coming from dreambox
    We need to confirm whether it is the dreambox or not. Connect your LNB co-ax direct to your slave STB, first check that there it is set up correctly, to see whether it will operate the LNB and that the 13/18 volt is present there.
    What model is your slave STB?
    If not, either your meter is stuffed or connections to it. Make sure that you are not measuring via any other switches that go to your dish.
    There are two F6 connectors on your boxes, have you checked both directly at the boxes?
    Before you go any further check for shorts on your co-ax cables.
    Box turns on normally can change channels also pin 5 is 29.3 and 32.3v when warm
    Where exactly are you measuring this?
    Before you tear every thing to pieces, try with another box.
    Kindest Regards, " The Druid "........

Last edited by beer4life; 15-10-08 at 09:03 AM.

Thanks

Smile

in the lnb screen where i set local oscillator power is set at h/v,13/18 i did not change settings. It just stopped getting a lock says check switch and i get no voltage at ant in on the dm500s lnb is good and its slaved to another analog receiver that has voltage but it still wont locked on to signal have 100mhz scope and many sodering irons mutimeters, transistor tester, Box turns on normally can change channels also pin 5 is 29.3 and 32.3v when warm I hope someone can help me fix this no tv till then sadly
    Sounds similar to what i have here with my dm500 ,but i do have voltage when not plugged into lnb it is only when pluged in to lnb that i get no signal,and lose voltage.Not sure how you have your setup with your slave receiver, but try a 2way splitter with ony power pass on one output this goes to your slave receiver,then plug in your dm 500 to the isolated side of the splitter, this keeps your dm500 free of any load,and off course make sure your slave box is set to the right polarity if you are using an lnbf.
    This was the simple way to keep my box going and it is still working,or you could put in a seperate 12 or 18v dc supply to run the lnb

Thanks

I have this same problem can watch channels with an inline injector tho, but a bit of a hassle every time i want to change to a v from a h signal ...anyone have a fix ? im getting all the right voltages at the tunner pins... im getting 12v at one side of Q72 but nothing on the others ive tried jumping it but still no go? will completly removing or changing Q72 fix this?....any ideas?....getting tied of manualy changing injecter voltage!....thanx in advance.
    Last edited by dirtracer; 05-07-10 at 03:48 PM.

Thanks

getting 12v at and past the fuse F70? but 0v at Q70 & Q71 if this is of any help...?

Thanks

flick out q 72 and bridge the two thicker tracks together, making quite sure that the 3rd thinner track is left well alone

Thanks

im having the same problem, has anyone a picture of where q2 is?