Thread: Followup, from my previous talk about trying ;LineageOS'

Banned
    Thanks

Default Followup, from my previous talk about trying ;LineageOS'

It was a while ago, and I'm sorry, but maybe someone can benefit from my experiences!!
    I had a Samsung Galaxy S4, which was previously limited to Androind-5. MY problem was the
    requirement for my Comm Bank latest App, which would not install/run on that low version number!

Even though I could log-on on my Laptop etc., CERTAIN advanced features/requirements required the
    sending of a NETCODE, to my phone app! (NOT just a code to my phones 'SMS' which most places use!).

Anyway, my 'phone' is no longer what it was! hahaha... After gathering all info/software required, and
    backing up my phone totally via additional software, I took the plunge! My phone was totally erased, and
    the new (not nwest) version of 'LineageOS' was finally installed. Mind you, there were a few prior & post
    steps and specific software that were needed! Now my Phone is Android-11, and ALL needed software
    will now install & run! like a new system! Caveat below!!...

These 'new' systems are generally against/void of 'google' systems/apps. So along with your downloads
    etc you will see the likes of 'GAPPS'. Often this is short for 'OpenGapps', which have numerous options.
    Basically, they re-introduce acceptability to to Google, If and when you want it. SOME people are so
    against Google, but that's like me, are not worried about that, & still want some of my 'google' links!

The VERSION of 'GAPPS' that I used is called 'GiTApps', in conjunction with 'LineageOS'. It intalls just the
    minimal of 'Google' stuff. Mine even remembered my address lists etc...

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Given this thread is a 'follow-up' please post in the existing thread.

No need to start a new thread on the same subject.

Closed.
    Please consider Premium Membership. Without Premium Member contributions Austech cannot operate.