Thread: May I post a survey here ? intro inside

Thanks

Default May I post a survey here ? intro inside

EXPLANATORY STATEMENT

Dear Participant,

You are invited to participate in a research project, which was realised as part of the subject HUMR11/71-100 – “Research Methods and data visualisation” under the guidance of Dr Gaelle Brotto from Bond University. Your participation in the project involves completing the enclosed survey, which will take about up to 5 minutes to complete, and will contribute to our learning of social identty and business .

Anonymity and confidentiality are assured. The survey data will be securely stored at Bond University for five weeks, after which it will be securely destroyed. Your participation in this study is voluntary. You may withdraw from the study at anytime. You do not have to answer any questions that make you feel uncomfortable.

If any of the questions cause personal distress, the Bond Student Counselling Service provide services to assist you. You may contact them at (07) 5595 4002 or studentcounselling@bond.edu.au.

Should you have any complaint concerning the manner in which this research (RO1011) is conducted, please do not hesitate to contact Gaelle Brotto at (07) 5595 3368 or gbrotto@bond.edu.au. Alternatively, you may contact the Bond University Research Ethics Committee at the following address:

Senior Research Ethics Office, Complaints

Bond University Human Research Ethics Committee, Bond University, Gold Coast Q. 4229

Telephone: (07) 5595 4194; Fax (07) 5595 1120; Email: buhrec@bond.edu.au

Kind regards,

Dr Gaelle Brotto,

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Permission to post something like this should be made prior to actually posting in the forums, via 'Contact Us'.

Then it's always best to post some info about yourself in the 'Introduce Yourself" section.

So, I take it you are Erica (the student) and you are conducting the research on behalf of the university?

Austech usually doesn't object to these types of things, however, many are aimed purely for marketing purposes, which we don't support. Eg: advertising, self-promotion rule.

As was raised in your previous post, any participation in the survey must be completely anonymous, not requiring any form of registration, joining or potentially capturing personally-identifying participant info etc, to access the survey.

If you can demonstrate that level of anonymity, then you may post a link.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate section of General Chat.
    Please consider Premium Membership. Without Premium Member contributions Austech cannot operate.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

M'kay.... feel free to shoot the English pedant, or whoever wrote that got it wrong....but I don't think so, Uni profs are typically terse with their English...

The formal is incorrect -- at least, for our purposes ; 'Dear Participant' is unassigned, and by virtue of the line 'If any of the questions cause personal distress, the Bond Student Counselling Service provide services to assist you.', the reader must presume 'the participant', is a student studying the course , due to the fact "Counselling services are free-of-charge for all Bond staff and students. In confidential one-on-one sessions, counsellors are available to help you find skills to cope with whatever is troubling you.".....for mine, that's aimed at the student, not to a member of the public.

The wording is incorrect -- "Your participation in the project involves completing the enclosed survey" ...that's hardcopy, not online form....(this must be the multiple choice questionnaire mentioned in the course curriculum?...yes, I gave it a quick peruse with me glassies =)

Regarding the disclaimer of how personal data is handled ; this is BS -- what is supposed to happen, is the (prospective) participant should be made aware of these things *before* any agreement to continue, and likewise prompting for M$/hotmail credentials -before- making this clear, is not on ; it would be the hallmark of an online scam actually.

Not adding up ; if OP really is a student named Erica studying HUMR11-71/100, then I can tell you most assuredly you're demonstrating an epic fail wrt the data collection requisite...no umbrage intended.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (05-03-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Permission to post something like this should be made prior to actually posting in the forums, via 'Contact Us'.

Then it's always best to post some info about yourself in the 'Introduce Yourself" section.

So, I take it you are Erica (the student) and you are conducting the research on behalf of the university?

Austech usually doesn't object to these types of things, however, many are aimed purely for marketing purposes, which we don't support. Eg: advertising, self-promotion rule.

As was raised in your previous post, any participation in the survey must be completely anonymous, not requiring any form of registration, joining or potentially capturing personally-identifying participant info etc, to access the survey.

If you can demonstrate that level of anonymity, then you may post a link.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate section of General Chat.
    Thank you , I took default setting last time, it turned out only members of my institute are allowed to participate, thus it required people to log in. That was a mistake. I have corrected it. This is the link :

link deleted
    Last edited by mtv; 05-03-22 at 08:09 PM. Reason: link deleted

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,905 Posts

Do you consent to participate the surve and keep the data at Bond university for 6 weeks for research purposes ?
    Sorry, not going to happen, whoever wrote the introductory question can’t even get it right, it doesn’t even make sense, I shall pass.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following User Says Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

wotnot (05-03-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Sorry, not going to happen, whoever wrote the introductory question can’t even get it right, it doesn’t even make sense, I shall pass.
    Yep, same here -- if whoever can't get that much right, then the survey is tainted...

...damn, technical forums are a tough audience aren't they? B^)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (05-03-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

..also might help if you change the default language to EN-AU....

edit: 'social identty' ...please spell check your work ...
    Last edited by wotnot; 05-03-22 at 07:53 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (05-03-22),enf (05-03-22)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

social identty and business .
    Again, another example of poor spelling and punctuation.

All the above are common to spam/scams/trolls.

Still no Introduction post from 'Erica", traceable cookies from Microsoft, etc.

I told you I moved this to the appropriate section and you start yet another thread duplicating this one in Mobile Phones.

The survey also asks for car and computer brands.

Sorry, but this reeks of marketing.

All threads on this closed.

Good luck with your 'research'... but please don't post again on Austech.

If any Austech member wishes to participate, there are details in the post to contact the university directly.
    Please consider Premium Membership. Without Premium Member contributions Austech cannot operate.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (05-03-22),ammlione (05-03-22),enf (05-03-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,963 Times in 9,059 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Yes it does. It's obviously marketing research for some sort of rotgut liquor and the author is sampling the product...
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (05-03-22)