Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Covid - anyone here have or had it?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

My youngest daughter now has it....thats 4 out of six kids. None have been hit with any discomfort for more than two days or so....

Interestingly, they suffred more from pfizer and moderna injections than the f*cking pox....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

fromaron (14-06-22),WhiteOx (14-06-22)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

My daughter in Sydney had it. She said it was the worst experience in her life, she felt like she was dying for 4 days and a 100 times worse than when she had food poisoning.
    She also had a bad response (like me) after her first Astrazenica. Pfizer was not available at that time when it should have been.

Yesterday a neighbour living behind us(mid 70's) came out to his backyard for a few moments after several weeks not seen. He could barely say any words other that he had Covid and is now degenerating.
    Looks like he might die soon.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

WhiteOx (20-06-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Well. The wife, myself and eldest daughter (she lives a suburb away) now have it. Or had it really.

We all thought we'd contracted a mild cold. All over in a day or so. I'm a tad chesty, but my lungs are so bad that I get chesty every winter here in chill land. I've had thousands of worse colds.

I had festers hated early on AstraZ, the wife and daughter PFizzer. They seemed a tad worse than me, but hard to tell really as there wasn't much to it. They had more trouble after the f*cking injections, as did my youngest son after Moderna.

I suspect an early strain may have done me in though...based on what I've seen an read. Regardless of injection type.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

WhiteOx (22-06-22)

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

After managing somehow to dodge it after her daughter then her partner having it, my youngest daughter tested positive yesterday.
    She said she has never felt so sick in her life.

Did you get your 2nd booster enf?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    After managing somehow to dodge it after her daughter then her partner having it, my youngest daughter tested positive yesterday.
    She said she has never felt so sick in her life.

Did you get your 2nd booster enf?
    No mate, I didn't.

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

I dunno about Canberra but in NSW if you're over 65 or immunocompromised you're eligible for a 4th shot.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

For the last 2 weeks I have tested POSITIVE via a RAT test for Covid. The Wife is the same as she has had it the same time. My Daughter also has it but her RAT Test showed she is ok, I got it first, two days later the wife and my Daughter got if from me. Now the million dollar question is how long with member here as I expect a few member are old like me and my wife had this disease and how long before they were test via a RAT test to become negitive.

Premium Member
    Thanks

It took me about 5 days,lost 4 kilos and could hardly get out up from the chair,the worst sickness I had.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gulliver For This Useful Post:

SS Dave (07-08-23)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Never had the jab, don't get 'flu shots, and I haven't caught it...(nor any colds/coughs/'flu ...for the last 3 decades, not joking)... working on the natural immunity theory ; I think if I were going to catch it, would've happened by now....and if that happens and it kills me, I don't care.... <grin>

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

gulliver (07-08-23),SS Dave (07-08-23)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

One of my daughters thought she had it again last week. She was a mess. But it turned out negative.

She manages a chain of cafes, and is exposed to all sorts of people. But after the first time a couple of years ago, no worries.

@wotnot... If you dodged the first two strains you're fairly safe I think. The rule of thumb with viruses is to mutate over time to survive, not kill the hosts. Not everyone reacts the same of course.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
    It took me about 5 days,lost 4 kilos and could hardly get out up from the chair,the worst sickness I had.
    Have trouble getting of the Floor where I sleep for the last 20 odd years. When it comes to flu type systems I can say its the Worst. I dont go anywhere, The only place where I could have got it was DOCTORS VISIT for F..k sake

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    One of my daughters thought she had it again last week. She was a mess. But it turned out negative.

She manages a chain of cafes, and is exposed to all sorts of people. But after the first time a couple of years ago, no worries.

@wotnot... If you dodged the first two strains you're fairly safe I think. The rule of thumb with viruses is to mutate over time to survive, not kill the hosts. Not everyone reacts the same of course.
    This is my first one.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

enf (06-08-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    My daughter in Sydney had it. She said it was the worst experience in her life, she felt like she was dying for 4 days and a 100 times worse than when she had food poisoning.
    She also had a bad response (like me) after her first Astrazenica. Pfizer was not available at that time when it should have been.

Yesterday a neighbour living behind us(mid 70's) came out to his backyard for a few moments after several weeks not seen. He could barely say any words other that he had Covid and is now degenerating.
    Looks like he might die soon.
    Its 12 months Is he still above the Ground

Thanks

I caught COVID off a workmate unfortunately in May this year. I found with it that it basically knocks the stuffing out of you. I was so physically tired, temperature, slight cough, running nose and lost sense of smell and taste for a couple of days.
    It took me around 12 days to become negative - so took a while. My wife caught it off me and had it worse. She went on anti-virals because she is immune-suppressed and was clear of it after 9 days.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David071 For This Useful Post:

enf (07-08-23),gulliver (07-08-23)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,917 Times in 1,280 Posts

I had Covid19 3 months ago and the it took me 14 days to test negative, The 1st 7 days I could hardly move and had bad flu symptoms and I slept most of that time, After a week the flu symptons started to subside. It then took me another month until I was back to normal.
    At the time I had the 3 shots and was thinking of getting the 4th.

I know of one person that had Covid and tested positive for 14 days and then it took him a further 3 months to get all his energy back.
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

enf (07-08-23),gulliver (07-08-23),TVguy (10-08-23)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I have a mate who's a bus driver. He's had it off and on for 2 years, the first time for 6 months straight.

It's completely screwed with his life.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I did not get out of bed until 9.30 am, the way I'm going I wont get out of bed until 9.30PM. I feels like a super dose of FLU. The Daughter went out today and getting the Latest and greatest RAT Test Available from the Government (Think its the Government that supplies them).
    My Daughter got it last or equal with the wife and she got rid if it and tested Negative in 7 days and she feels about 80% good.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

gulliver (07-08-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SS Dave View Post
    I had Covid19 3 months ago and the it took me 14 days to test negative, The 1st 7 days I could hardly move and had bad flu symptoms and I slept most of that time, After a week the flu symptons started to subside. It then took me another month until I was back to normal.
    At the time I had the 3 shots and was thinking of getting the 4th.

I know of one person that had Covid and tested positive for 14 days and then it took him a further 3 months to get all his energy back.
    Was just about to get the 4th jab but I was delayed then I got the Chinese POX.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Poor you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 571 Posts

When COVID was rife, NSW Government rules excused you from needing to take a PCR test for up to 3 months after a positive test, as a result of false positives appearing. With that in mind, you may continue to show ‘positive’ on RATs after you are clear of the virus.

• The Following User Says Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

• Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast