Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Covid - anyone here have or had it?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

I tested because I got all these free rat tests here, courtesy of Mr McGowan....

And if you have covid then you don't need a booster for 4 months after to comply with workplace mandates.

Sent from my CPH2305 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    I tested because I got all these free rat tests here, courtesy of Mr McGowan....

And if you have covid then you don't need a booster for 4 months after to comply with workplace mandates.

Good enough explanation, hoe.

The only point I want people to think about is - are the test kits free?
    I don't think so. We will be paying for all of this for many years and if Albo wins next week it will be sooner than we think.

Premium Member
    Thanks

McGowan is king of the world right now, he's got a huge budget surplus thanks to the mining industry and controls both houses and can do what he wants.....

He's saving the people of WA with his mandates, he's introduced the welfare card and a 'problem drinker' banned list so now nobody in regional WA can buy alcohol without having ID scanned into a central database and approved.

Not applicable in the city though, that would cost him too many votes...

A few free rats and a power subsidy and the voters love him.......

Thanks

wife tested positive with rats test and I tested negative and have a 92 year old father and 90 year old mother and did not
    want to take a chance with them if I had it and that is why I got myself tested to confirm if in fact I had it or not.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    McGowan is king of the world right now, he's got a huge budget surplus thanks to the mining industry and controls both houses and can do what he wants.....

He's saving the people of WA with his mandates, he's introduced the welfare card and a 'problem drinker' banned list so now nobody in regional WA can buy alcohol without having ID scanned into a central database and approved.

Not applicable in the city though, that would cost him too many votes...

A few free rats and a power subsidy and the voters love him.......

Nothing new there, it's been happening in the NT for a few years. Had to present my license every time I bought a bottle of "medicine" (Scotch, Irish, or any other variety)
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

My brother in Perth now has it. Spoke to him last night.

Well, sort of...I spoke a lot, he croaked a lot.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I'm in Perth now, having a beer.....

My quarantine finishes today, been clear on rat test since Thursday......

Only positive for 3 days....

• The Following User Says Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

enf (17-05-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

kid one got it sunday. Checked with 2 rats from 2 different sources. Kid 2 monday. Lots of their friends seem to have it now. My partner isn't trying as hard as I would like to avoid it and I'm trying hard to avoid it. My boss at an aged care facility is saying yes I'm fine to come to work. NSW Health website says otherwise!! Lets see if I make it out the other side

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

enf (18-05-22),Tiny (18-05-22)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

It's running rampant in Victoria, literally out of control. Have a look at the news cases via the link below :

It's funny seeing WA leading the charge.

At the moment, my 77 yo mother has it which is a concern, my brother has it and my son has it. My son said he is that crook all he is doing is sleeping all day, crook as.

I have never tested myself despite getting free RAT tests from the Victorian Government.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

enf (19-05-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I haven't caught it. I did a test when one of my daughters got it.

We are all just operating on the principle of "if you can breath, ride it out". Have difficulty breathing (and none of my family has) then go to a hospital.

I see the ABCs Mr doom and gloom we're all gonna die Norman Swan has been at it again....generating the panic.....sigh!
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I was pissed off yesterday morning.. In Perth and went to my favourite coffee shop/restaurant and it was closed....

All staff got covid......

• The Following User Says Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

enf (19-05-22)

Thanks

Staff shortages seem to be the norm now in n.e. vic

Thanks

Just a little update. My partner got it last Wed. I've been testing every morning and test at work prior to starting my shift in the afternoons which have all been neg.....up until yesterday. I did a second and that positive as well. I was neg at home in the morning so thought I'll do a sanity check and do another test from the same box/batch when I got home. Yep it's positive also. Symptoms for all seem to be a fever for the first 12-24hrs with cold like symptoms for all of us. Hopefully none of the oldies get it at work!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

My brother now tests clear. However, he still has a heavy chest and sounds like sh!t.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,527 Posts

I know for sure my daughter's {ahem} 'had it'....with covid ; it's cost her business, which she's had to put on the market for sale...sigh... =^/

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

enf (23-05-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    I know for sure my daughter's {ahem} 'had it'....with covid ; it's cost her business, which she's had to put on the market for sale...sigh... =^/
    That's sad, but not uncommon I'm afraid. I wish her well....

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

wotnot (23-05-22)

Banned
    Thanks

Our poor old Prime Minister fought a losing battle!!! In the wrong place and at the wrong time!....
    People wanted something 'New'... without thinking what that meant or what had transpired...
    'W/A' was SO far ahead of the rest of the Country, because 'we' had been so 'distance' isolated from the rest of Australia,
    as WELL as our rigid isolation rules, that obviously offended some, but was for the good of the majority, and it served it's purpose!!

Were 'we' postponing the Inevitable??? MAYBE!!... but the DIFFERENCE is that NOW, most Western Australian people have been vaccinated,
    along with the current Booster Shots!! Now that all 'borders' have been opened, our infected numbers have jumped from the previous one
    or two, (literally!), to many thousands every day!!! Including our previously 'safe' country regions. HOWEVER!!!!!...
    The VAST majority has now been multiple vaccinated!, so the end result is much less damning. And so many more can/have now survive!!

I was totally 'aghast' the other night watching some ABC program where some Excuse for a Woman was literally saying "So what, those old
    people were going to die soon anyway, so why inconvenience us young ones with restrictions"...!!!!!!...
    I'm not a generally aggressive person, but if I was there, I would have slapped her in the face!!!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Ah-Those-Old-Days! For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (24-05-22)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

I got a simple solution:
    Just wear a kn95/P2 certified mask when out in the public and do what ever you always do with no other restrictions without the risk of getting sick and losing your job/business/income/loved ones, period

These masks cost now 1/3 of the price now because nobody wears them, almost the same price as the surgical ones in pharmacies which are rubbish if you want to protect YOURSELF.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 24-05-22 at 12:44 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    I got a simple solution:
    Just wear a kn95/P2 certified mask when out in the public and do what ever you always do with no other restrictions without the risk of getting sick and losing your job/business/income/loved ones, period

These masks cost now 1/3 of the price now because nobody wears them, almost the same price as the surgical ones in pharmacies which are rubbish if you want to protect YOURSELF.
    I totally concur....but it's not just the masks (which I admit I won't wear, even though I have good ones and filters), it's the practices when wearing them.

Saw someone in Woolies lift theirs up to cough and sneeze...really? Then back on it went.....

They walk among us.

Fester, many of the "certified" masks are pretty useless too really. I tried several at the beginning when it was more dangerous, and most were leaky and uncomfortable. AND they fogged up my glasses, which meant I was probably going to be covid free when I accidentally stepped in front of a bus....

Premium Member
    Thanks

All the W. H. O. experts say masks are useless at stopping you getting covid, and actually make it more likely you will get it due to transfer from your hands when constantly adjusting it.

They say the only time they are useful is when you are positive, and will help stop you spreading it. If positive you should be isolating anyway.....

It seems the 'health advice' given to all our politicians is completely opposite.....

• Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast