Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russia/Ukraine War

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Yep, Europe will do whatever it takes to keep the gas rolling in, for now!!.. Everything takes time.
    They will scream for a few winters if not longer, but eventually over time, they will replace Russian energy.
    The World is heading into a recession effecting everyone including us. This war ain't going to end soon..
    Sooo, Interesting times ahead that's for sure.
    Everything gets rebuilt. Ukraine will be rebuilt just not by the ruble. they'll be broke by end of war.
    Last edited by Johnno; 16-06-22 at 11:11 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Thats funny........
    They just finished the bridge 8)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (13-10-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    They just finished the bridge 8)

Still funny....they've been talking a joint game for years. And they may do it I suppose. THAT just may be enough for the west to come to it's senses and abandon the green folly that we are religiously persuing to our ruin.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (13-10-22)

Banned
    Thanks

Aaaaah no...not correct.

NZ actually signed up to belt and road as they were broke. Quite a difference. Victoria (ALP) had also done the same thing on its own until the Coalition AND the ALP got together federally to veto it as they could both see that it was just a debt trap. IIRC, Barnett (Lib) in WA did something similar.

Oh..ScoMo handed NOTHING to China, that was the NT government.
    The WA governemnt have dealt the Oakajee project to China, another port.
    Keswick Island off McKay by the Queensland government for 99 years is another one.
    They all have their fingers in the pie, and your mindless attempts to put everything on the Coalition, and ScoMo in particular, make your previous statements that some of us are "so black and white" completely laughable.
    Put Oakajee, Darwin, Daru (Papua) and Keswick in play, and we look a little potentially boxed in to me. Especially with the Solomons selling out....
    But whatever...keep up the hate hey?
    Firstly, thank you to 'Uncle Fester' for clarifying that I was NOT suggesting any reason to attack 'NZ' hahaha... It was just an example of similar stupidity/acceptance!

In regards to what I made 'Bold' above... I actually 'liked' ScoMo, (being an 'underdog' supporter), especially after 'Peter Dutton' previously tried unsuccessfully to take
    over control by shitting on his own party members!, but lost the fight to ScoMo. 'Dutton' was/is a self pedestalling Prat that should never be trusted!...
    Anyway, the point I was going to make, is that what EVER my/others Political thoughts/beliefs are, it NEVER changes my general opinion of a person away from Politics,
    be they family or friends. 'Uncle Fester' is 'different' at times, but I still like him!!! Don't read too deep! We're all together here

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ah-Those-Old-Days! View Post
    Firstly, thank you to 'Uncle Fester' for clarifying that I was NOT suggesting any reason to attack 'NZ' hahaha... It was just an example of similar stupidity/acceptance!

In regards to what I made 'Bold' above... I actually 'liked' ScoMo, (being an 'underdog' supporter), especially after 'Peter Dutton' previously tried unsuccessfully to take
    over control by shitting on his own party members!, but lost the fight to ScoMo. 'Dutton' was/is a self pedestalling Prat that should never be trusted!...
    Anyway, the point I was going to make, is that what EVER my/others Political thoughts/beliefs are, it NEVER changes my general opinion of a person away from Politics,
    be they family or friends. 'Uncle Fester' is 'different' at times, but I still like him!!! Don't read too deep! We're all together here
    Ummmm...I'm not sure of the point of this post. Festers fine, at least I've always thought so....I argue with him a bit, especially when he opens the throttle on his pet dislikes a bit too much, but I agree with him often too.

Lets get this thing back on topic....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (17-06-22)

Banned
    Thanks

Ummmm...I'm not sure of the point of this post. Festers fine, at least I've always thought so....I argue with him a bit, especially when he opens the throttle on his pet dislikes a bit too much, but I agree with him often too.

Lets get this thing back on topic....
    Exactly!!!

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Maybe the Ukraine should send Russia a message. Bomb, their nice new bridge! Problem with that though, it might convince China to join in.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Still funny....they've been talking a joint game for years. And they may do it I suppose. THAT just may be enough for the west to come to it's senses and abandon the green folly that we are religiously persuing to our ruin.
    I'm surprized that pair didn't get a room decades again now ; I suppose now, they don't even need one....as you say, the focus has shifted somewhat.

Thanks

Let me do a bit of forecasting here.
    The war will finish soon. EU leaders currently in Kiev discussing with Ukraine the deal to stop the war in exchange of accepting Ukraine and Moldova into EU.

Russia pretty much achieved their goal of connecting to Crimea via land and taking control of Donbass region. It will eventually happen anyway as Russian military machine is far more powerful and Ukraine army won't be able to stop it.
    Putin is not going to stop until he gets his goals achieved.
    Europe is not in a very good economics state to sustain sanctions imposed on to Russia. This is a fact, no matter what media is broadcasting. Sanctions harm EU and US more than Russia. Europe is buying fuel from India made out from Russian oil. Who is suffering here?

The most worrying fact is what Russian political position is - Russia will consider territory as their own if people leaving there are happy to be under Russian control. I know it sounds very worrying and I would worry about that myself. Only hope that countries in the region look at their own backyard and work with their own population irrelevant what is their descent.
    The above is something I experienced myself as I am originally from Moldova and saw it with my own eyes - Native Moldovans or Ukrainians in Ukraine put themselves into superior position, discriminating other nations. That was the reason I left Moldova over 30 years ago.
    To clarify my point - countries need to adopt western way of living - no discrimination should take place and maybe we see the world becomes much safer place with less conflicts.

Again, I suspect some members here will see my post as I am Russian or Putin supporter. Not at all. Just giving you a point of view on the situation from someone who lived there for many years and still have a lot of connections to see what is happening in reality vs to what ABC tells us. Or Biden in that regard - but that is an absolutely separate topic.
    Last edited by fromaron; 18-06-22 at 05:45 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

Ah-Those-Old-Days! (18-06-22),Uncle Fester (19-06-22)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    The war will finish soon. EU leaders currently in Kiev discussing with Ukraine the deal to stop the war in exchange of accepting Ukraine and Moldova into EU.

Russia pretty much achieved their goal of connecting to Crimea via land and taking control of Donbass region. It will eventually happen anyway as Russian military machine is far more powerful and Ukraine army won't be able to stop it.
    Europe is not in a very good economics state to sustain sanctions imposed on to Russia. This is a fact, no matter what media is broadcasting. Sanctions harm EU and US more than Russia. Europe is buying fuel from India made out from Russian oil. Who is suffering here?

The most worrying fact is what Russian political position is - Russia will consider territory as their own if people leaving there are happy to be under Russian control. I know it sounds very worrying and I would worry about that myself. Only hope that countries in the region look at their own backyard and work with their own population irrelevant what is their descent.
    The above is something I experienced myself as I am originally from Moldova and saw it with my own eyes - Native Moldovans or Ukrainians in Ukraine put themselves into superior position, discriminating other nations. That was the reason I left Moldova over 30 years ago.
    To clarify my point - countries need to adopt western way of living - no discrimination should take place and maybe we see the world becomes much safer place with less conflicts.

Again, I suspect some members here will see my post as I am Russian or Putin supporter. Not at all. Just giving you a point of view on the situation from someone who lived there for many years and still have a lot of connections to see what is happening in reality vs to what ABC tells us. Or Biden in that regard - but that is an absolutely separate topic.
    Hi there fromaron ! I'm interested in what you said above in your reply, that I made Bold...
    On page-2 of this thread, I also mentioned having a look at the YouTube posts of "Bald and Bankrupt". In a lot of those, he often asks the older generation in various Enclaves,
    (or ones 'not' previously totally surrounded), about their opinions about their 'old' previous lives/times under Russian rule/control?? Surprisingly, (to me!), they often agree that
    it was 'better' then! And although not 'great', they had working businesses etc back then. However, they say that this is because of mainly political corruption by certain powers
    to be when they pulled out, that has ruined their present infrastructure, and everything has been let go! Obviously 'Putin' has to F-Off, but these other regions certainly need
    to re-evaluate who is pulling their own in-house Strings!

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post

One of the rare occasions where I mostly agree with you, especially the part where the sanctions are hurting ourselves possibly more than Russia.
    However I do not agree with your forecast.
    It should seem obvious to all that the only solution out of this stalemate would be to draw a line above the Donbas region and allow them to be an independent state if the majority still living there wanted that.
    However (and that is partly what you said about being superior) Zelinsky will NEVER agree to give up Donbas.
    If he did then so much death and so much destruction and suffering was for nothing!

Putin will also never accept a deal that allows Ukraine to become officially EU which lays the down the path for them to become a Nato member.
    Putin shows no interest in any deals. He is at war with democracy and always was, just like his buddy Xi.
    This is only the beginning.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 19-06-22 at 10:18 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Ah-Those-Old-Days! (24-06-22),Landytrack (23-06-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

spewtin is on the news again , still stating that he is not the aggressor and he is merely counteracting the agression that Ukraine started against him !!! Should put him inside a russian tank on the Uki side of the border , with an open hatch , while a drone flies overhead and drops a hand grenade into the turret

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

Ah-Those-Old-Days! (24-06-22),Landytrack (23-06-22)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Yep, Europe will do whatever it takes to keep the gas rolling in, for now!!.. Everything takes time.
    They will scream for a few winters if not longer, but eventually over time, they will replace Russian energy.
    The World is heading into a recession effecting everyone including us. This war ain't going to end soon..
    Sooo, Interesting times ahead that's for sure.
    Everything gets rebuilt. Ukraine will be rebuilt just not by the ruble. they'll be broke by end of war.
    This article pretty much says exactly that. Interesting.

Putin’s tactical mistake
    Vladislav Inozemtsev on how Putin lost the gas war with Europe >>
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

Johnno (12-10-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Kinda scares me, calm before the storm, I think. A different kind of recession is coming.
    Putin will definitely double down.
    He'll launch a missile (with favorable weather) into one of the reactors and blame Ukraine.
    Nato retaliates by sinking the black sea fleet.
    M.A.D follows.

Nah, only kidding. lol...

My crystal ball shows King Charles will be gone before that. LOL (3yrs)

Moscow overestimated its strength, much as it did by engaging in a war with Ukraine.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Kinda scares me, calm before the storm, I think. A different kind of recession is coming.
    Putin will definitely double down.
    Doesn't really scare me. There's nothing I can do about it but hope that the west stands up to him and doesn't run away if a few are killed.

Moscow overestimated its strength, much as it did by engaging in a war with Ukraine.
    Armies almost always overestimate their strength, underestimate their fuel and logistics requirements, overestimate the worth of their big ticket weapons, and underestimate their oposition. Especially an opposition on home soil.

It's just human history...there are exceptions of course, but not many.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

You would hope that in this day and age, we'd all grown beyond idiots like Putin. It's not as though any country in the civilised world would not, willingly, deal with another civilised country. The Yanks, Poms, Germany (a historical "enemy" because of another idiot), Japan (ditto Germany), us, and numerous other civilised nations seem to be able to get along without trying to blow one and other up!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

I'm not sure if posters are aware, Russia's GDP is approx the same as Australia's
    Russia's population is 144,000,000, Australia's 24,000,000
    (we certainly live in the lucky country and who ever seems to be in power cannot seem to stuff it up )
    I just don't know how long Russia can keep a war of this size going with out going broke!

Hypothesizing, could the army generals be trying to undermining Putin, just seems to be a lot of strange events occurring?
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

enf (12-10-22),Landytrack (13-10-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,058 Posts

Maybe a more accurate assessment of the situation.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post

Hypothesizing, could the army generals be trying to undermining Putin, just seems to be a lot of strange events occurring?
    That seems to be the ideal solution to me.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Looking at that bridge explosion, if I were a betting man, my money would be on a homemade/commercial explosive/thermite mix detonated on a boat under the bridge.....

Sent from my CPH2305 using Tapatalk

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast