Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russia/Ukraine War

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Russia/Ukraine War

Is there no thread on this ? Or am I delirious as normal this time of night ?

Just thought I might post this out of interest, an American F-15 Strike Eagle has been stirring the pot for quite a while. As you can see in the bottom right hand corner, Lviv Ukraine.
    He must be 50km's from the border I reckon. They are based at Jasionka Airport, but I have only previously seen Blackhawks who definately dont go stirring the pot. He is also low at 13,000 feet, and Lviv has been bombed in recent days.
    The Polish/Ukraine border is where the little A4 sign is at Krakovets if you can find it.

It really wouldn't take much for an incident would it ?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Keith (30-04-22),Landytrack (31-03-22),lsemmens (30-03-22)

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

its almost like he is doing a recon mission , or trying to scare away the ruskies ?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    its almost like he is doing a recon mission , or trying to scare away the ruskies ?
    Too much vodka =)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

gulliver (30-03-22),Landytrack (31-03-22)

Thanks

The Russians playing Russian Roulette ,especially on ground,No Fly zone would make it more scarce for them to go ahead,...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Last night I witnessed a very interesting incident. It was just before 7pm, just before I turned my computer off for the night.
    I took a brief glance at Flight radar, as my computer has 3 monitors and it was running in one and took a look at the most watched flight. I wish for the life of me I could remember the callsign but cant.

Anyway upon clicking on it, I was surprised to see that it was a single United States General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon ( or perhaps there was 2 and only 1 had his transponder turned on, fighters are normally in pairs). The reason I was surprised was that it was operating on the Romanian Coast of the Black Sea near the Ukrainian border.

I watched it fly straight over the Romanian border in to Ukraine, near the Ukraine town of Ismail. He was well and truly in to Ukraine when he switched off so he couldn't be seen, but he did it too late. He was definitely in Ukraine, well in to Ukraine with no signs of turning. I wish I had of taken a screen grab.

It's very obvious things are hotting up and if you don't read the news much, this is what is happening.

After coming out very much second best, the Russians have withdrawn their troops from most of Ukraine to send them to the Donbas region. In 2014, the Russian's invaded the Crimean Peninsula and the Donbas region. While they took and held the Crimean Peninsula, the Ukrainian's fought back in Donbas which turned in to a battle for 2 key Donbas areas, Luhansk and Donetsk.

Russia's plan is to capture all of Southern Ukraine, along the coast of the Black Sea. The city of Mariupol has been holding out and has been literally obliterated by the Russians. A few hundred Ukrainian marines and militia remain holed up in the old Steel factory with hundreds of women and children which is literally bomb proof.

There is a small independent country that borders Ukraine, Moldova.
    See the image below.

When the Soviet Union disintegrated, Moldova became independent. In 1990, some Pro Russians did the same as what has happened in the Donbas region of Ukraine. With Soviet backing, they decided to proclaim their own country in the Transnistria area of Moldova. The Moldovan Defence force fought back, and the Pro Russians were joined by Soviet forces. In the end, a truce was made (not that Moldova had a choice) and the Russians moved "Peace Keeping" troops in and they have been there ever since.

The area where the US Fighter went in last night was in that section of Ukraine below Moldova.

Obviously if the Russians continue to take Southern Ukraine, there are major problems for us all. They will then move westward on to Odessa in Ukraine, which is just out of picture on that map on the right hand side. Russian troops, backed by Transnistrian pro Russian forces, would then likely attack and take the part of Ukraine under Moldova that you can see on the map, and also move towards Odessa to meet up with the main force of Russian invader troops.

Obviously given Russia's attitude to simply taking whatever they want, they will then control the Crimean Peninsula, all of Southern Ukraine and it's Black Sea ports, Transnistria and they will then give Moldova an ultimatum. Hand over your country and independence and be taken over by a puppet Russian government. Or be taken by force. Moldova is up shit creek, not a full EU member and not a NATO member.

Russia at the moment is content to regroup, and is pounding the Donbas region with long range weaponry which is taking it's toll on Ukrainian forces. However this week, the US and UK have both come out saying Ukraine will be armed with long range missiles to protect themselves - ie, we are going to give you the weapons you need to fight back. Russia is not happy at all......what Ukraine is getting is far more effective at hitting pin point targets and their days of long range blasting are numbered.

Where this will end I do not know, but it is not going to be good. The US are not supposed to be in Ukraine and most certainly are not supposed to be flying fighter jets in there.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (01-05-22),Tiny (01-05-22),VroomVroom (02-05-22)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Is there no thread on this ? Or am I delirious as normal this time of night ?

I started a thread but admittedly the title does not directly point to it, as I had a more specific agenda:

I saw no point to continue there as it seemed to me that there were posters siding with Putin or at least thought everything reported on western media is staged.

Another thread on the topic is here but also combined with certain agendas:

Pretty sure most of us are following the news about this war closely and so much is covered, I assumed it was hardly worth repeating it here on the forum.
    You really can't escape it unless you go off grid and completely disconnect from the world.

I am hardly at liberty to comment on US aircraft entering Ukrainian airspace.
    All I know is that a 'no fly zone' has NOT been established, so if Russian fighter jets can fly over there why not aircraft from other countries?
    People from Nato countries are visiting the Ukraine all the time even while Putin is bombing close to them to make a point, like when the UN boss was there.
    If the F16 actually shot down a Russian jet and it is proven that it was piloted by Nato, then we have a bigger problem.

I feel quite certain based on past observations that Putin will not give up until he gets what he wants and for him The End justifies his means.
    If only The End would be his end and ASAP.

Putin said he would visit the G20 later this year in Indonesia which could present interesting opportunities but I bet the coward will just show up on Zoom.

If it were up to me I would be deploying land based ABMs that have proven to be successful along the entire European border against Putins' NUCLEAR THREATS.
    And while most countries have them, we do NOT.
    Pathetic!
    What's the point of an early warning system when all we can do is look at our watches so we will know at what time we will all die.
    We should have thousands of ABMs along our northern coast as well a other land based long range missiles so we could actually DEFEND our country when the enemy comes.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 30-04-22 at 04:31 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (01-05-22)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Admin, was watching a Youtube vid from Mentour Pilot today, now cannot relocate it. It stated interference was causing problems in various areas, which may account for the incursions or possible incursions, found the attached link which may describe whats going on
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Last night I witnessed a very interesting incident. It was just before 7pm, just before I turned my computer off for the night.
    I took a brief glance at Flight radar, as my computer has 3 monitors and it was running in one and took a look at the most watched flight. I wish for the life of me I could remember the callsign but cant.
    What time was it you saw the aircraft?

I can replay flights in the area at the time.
    Please consider Premium Membership. Without Premium Member contributions Austech cannot operate.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    Admin, was watching a Youtube vid from Mentour Pilot today, now cannot relocate it. It stated interference was causing problems in various areas, which may account for the incursions or possible incursions, found the attached link which may describe whats going on

That's over on his Mentour Now! channel....and now here =)

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

allover (01-05-22),enf (01-05-22),Uncle Fester (01-05-22)

Banned
    Thanks

Actually, I'm surprised that 'FlightRadar' would even be able to monitor such military fighter jets??

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ah-Those-Old-Days! View Post
    Actually, I'm surprised that 'FlightRadar' would even be able to monitor such military fighter jets??
    Not wanting to take this thread off topic... but it's related.

There are several sites that track aircraft that use ADSB receivers around the globe.

Any aircraft which has its ADSB transponder turned on and the signal is within range of a receiver can have data uploaded to these tracking sites.

It's not a matter of the sites being able to monitor military aircraft, but that of the aircraft itself having the transponder turned on.

ADSB is a secondary tracking system, the primary being radar.

The system is used by air traffic control centres and on line tracking sites use private receivers worldwide to upload to their networks.

Please consider Premium Membership. Without Premium Member contributions Austech cannot operate.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

wotnot (01-05-22)

Banned
    Thanks

Sorry, I think I miss-stated what I said. I meant that I didn't think such aircraft would have such transponders active,
    such that the flight data would not be visible/available to the likes of FlightRadar. My apologies.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,905 Posts

To me it’s more likely the case that you will see what they want you to see and nothing more (and I don’t mean you literally).
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following User Says Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

enf (12-05-22)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    To me it’s more likely the case that you will see what they want you to see and nothing more (and I don’t mean you literally).
    I expect that's the logical answer.

I sometimes see military aircraft, sometimes not.

The same with local police choppers... they sometimes 'forget' to turn on their transponders.

By monitoring ATC comms, you can still get an idea of where they are though.

My FR24 account lets me replay all aircraft movements worldwide for 12 months.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Putins gotta love this........

Sent from my CPH2305 using Tapatalk

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

enf (01-05-22),lsemmens (02-05-22),mtv (01-05-22),Reschs (01-05-22),Uncle Fester (02-05-22)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

F! Putin! I love this!!!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    I expect that's the logical answer.

I sometimes see military aircraft, sometimes not.

The same with local police choppers... they sometimes 'forget' to turn on their transponders.

By monitoring ATC comms, you can still get an idea of where they are though.

My FR24 account lets me replay all aircraft movements worldwide for 12 months.
    Thanks for that, 'mtv'. And I understand what you are saying...!
    I agree with others too, that it must be a deliberate expose' , as part of the game!!

Banned
    Thanks

My entire life, is 'generally' for the 'underdogs' in life... This topic is NO exception...
    We ALL know of the myriad of 'Wars' throughout history, however, I THINK that THESE days, we put that STYLE of hatred and oppression
    into the realms of the past, and the World GENERALLY just gets along these days, and does not want to repeat the mistakes of the past...
    A mere year ago, I don't think ANYONE would have forecast what 'Putin' has done now... I absolutely HATE that they initially 'labeled' it a War!!!
    There was no WAR!!!... just an inhumane invasion & slaughter of/in the Ukraine. However... have they fought back??? YES!!! and so they should!

These days, the biggest threat to the 'civilized' World, are the Religious Wars, which are a WHOLE different kettle of fish!!!
    but that is not the case here... We have LITERALLY now gone back to the days of Hitler, & NAZI oppression!!! Mein Gott !!!!! sigh........

I always believed that the next 'World' war, will be a religious one, and a part of me says..."Bring it on, and finalize it!!"...
    But ####ing 'Putin' has jumped the gun, even when he knows so many Countries, & NATO, are so against him, so 'Die at any Cost!!'
    And does it 'surprise' the rest of the civilized World about the obvious Russian/China alliances... sigh... OF COURSE NOT!!!!!!
    Goodbye Planet...

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Was told when doing history at high school, no war is fought over religion, but in the name of religion. Every war is fought over wealth
    Just recently found out that Hitler invaded Poland due to the Reichstag had only one months money left in the kitty and he had to get some quickly or they were bank rupt
    Ukraine is very rich in resources and would add to Russia's wealth (and to the West's as well)
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

enf (12-05-22),wotnot (12-05-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    Was told when doing history at high school, no war is fought over religion, but in the name of religion. Every war is fought over wealth
    Just recently found out that Hitler invaded Poland due to the Reichstag had only one months money left in the kitty and he had to get some quickly or they were bank rupt
    Ukraine is very rich in resources and would add to Russia's wealth (and to the West's as well)
    Hmmm.....not totally convinced re Hitler, but it may be true. I guess this is pre plundering of europe, and pre stealing all the jewelry and teeth of the jews....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast