Thread: NX-12 Tamper Problems

Thanks

Default NX-12 Tamper Problems

Hi, I'm hoping someone with far more experience can help me - We have an NX12 installed. There was an issue with the tamper switch causing the alarm to repeatedly go off. I disconnected the tamper and reconnected it and that stopped it repeatedly going off. Everything seems to be working as expected, the tamper goes off as expected when the panel is opened and silences when closed (and the code is entered).

However there is still a problem, we have a rapidly flashing light on the tamper zone (8) - about twice as fast as a normal zone issue and the service light is on. #2 5 says that the tamper zone (8)is the problem despite it seemingly working as expected. Is there a way I can reset the service error?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doughnuts For This Useful Post:

arnabray (30-03-22)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

So it's just dawned on me that it may not be the box tamper but potentially the siren tamper - probably because of the recent storms. If so is there anyway I can address it?

Thanks

The panel tamper is normally linked to pins on the main board and would not trigger a zone number but would bring on the service light.

Most likely would be the siren box tamper.
    To reset try *7 on the alarm keypad.

Could be wiring issue (corroded connections) / tamper switch faulty in siren box.