Thread: Anyone know how to reset HRV system from wall control panel to its factory default?

Thanks

Default Anyone know how to reset HRV system from wall control panel to its factory default?

(update - oops, one problem of this purchase is that there is no summer kit temperature sensor in the package, and this is the critical component for the summer kit feature to function, otherwise the whole HRV system just works as the basic HRV system. The trademe seller said originally there was no temp sensor for the summer kit, which is very doubtful. Does anyone have the temp sensor for this model of summer kit to offer? Or do you know where I can find one of this type of temp sensor? As far as I know, there are very few families in New Zealand having this model of summer kit integrated into their HRV systems, and the chance of finding one of this type of temp sensor is even less. However this isn't urgent, as now the winter season is coming, no need to have the summer kit functioning until the next hot summer season comes. BTW this winter season will be a good chance for me to monitor and test this upgraded HRV system to see any difference from previously)

1) Recently I purchased a used HRV system (key components are the master and slave units, plus the wall control panel) + summer kit from its 1st owner who purchased it in late 2012 from , see the photo in my post in another website .

But when running the master unit without being connected to the power-on summer kit, there is error 11 (when the summer kit disconnected from the master unit) or error 10 (when the summer kit connected to the master unit, but powered off) shown on the wall control panel. When connecting to the power-on summer kit, there is no error, the whole system works well, and the summer kit can be controlled from the wall control panel. However a flexible, configurable integrated system like this should be able to enable/disable the summer kit feature on the wall control panel (or via other approaches), and after the summer kit feature being disable, the whole HRV system should work well as usual without error displayed on the wall control panel, even though not being connected to the power-on summer kit.

2) My own HRV system was brand new installed in my own property in mid 2010. It is the same HRV system (Arizona 5 system with 5 outlets, master and slave two units system, the wall control panel is with the round buttons, see another attached photo for this wall control panel in my post in another website ).

After testing the recently purchased HRV + summer kit system, with the above mentioned "issues", I tried to connect its summer kit to my own old HRV system via the data cable, powered on both of them, and they work well, the summer kit can be controlled from my own old wall control panel. This shows that my own old HRV system is compatible with this summer kit.

However the same "issues" of error 11 or error 10 is displayed on the wall control panel when my own HRV system is disconnected from the power-on summer kit.

In the past, my own old HRV system could work well on itself, but since working together with the summer kit, it can never work on its own if disconnected from the power-on summer kit.

I think from the wall control panel it should be able to reset/default the HRV system to its factory default setting, if this is achievable, my own old HRV system and the recently purchased HRV system can work well alone on itself again, even being disconnected from the power-on summer kit.

Does anyone know how to reset/default the HRV system from the wall control panel to its default factory setting?

3) On the good side, now it seems that I can upgrade my own old HRV system to the one with the summer kit feature, and have an additional HRV system as backup. So far my own old HRV system had two electronic/electrical faults, I fixed both of them, and now I have an additional HRV system as backup, making the situation even better. The summer kit isn't a mechanically 24x7 running system, unlike the master and slave motor fan units, so the summer kit has a lot less chance to be problematic.

The roof cavity of my property has been in very good condition, dry, clean and tidy, even in the very harsh, windy, rainstorm weather condition in the winter season, so there is no concern about the roof cavity environment could make impact to the operation status of the HRV system installed there.

Anyway it is still good to be able to enable/disable the summer kit feature from the whole system, so the HRV system itself can run on its own at will.
    Last edited by qiubosu; 15-04-22 at 06:58 PM.

Look Here ->