I really like (and have a lot of) 'Portable' apps, as there is no setting up, and can run everywhere...
I've found though, that Win-10 seems to have about 80% problem with running them now!!...
Yes, I've tried to research the problem, but there seems to be numerous links to numerous 'fixes', and although I've tried a LOT of them,
I've not had any success so far. Let me explain what I've noticed so far... When there is a problem, (most times!), upon running them,
there is an immediate unspecified problem Msg-Box, indicating an error number "0x8004005". Numerous link to this have confused me!

Stepping back a bit, I've noticed that there a 2 main types of 'Portables'. (Exposed upon UN-archiving them). The 'usual' ones to me, expand to a directory
containing the main executable like 'portable-xyz.exe', ALONG with built in sub-directories of the likes of 'App' and 'Data' or what ever, that is relative, and
looked for, by the main executable... THESE types seem to run/execute OK!! However...

A lot of other/old(?) portable-executables, After UN-archiving, ONLY have a single executable to run, with no other pre-defined sub-directories present?
In all of those cases, for Win-10, the 'portable-app' refuses to run, and immediately throws up the error mentioned above... Sigh...

HOWEVER, one of my 'VirtualBox' options is for 'Win-7'. Upon setting up a 'Shared-Folder', and putting the 'Portables' there with just the single Executable,
and running Win-7 in VirtualBox, they all work FINE!! Is there something that I am missing Re: Win-10???