Thread: Infinity S10 17" Gaming Laptop

Thanks

Default Infinity S10 17" Gaming Laptop

I recently got this used laptop, nothing wrong with it but it didn't come with any manual/instructions.

Searched everywhere, contacted Infinity, no results.

If anyone has a copy, or knows where I could one, I would be grateful.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,527 Posts

Cheap chinese knock-off, going to need exact model number

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Cheap chinese knock-off, going to need exact model number
    Thanks,

I know it's made in China, but still works ok though. The Model number is S10, the only other numbers on the back are GM7MP7S2202902234.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

What instructions do you need to know?

Computers don't typically come with instructions, other than perhaps a layout of connection ports, etc.
    Please consider Premium Membership. Without Premium Member contributions Austech cannot operate.

Thanks

That's what I was basically looking for because it's a gaming laptop and I didn't buy it for that purpose. Anyway I think I've solved most of the stuff. Problem really is that when I purchased it second hand, some of the settings were erased.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,527 Posts

...yeah, cheap chinese knock-off .... by that, I mean as far as the internet is concerned, there was never an Infinity laptop model S10 (there was an S1060 about a decade ago)....

...likewise, the device serial number of GM7MP7S2202902234 doesn't yield any hits either, but, that trailing bunch of numbers means this is a 'special order' ..ie; a specific makeup built for 1 distributor, based on some common ODM design (I've no idea who the ODM(s) are)...

....the only 'manual' for the thing, was likely a cheap quick-start/setup booklet in the box, in the very best chingEnglish ... and that was it ...ie; on the infinity website for their current models, there are no manuals available for download... and seeing as that the case, could be they opted not to include printed manual with the ODM, to save them $1 per unit ...and even if this was only a few MOQ order (5000 to 10000 units), saving a buck helps the bottom line. That is, this 'model' may have only existed for 1 or 2 batches... =)

My gut feeling is, it's a waste of time looking for a setup guide (if it existed), and only those who kept their original copy of whatever docs may have been included with that specific model, would be in a position to help .. but my hunch is, there's no manual to find 'coz it never existed (probably sitting in an archive in it's original Chinese 8)

Thanks

Well, I figured out everything except how to change the RGB keyboard and led under the touchpad.
    I didn't buy it for gaming, at 76 years I'm well over that (lol). But I just wanted to upgrade from my very old Windows 7 laptop.
    This one attracted me because I wanted a 17" screen and the following specs were a huge improvement from my old one.
    "Intel i7 2.3Ghz Windows 11 Home 16Gb RAM 2Tb SSD" .
    Found one review on Infinity ( 15" model ) which was quite positive, so I'm not too fussed about this purchase.
    As you can image, it performs a lot better from what I had been used to.

• The Following User Says Thank You to suptob For This Useful Post:

gulliver (03-02-24)