Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61

Thread: Federal Election Result - will we have actually have a winner?

  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,607
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 1,028 Times in 531 Posts
    Rep Power
    578
    Reputation
    18956

    Default Federal Election Result - will we have actually have a winner?

    Experts are indicating the ALP will get to 74 seats, short of the 76 required to form a majority government. The LNP will likely be stuck around 50 seats, so they will be well short.

    The LNP conceded last night, and the ALP have claimed a victory. However both Albanese and Morrison came out prior to the election stating they would not form a minority Government with others, and would only govern in their own right.



    Now we are in a situation where neither party will likely gain the majority required, and both have indicated they won't pander to minor parties or independents - so where does that leave us?

    The LNP are out, that leaves the ALP and Albanese to form a minority Government with others - and in doing so he will get into Government by going against one of his election promises.

    Hardly the ideal way for Albanese to start a term as PM, and if does do it, what does that say to the electorate about his honesty?

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

    enf (22-05-22),VroomVroom (23-05-22)



Look Here ->
  • #2
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    68
    Posts
    16,649
    Thanks
    15,664
    Thanked 31,057 Times in 8,186 Posts
    Rep Power
    12057
    Reputation
    566349

    Default

    They both lied. Albo will do whatever deals need to be done to get into government as it's all he cares about. The politicians that we continually elect always go back on their word. The ABC will defend Albos lies, Murdoch will attack the lies. If Morrison was in the seat, that would all be in reverse.

    We are stuck with it! As former ALP minister Graham Richardson said, we will be at the whim of those that stand for nothing. He was referring to Zali Steggall at the time, but it could apply to almost all of them.

    Down the gurgler for the working man is the most likely scenario IMO.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • #3
    Premium Member
    wotnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,364
    Thanks
    1,035
    Thanked 2,131 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Rep Power
    963
    Reputation
    42630

    Default

    There is always a sure loser ~ the voting public.

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

    enf (22-05-22),VroomVroom (23-05-22)

  • #4
    Senior Member
    fandtm666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,408
    Thanks
    222
    Thanked 918 Times in 425 Posts
    Rep Power
    1137
    Reputation
    39007

    Default

    think they will get the majority . they have 74 seats with 12 still to be awarded.

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

    allover (22-05-22),gulliver (22-05-22)

  • #5
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    68
    Posts
    16,649
    Thanks
    15,664
    Thanked 31,057 Times in 8,186 Posts
    Rep Power
    12057
    Reputation
    566349

    Default

    I hope so....they won't have to put up with the bullsh!t that previous governments have had to deal with.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (23-05-22),gulliver (22-05-22)

  • #6
    Senior Member
    Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Posts
    6,097
    Thanks
    2,173
    Thanked 4,185 Times in 2,391 Posts
    Rep Power
    1922
    Reputation
    77198

    Default

    The people have spoken and that is that they are sick of self centred politicians who don't give a rats about the voters unless it is close to an election.
    This is a wake up call for them to finally listen to what the people need and want.

    My electorate has actually become marginal seat, first time in decades because of a Teal.
    The Nationals can't believe it and have ordered a recount, they have learnt for the best...ahem.. maybe make a few hundred disrupting votes disappear.
    The Nationals dud (total climate change denier and lying mudslinger in the past) will still win because of One Nation preferences but now our electorate will be at least on the map for the first time.
    I am an arrogant, irritating RSole.

  • #7
    Senior Member CONAXLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    783
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 228 Times in 128 Posts
    Rep Power
    261
    Reputation
    2979

    Default

    No matter who gets in Greens, UAP Libs, Labour ,and been voted, Still have to work and pay taxes everyday.Everyone's counting on Albo,Scomo had his term and Victims of Bushfire never got a slice of the 25 million that were suppose to build their life and still living in caravans, and now the Flood victims..just will see the outcome from the Labour Party....

  • #8
    Senior Member
    Reschs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Outside a few schooners
    Posts
    2,905
    Thanks
    762
    Thanked 1,908 Times in 941 Posts
    Rep Power
    810
    Reputation
    28458

    Default

    The only good outcome of this Election is that Keneally is gone.

  • The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

    bss904 (23-05-22),eaglem (23-05-22),gulliver (23-05-22),Keith (24-05-22)

  • #9
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    68
    Posts
    16,649
    Thanks
    15,664
    Thanked 31,057 Times in 8,186 Posts
    Rep Power
    12057
    Reputation
    566349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reschs View Post
    The only good outcome of this Election is that Keneally is gone.
    That's a definite positive. The very symbol of the moronic wealthy latte left. Theres not much else, but so be it.

    I wonder how long it will be before we start to fully sell out to China so Richard Marles can have his speaches approved by the Chinese government without the attempted secrecy.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (23-05-22)

  • #10
    Super Moderator
    eaglem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Perth Western Australia
    Posts
    1,539
    Thanks
    7,279
    Thanked 873 Times in 364 Posts
    Rep Power
    429
    Reputation
    10090

    Default

    With Richard Marles as Deputy Prime Minister and Penny Wong as Foreign Minister and a weak Albo we may as well hand over the keys to Australia to the Chinese now. Forget about God Save the Queen and start thinking about God Save Australia.
    The Eagle Flies High!


  • #11
    Senior Member
    Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Posts
    6,097
    Thanks
    2,173
    Thanked 4,185 Times in 2,391 Posts
    Rep Power
    1922
    Reputation
    77198

    Default

    Why is it always black and white with you guys?!

    Fact is that under Coalition rule China was permitted to build a port in the NT.
    Fact is before Scomo's provocations we had a reasonable relation with China.
    Scomo excelled in bulldozing diplomatic relations in other countries too.

    And then we had Goebbels Dutton always talking up war(with China).
    Of course China sees that as a threat and would want to build a military base in the Solomons.

    Now that the rot is removed I am HOPING with intelligent and educated leaders we may again achieve a reasonable diplomatic relationship with China WITHOUT selling Australia by the pound or a threat to our sovereignty.

    As for militarisation of Australia, unless we have at least 10,000 land based missiles with 2000km range installed mainly along our north coast that can hit ANYTHING including incoming ICBMs, our defence will always remain a bit of fly poop for countries like China and Russia.
    Bully talk does not do us any good here, this not a footy field. This escalating tit for tat must end and the more intelligent country must be willing to take the first step.

    Currently we have Biden covering our back but relying on the USA when Trump's Republicans win next time? ...makes me shudder.

    Albo is probably on a plane for the QUAD meeting right now. I think we are in better hands.
    At least I am bit less worried than with the Bulldozer and his war mongrel.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 23-05-22 at 11:27 AM.
    I am an arrogant, irritating RSole.

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

    drummerboy (23-05-22),tristen (29-05-22)

  • #12
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    68
    Posts
    16,649
    Thanks
    15,664
    Thanked 31,057 Times in 8,186 Posts
    Rep Power
    12057
    Reputation
    566349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Why is it always black and white with you guys?!

    Fact is that under Coalition rule China was permitted to build a port in the NT.
    Fact is before Scomo's provocations we had a reasonable relation with China.
    Scomo excelled in bulldozing diplomatic relations in other countries too.

    And then we had Goebbels Dutton always talking up war(with China).
    Of course China sees that as a threat and would want to build a military base in the Solomons.

    Now that the rot is removed I am HOPING with intelligent and educated leaders we may again achieve a reasonable diplomatic relationship with China WITHOUT selling Australia by the pound or a threat to our sovereignty.

    As for militarisation of Australia, unless we have at least 10,000 land based missiles with 2000km range installed mainly along our north coast that can hit ANYTHING including incoming ICBMs, our defence will always remain a bit of fly poop for countries like China and Russia.
    Bully talk does not do us any good here, this not a footy field. This escalating tit for tat must end and the more intelligent country must be willing to take the first step.

    Currently we have Biden covering our back but relying on the USA when Trump's Republicans win next time? ...makes me shudder.

    Albo is probably on a plane for the QUAD meeting right now. I think we are in better hands.
    At least I am bit less worried than with the Bulldozer and his war mongrel.
    Black and white for US guys? ROFL, you are the most predictable minstrel I've ever read.

    Stand up to a bunch of totalitarian thugs and you are a war monger? Jeeez...get your speaches approved by them in secret like Marles? Sounds like diplomacy to me.

    The facts are that the ALP told the most believable lies this time around, that's all. Now, I'm happy enough. I actually believe in democracy and I hope the government does to. But the state ALP in WA and QLD made significant changes to their electoral laws to benefit themselves as soon as they could. I hope it stays there.

    As for your infatuation with Biden, it's laughable. Didn't he just dump the Afghans? Leaving billions of dollars of equipment there. He probably forgot where it is while he was looking for his pants. I wouldn't trust him any more than I trust Trump. And yes, I agree that the increasing likelihood of his re election is scary, but that's only Biden and the Democrats fault.

    All appeasing China will do is embolden them. That's all bending over to a thug ever does. Goebbels Dutton? FFS, how about Quisling Marles?....slinging meaningless and insulting names is typical of the sneering left.

    I hope it all works out, and I hope they get to govern without mindless independants doing damage.

    And we're black and white? F*ck me!
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

    VroomVroom (24-05-22)

  • #13
    Senior Member
    Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Posts
    6,097
    Thanks
    2,173
    Thanked 4,185 Times in 2,391 Posts
    Rep Power
    1922
    Reputation
    77198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Stand up to a bunch of totalitarian thugs and you are a war monger?
    I don't know what this 'standing up' was going to achieve, other than create an enemy!
    If you want an enemy the size if China then you better have LOCALLY a few million army personal, a massive weapon industry and plenty of nukes.

    It is not my business what a dictator is doing in his own country and with his own people, who adore and worship him.
    Just as much as it is not my business in the Philippines where the majority just voted the son of their former murderous Marshal Law Dictator, who amassed insane wealth from the people.

    These people do not want democracy, that is their decision.
    As long as they don't intend to invade us and we don't give them a reason to.


    Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    As for your infatuation with Biden, it's laughable. Didn't he just dump the Afghans? Leaving billions of dollars of equipment there. He probably forgot where it is while he was looking for his pants. I wouldn't trust him any more than I trust Trump. And yes, I agree that the increasing likelihood of his re election is scary, but that's only Biden and the Democrats fault.
    Afghanistan was arguably a lost case. Democracy would never have been achieved there even if the killing had gone on for more decades.
    However you must have missed that Biden has spent huge funds and sent a lot of equipment to help Ukraine fight for democracy, even though Ukraine does not have a pact with the USA.


    All appeasing China will do is embolden them. That's all bending over to a thug ever does.
    Nobody said anything about appeasing them.
    We are not making any territorial concessions by stopping this hideous talk about war.
    If they don't see us as a threat, they won't need to build a military base near our country.
    In the Spratly Islands they are building bases because the Philippines let them. Marcos is even more China friendly.
    As said, not our business or our problem as long as they don't pose a threat to us.


    Edit: ...and you are the definition of Black and white:
    It is either total lefties or the RIGHT way.
    I never see you suggest a path somewhere in between that could lead to a better outcome.
    That is all I am trying to do with all above and many of my past posts.
    You just immediately stamp me as some radical leftie if I disagree with Scomo/Dutton/Trump and the likes.

    I am so sick of this black/white, leftie/right shyte
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 23-05-22 at 03:26 PM.
    I am an arrogant, irritating RSole.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

    tristen (29-05-22)

  • #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    170

    Default

    I hope Anthony can order his communication's minister to kill The MTM NBN version which $50 Billion has been wasted on and restore the building of the FTTP to 93% of the population version that Labor had commenced and was trashed by Turnbull.

  • The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drummerboy For This Useful Post:

    gulliver (23-05-22),lsemmens (23-05-22),Uncle Fester (23-05-22)

  • #15
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    68
    Posts
    16,649
    Thanks
    15,664
    Thanked 31,057 Times in 8,186 Posts
    Rep Power
    12057
    Reputation
    566349

    Default

    You mean the one they started and accomplished less than 1% despite lying that it was all on track. The man in charge, Stephen Conroy, has even admitted they got the whole thing wrong. From no business case all the way to not involving the incumbent Telco, something he was warned by the infrastructure industry he had to do.

    Although I thank Turnbull for giving me SOME sort of broadband, it could be better I suppose. Even if I can do everything that needs doing with what I now have. Canberra was at the end of Labors install plan and at the pace they were going, it was never going to happen.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    170

    Default

    An explanation for the delay.
    NBN Co blamed the cutting of targets on its contractors.

    This week it took over responsibility for the construction in the Northern Territory from contractor Syntheo.

    Syntheo will continue to manage the rollout in Western Australia and South Australia.
    "We are accountable for the delay and are disappointed it as occurred," Mr Quigley said.
    A spokesman for Communications Minister Stephen Conroy said there were short term challenges in a 10-year infrastructure project which would be overcome

  • #17
    LSemmens
    lsemmens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rural South OZ
    Posts
    10,002
    Thanks
    11,464
    Thanked 6,702 Times in 3,132 Posts
    Rep Power
    2967
    Reputation
    125300

    Default

    I watched the concession speech and the acceptance speech on Saturday night. My viewpoint was, If Albo had spruiked all that prior to the election, he might have won by a landslide. Instead all they did was spend their time rubbishing the opposition. I am firmly on the libs side of politics (NO they did not get my first vote but they were ahead of Labor) but I am not so one eyed to think that the sun shines out of their posteriors. I wish Albo well, and if he continues as he has in the last couple of days, we might actually have a good government.

    Personally I feel that we should be voting for a board to run the country and they, then, employ people to look after the various portfolios. Those people's job security would not then be dependant upon the electorate and the Board would only have oversight much like any listed company along with the rights and remedies under corporate law.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

  • #18
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    68
    Posts
    16,649
    Thanks
    15,664
    Thanked 31,057 Times in 8,186 Posts
    Rep Power
    12057
    Reputation
    566349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    An explanation for the delay.
    NBN Co blamed the cutting of targets on its contractors.

    This week it took over responsibility for the construction in the Northern Territory from contractor Syntheo.

    Syntheo will continue to manage the rollout in Western Australia and South Australia.
    "We are accountable for the delay and are disappointed it as occurred," Mr Quigley said.
    A spokesman for Communications Minister Stephen Conroy said there were short term challenges in a 10-year infrastructure project which would be overcome
    There are so many links....sigh! Of course it was blamed on the contractor...jeeez

    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    170

    Default

    Have you considered the Maintenance cost of the copper in the FTTN parts of the network ?

  • #20
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    68
    Posts
    16,649
    Thanks
    15,664
    Thanked 31,057 Times in 8,186 Posts
    Rep Power
    12057
    Reputation
    566349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Have you considered the Maintenance cost of the copper in the FTTN parts of the network ?
    Yes, of course. But it's irrelevant in the context of where the NBN was at due to the way the government put the whole deal together. It was a clusterf*ck.

    It isn't much better now, but at least I have something that runs at a speed all the internet vacuumers around here can use at once. My own puny use is nothing.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •