Thread: Piracy. Anyone Notice Something Familiar?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,108 Times in 9,100 Posts

Default Piracy. Anyone Notice Something Familiar?

The more things change, the more thay stay the same.....

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (18-07-22),eaglem (19-07-22),efab (18-07-22),fred49au (19-07-22),gulliver (18-07-22),Johnno (19-07-22),Landytrack (23-07-22),lsemmens (18-07-22),Tiny (19-07-22),wotnot (18-07-22)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,537 Posts

Poor sick puppies =) Lots of highlights in that article....

“That said, at this point I’ve got Disney+, Binge, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Stan. It’s out of control and I’ll be damned if I also pay for Paramount+.”
    LOL.... that either looks like a nasty habit to me....or else I wonder what sort of a life they haven't got....to have that much spare time on their hands, to watch the content offered by so many steaming services =)

Due to licensing agreements, Line of Duty’s sixth season is only available on BritBox, yet another streaming service.
    Hahaha...bzzzt!...the wrong buzzer...the 6th season is available on youtube ; AU$19.95 ...own it for life, for the cost of 2months subscription to a streaming service ; do the math.....oh, you did the math?...yeah, HDMI capture is no biggy - as long as you're willing to toss up your CC credentials for the free 7day trial, one could capture/record all 6 seasons in less than that time, and cancel your 'free' trial period....sigh.... =)

“I was like: ‘does [torrent search site] Pirate Bay still exist?’, how do you download stuff?” Will said of his return to piracy. “And it’s definitely still there and it’s easier than working out what streaming service a show is on.”
    Bloody hell...where do they find these muppets? Of course TPB still exists, but if you go anywhere near it on the over-net, you're going to need a VPN....(it's easier going on the under-net, but then there's lots better repos for this stuff than TPB in that realm)...why do you need a VPN?....because....

Does pirating make Will feel guilty? “No, not really, they’re just big companies aren’t they,” he said.
    There are a lot of torrent sites out there, that don't mandate the use of a VPN ; this means the download(s) can be tracked back to *you* --- then they'll just be 'big companies' taking you to court ; it hardly ever happens but that's the risks =)

Meanwhile...on YT...there are so many videos of movies/teevee shows, that have been flipped/inverted with sound tracks reversed, that never get detected ; youtube-dl -> transcode -> watch movie ; save it for later viewing ...

However...you're right enf -- newspaper journos still haven't learnt how to grow a clue B^)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

eaglem (19-07-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,240 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    The more things change, the more thay stay the same.....

…and here come the ads, again…
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

eaglem (19-07-22),enf (18-07-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

It'a amazing how "Highway Robbery" creates "Piracy".......... the entertainment industry over prices their products DVD's etc and wonders why the buying public turn to Piracy to reduce some of the outrageous costs. It is a vicious cycle that starts with moneygrabbing practices!
    The Eagle Flies High!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eaglem For This Useful Post:

enf (20-07-22),peteramjet (19-07-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,108 Times in 9,100 Posts

What everyone forgets is the basic things of life....as the cost of living increases, and at a frightening rate atm, there is just less loot in the average household to spend on this sh!t. Ergo....

It's not rocket science....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (21-07-22),Landytrack (23-07-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

What everyone forgets is the basic things of life....as the cost of living increases, and at a frightening rate atm
    Aught to do with topic, but the frightening rate bit...basic things.....around 9 months ago, I bought a new tungsten saw chain for the Stihl 039 gas-axe ...$160.

It needs a sharpen (send out job, $40)...so I just rock up to buy a new chain, and drop the worn chain off for service...FFS that didn't go as planned -- now a new tungsten cutting chain is $275!!

Apparently this has something to do with the fact tungsten largely comes out of the Ukraine?....chainsaw's a pretty basic thing of life out in the country, but there's -lots- of stuff relying on tungsten.

Me thinks things are going to get a lot worse, before they get any better... =^/

Landytrack (23-07-22)

Thanks

There’s a huge scheelite / tungsten mine on King Island that was mothballed years ago, when the prices weren’t that great. They have been talking about starting it up again…

Back on topic, at present every man and his dog wants to replicate the early success of Netflix. I guess most of them will go broke trying and we’ll end up with a few dominant players. As a matter of principle, I refuse to both pay and be subjected to advertisements. I can’t understand why anyone puts up with Foxtel… it just needs to die. Either pay or put up with ads. Not both.
    Last edited by shred; 19-07-22 at 08:41 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to shred For This Useful Post:

wotnot (19-07-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

....The Complete List of Streaming Services in 2022 – 200+ Services ....could we imagine 200+ brands of cars?...200+ different brands of mobilephone providers?...

Rules of Acquisition #10 ....Greed is Eternal =)

eaglem (21-07-22)

Thanks

when it costs 20 bucks to go to the cinema and the majority of tv shows are yrs behind
    the usa or spread accross so may providers how can they not expect piracy.
    shit a blind man can see it why cant they

greed always leads to some one wanting to fook them

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

Shi... 200+ streaming services if you want to be complete ??
    Why join the Navy when you can be a Pirate.

I still remember when it was was like being a pirate to watch Netflix in Australia with a little Roku box. US address from real estate listing, virtual credit card, etc.
    Instructions were also on this forum.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

eaglem (21-07-22),Landytrack (23-07-22),lsemmens (20-07-22)