Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My strange 5G issues that I cannot understand

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5GRUBBISH View Post
    The only regret about with the copy Chaparral style twin feed horn is I cant get RHCP for the ABC Channel on Intelsat 18 180 Degrees East.
    Well I fixed this yesterday. See I always used RHCP on my duo2 and the channel ABC Australia was good with LINEAR feedhorn that done V and H but swapping the original LNBF either standard or the 5G one I have pictures on TV with ABC Australia but when I swapped the setup to the Chapperal twin LNB I could not get RHCP for the ABC Australia Intelsat18 so what did I do to fix it? Told the receive it was horizontal not RHCP and bingo I have good strong Picture with no 5G Rubbish.
    The Funny thing is, with the original LNB ABC on Intelsat 18 was badly effected with 5G so when I changed the LNBF to a 5G (3.7-4.2) ABC Australia was very good but was useless on Asiasat 5 and most V and H on other satellites but the twin LNB Chapperal set up has fixed 95% of the issues and the reason why I say 95% not 99% is because for some reason ( I know) on Asiasat 5 100 east one transponder has started pixelation on 3840H (Angel TV, EuroNews, TVE Interenational) Yes I know whats causing it its because I'm using 3.7 -4.2 GHZ LNB not using LNB's 3.8-4.1 LNB's.. By the way I found out the other day that my Mini LNB's used on my set on the Chapparal twin feed horn they are 5G 3.7-4.2Ghx LNBs pity, they dont make them 3.8-4.1 otherwise I will get a set as I want to see what TX I will lose from 3.7 to 3.8GhZ or 4.1-to 4.2 GHZ and surprising I have a few channel in this spectrum.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

on Asiasat 5 100 east one transponder has started pixelation on 3840H (Angel TV, EuroNews, TVE Interenational)
    I checked this transponder last night and it was spot on, no issues with pixelating but I also noticed that the Quality was higher like 59-60 (normally) not what it was before when it was pixelation 53-54. Now I watched EuroNews for about 1,1/2 hours (Trying to fall asleep) and then I saw a clinch on the picture and I notice that the quality number was 57 not like it was before 59-60. Surely It cant be that critical, I say that this transponder is just over my threshold on my 2.3m dish.
    Most people that have a 3.0M Dish wouldn't noticed anything because of the extra gain the 3.0 M dish gives them. Any Comment will be welcome to prove this.

Thanks

on Asiasat 5 100 east one transponder has started pixilation on 3840H (Angel TV, EuroNews, TVE Interenational)
    This transponder active for a few years, having an FEC 5/6 always require MER 1dB more gain, If it was 3/4 like 3860MHz Ver, you wouldn't have had pixilation's or dropouts.

• The Following User Says Thank You to B52 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    This transponder active for a few years, having an FEC 5/6 always require MER 1dB more gain, If it was 3/4 like 3860MHz Ver, you wouldn't have had pixilation's or dropouts.
    Other Transponder stay stable Asiasat 5 but on not 3840H, it up and down sometime like a yo yo. I wish I had a 3M dish but 3m size dish attracts winger to complain to the council about the size of the dish

Thanks

Well I'm finished with my project. The protecting Cover for the twin feedhorn and twin LNB's took me 4 days to finish, yea a bit of time as I had to cut the side out for the Vertical section to protrude + I had to prime it, and paint it.

I like it, The cover came from Bunnings, I purchased two of them, stuffed the first one but succeeded on the second bucket that can be used for anything you want. For me its a protector for LNB's from Rain and the Sun.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    As of late 3695Mhz become active, used by Vodafon/TPG.. totally overwhelming the 3700 and above frequencies. Once the interference pass through the LNB amplification the whole 3.7-4.2GHz spectrum become effected... The newer 5G 3.8-4.1 GHz work well, the downside is that transponders below 3800Mhz can not be received.

Hi
    Do you know if A381 A382 are actually PLL, and if they are better than the titaniumsatellites LNB 5G that are DRO

Thanks

Well the job is just about finished except for the rain hat but all I can say the new scalar ring has added a few quality bars in the system. Yes most Transponder on Asiasat 5 that were Example 52-53 in Quality now they are 60-61. Some more, "Eg 52- 53 Now they are 70-72. When it come to Pixelation its Totally 100% gone. The one 3726V Macau Satellite TV does not load at all well that was before but its loads now but has 50% pixalating but its 3726V.
    So the Copy of Chapparal twin feedhorn and two cheap mini LNB's have fixed the Issue. look no filters as the two filters supplied have effected the Horizontal channel. The 2 X 3.7 Ghz to 4.2GHz Filters would not work at all. The LNB's are 3.7 GHZ to 4.2 GHZ.
    Anyhow Thanks all for all your help, and 3 cheers for the Super Scalar Ring.
    You had to modify the focal length for C Band Super Feedhorn Scalar Ring?

I want to install it on a 3.4 m dish

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by espaun206 View Post

The focal distance always as per the dish manufacturers specifications. That point is measured from the dish center plate to around 10mm inside the LNB throat.. In other words, You drive the LNB towards the dish centre so if the focal distance is say 900mm you'd measure from the dish center plate to the LNB 890mm... On the super feed the outer shroud edge will passed the LNB, After setup. you should have more than enough signal to lock on the transponders... Using a sat meter tweak the lnb Focal distance for the best signal and V/H orientation.
    Last edited by B52; 15-09-22 at 03:45 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by espaun206 View Post

Sorry I missed your post.

Like B52 has said (think it was him or CONAXLE) throw the rule book out the window with this super horn , get a clip board out with a new A4 paper and test,test,test that give you the biggest gain, don't be in a hurry take you time. I found my focal was about 18 MM out more out than the original one that I have used for years and that perfect on the other scalar ring. work that out.
    Yes I had to drill the 4 arms on the dish end with a new hole PLUS had to FILE the other end about 1mm from the end to give me the lengths for the new Focal point (PS PULL IT OUT FURTHER) Used a sat meter to peak in, also because of my unique system (Chapparal) I also move the LNBS separate Left and Right to peak them in to suit the weaker satellite "eg" Asiasat 5
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 17-09-22 at 02:00 PM.

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123