Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My strange 5G issues that I cannot understand

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    As of late 3695Mhz become active, used by Vodafon/TPG.. totally overwhelming the 3700 and above frequencies. Once the interference pass through the LNB amplification the whole 3.7-4.2GHz spectrum become effected... The newer 5G 3.8-4.1 GHz work well, the downside is that transponders below 3800Mhz can not be received.

After digging around I found yesterday the exact telco tower that has given me the issue (like you said) and its Vodafone and TPG. Yeah speaking to a guy on ebay that now sell ONLY 3.8 to 4.1 5G LNB and he is pissed off because he is stuck with 3.7 to 4.2 LNB that he cannot sell except for country area that does not have 5G

Now I know why I cannot use the Mediastar G 5052 3.7 to 4.2 5G as it just about useless but what bothered me is Horizontal channel's around the similar frequencies are full of pixalation on Asiasat 5 or other sats so this one the 5052 must only work with Vertical only because it does not do nothing on any Horizontal transponders. The Mediastar G5052 5G Filter ( i have now) LNB only fixed RAI and RTP International on 3860 V S2, 8psk, 30000, 3/4 and that it but once again any frequencies similar on H does not do anything

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

As of late 3695Mhz become active, used by Vodafon/TPG.. totally overwhelming the 3700 and above frequencies. Once the interference pass through the LNB amplification the whole 3.7-4.2GHz spectrum become effected... The newer 5G 3.8-4.1 GHz work well, the downside is that transponders below 3800Mhz can not be received.

The Mediastar A 382 F is the one that has 2 outputs ? True.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5GRUBBISH View Post
    The Mediastar A 382-F is the one that has 2 outputs ? True.
    A381 single, A382 has 2 outputs.

• The Following User Says Thank You to B52 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

HELP!!
    Well today I played with my Chapparal feedhorn with 2 filters plus 2 LNBs.
    Now this is my findings. Only used the Chapparal with two LNB for V and H, For starters forget the Filters.
    Just for testing I left the filters away so I connected the LNB ONLY on the vertical, the one that goes straight through and the LNB is on the end then I connected the horizontal which is connected on the other flange. But this chapparal feedhorn is not like my other one that I have that has the horizontal on its side looking straight into the chamber ( no 90 Deg Elbo). It has no what I think is called a wave guide, no tube, no rubber, no nothing. Its just straight through but the one I got has a tube/pipe going through the main chamber of the feedhorn to the horizontal flange so whats happening now, I can get vertical okay without the filter e.g. Asiasat 5 - (Tested inside the House) RAI Channel, RTP International, The Vatican Media and also the 2 Biss channels Feed channels which are vertical like RAI. I get them 100% perfectly. Not one glitch after 20 minutes of viewing, not even a single glitch and yet im not running the filter not unless the LNB has some filtering inside it. But when it comes to horizontal I get sweet f..k all. I cannot pick any channel on horizontal. All i get on my sat finder is a very low Quality and no lock on H. Even on the BBC WORLD SERVICE 4132 H its the only channel that gives me a lock.

Now im either doing something wrong (ive swapped LNBs to see if one LNB is a Dud so when i swapped the two there was no changes). So either this chapparal feedhorn (big losses on the H section) that I think is called a wave guide a tube that goes from the main chamber to the horizontal section that has to many losses thus the poor signal or no lock signal on just about every horizontal channel on Asiasat 5. Or i might be doing something wrong.

I have calculated the scaler ring and the LNB according position to my dish focal point and F/D ratio which is 0.41 and the Chaparral chart says 0.2 of a inch which is 5MM (LNB) that protrudes outside the scaler ring. Just for info,The Vert Channels on Asiasat 5 "eg" RAI and the other have the same Ber and Quality as before with the old setup.
    Can anyone suggest why I do not get any fair signal except for the BBC WORLD SERVICE channels on horizontal on Asiasat 5. Trust me, i found the peak spot for vertical and on horizontal so on Horizontal I moved it slowly 2mm a time either side for about 10-15mm each way to see if Horizontal got any better but it didn't.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 22-06-22 at 06:59 PM.

Thanks

Does your receiver does DVB-S2 QPSK, The weather also take effect, make sure that when you do your adjustments that it's a sunny clear day and not windy. Also the shape of the dish, Shallow dish as compared with deep dish.
    A 2.4 Mesh dish should be ok to catch most of the channels off Asiasat 5 and 7.
    Also, If you can get a meter with Spectrum Analyzer it would be good as as I found it more accurate than a meter with Signal strength and quality.
    I remember adjusting a 2.4 mesh off my neighbor a while back it was very touchy and also not knowing the 5G intereference.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CONAXLE View Post
    Does your receiver does DVB-S2 QPSK, The weather also take effect, make sure that when you do your adjustments that it's a sunny clear day and not windy. Also the shape of the dish, Shallow dish as compared with deep dish.
    A 2.4 Mesh dish should be ok to catch most of the channels off Asiasat 5 and 7.
    Also, If you can get a meter with Spectrum Analyzer it would be good as as I found it more accurate than a meter with Signal strength and quality.
    I remember adjusting a 2.4 mesh off my neighbor a while back it was very touchy and also not knowing the 5G intereference.
    Yes it was a good day, No clouds No wind, Perfect day.
    No I think is more than that. The simple sat meter tells me with a buzzer when I have lock and tells me (3840V only on RAI, RTP, Vatican or any other Vert Channels like other frequencies the two IMG Feed channels are ok outside and inside the house) and tells me Sig ,and quality are the same like before with the old setup BUT Now I HAVE NO yes NO 5G interference at all, yes no filter. After this I remove the V cable from the LNB from the simple sat meter and replace it with the V cable that goes into the house and check it with my Vu Duo 2 (inside the house)it has DVB S and S2 box with Blackhole image in it) and find all Vertical Channels all running one more time WITH NO 5G TI AT ALL WOW!!!! but once again I'm not worried about Vertical Channels Why do I get no Horizontal Channels on my Simple Sat Meter, Forget going to inside the house to check on my Vu Duo 2 as I get nothing outside except for BBC World service that has a reduced Sig or Quality. Something wrong here. Normally Horizontal channels are the same or stronger but I get NOTHING!!!
    I say the issue is caused by the Horizontal section of the Chapparal Feed horn as it has that pipe or what you want to call it going from the main chamber to the Horizontal section/flange that reduces the Sig/Quality by a mile or something that I dont understand about this Chapparal feed horn.

Have a look as my one is Chinese copy of the Original. LOOK at the Tube that goes from the Main tube to the side Horizontal section, This could be the issue. Now I have another offset dish (1.8M) that uses a Cronical Feed horn and other and has two flanges (vertical at the end) where the Horizontal flange goes at 90 Degrees in not like the one below.
    I don't know nothing about this type of feed horn. who knows maybe I have to move the complete centre by 90 Degrees, Example say I'm on 6 o,clock move it to 9 o,clock, or 3 o,clock try again but dont use 12 o, clock. I have not tried this, ran out of Sun Light.

Last edited by Mr 672A; 23-06-22 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks

The other aspect I can think of to increase your signal quality is to buy one of these Scalar Rings , I bought one from Opac in Sydney. It increased the signal quality by 15-20 % .You have to re-calculate your Focal length again as it takes trial and error. Believe me it works specially on a 2.4 mesh dish..

Thanks

Tried this afternoon.
    I moved the LNB's center on the scaler ring like the picture above CONAXLE Post 90 Degrees and nothing, Then I moved it 180 Degrees and I found Vertical again and still have the issue with horizontal, Very low power the exactly like I had before on Horizontal. I had a good read on other sites and they say very low losses on Chapparal Feed horn. Got my stumped.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 23-06-22 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks

The other aspect I can think of to increase your signal quality is to buy one of these Scalar Rings , I bought one from Opac in Sydney. It increased the signal quality by 15-20 % .You have to re-calculate your Focal length again as it takes trial and error. Believe me it works specially on a 2.4 mesh dish..
    Found it on Ebay.

I'm just about to give up with that expensive lemon I bough as I should not wasted my $530 on this setup a chapparal with twin Filters and two LNB's all because of 5G. There is something wrong with my Setup as I'm only using the twin feed horn and the two lnb's and that's it, NO FILTERS. I calculated the Correct Focal Distance which is 932MM, cut a stick at 922MM that allows 10MM inside the throat of the LNB and made the 4 struts to fit on the scaler ring at the F/D Ratio I had to use according to Chapparal guide and that is 0.2 of a inch and that 2 MM outside/in front of the scaler ring and bolted the struts in and thats it.
    I Have fitted a few 2.3 Dishes before never struck a issue like this but yet I never used a twin port Chapparal feed before but I have working today for over 10 years a C Band 1.8m offset dish with a twin lnb setup, one at the end is Vertical and one cheap LNB 90 degrees is Horizontal and works 100% but has no wave guide or what they call it that goes from H to V.

The other thing That I like to state is this $530 Lemon has to have the WORST EVER Scaler ring Supplied I ever seen in 20 Years, you would this that Paying $530 for the set up you will get a better quality Scaler ring but the one supplied is a Shocker as its only 13 mm thick and needed re tapping the holes to get the screw through.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 23-06-22 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks

Red face

Bought it.

Thanks

Will have the new scalar ring by next Tuesday, Wednesday and if its not raining I will have a Go. I hope that the scalar ring supplied with my Chapperal set up is the issue as I read a report on a US site that poor scalar rings can causes the issue like I have. The scalar ring in question that came with the twin feed horn, Filter and LNb's only has a depth of 13mm not like others that are a minimum of 18MM.
    I would like to ask you some quetions.

1/ No doubt this new scalar ring is for 4 struts, I have 4 Struts so how does the typical standard struts fits in the slots of the scalar ring, Enough room to fit or slide past the slot.

2/ When you talk about re-calculate FOCAL POINT the focal point should be the same as I calculated the Focal point on my 2272mm Dish (they call it 2.3M Dish) to be 932 MM so I cut a timber 16MM dowel to be 10 MM less (922MM) as you need at least 10MM to go inside the feed horn throat for a typical LNBF or in my case a Chapperal and you measure it from the base of the dish to the nose or the tip of the Feed Horn or in my case the chapperal twin Feed horn (V and H LNB) set up.
    Now remember the F/L is 932MM but to make it easier I cut the stick 10MM less (922MM) because its hard to measure 932MM with 10MM inside the Throat of any feed horn. Since is the case what Am I missing to change the Focal Point from the calculated method.

3/ My Calculation or better still The Web site tell me my dish has a Focal point of 932MM and has a F/D Ratio on the LNB of 0.41 but my Chapperal tells me nothing (PS: No F/D marks on my Chapperal Feedhorn "eg" F/D 0.40, 0.41m 0.42 et) so you measure what protrudes when the feed horn goes outside the scalar ring and since my dish has a F/D ratio of 0.41 Chapparal tell me on there chart THAT IS HARD TO SEE, (found slightly better on the internet) my feed horn should go out only 0.2 of a inch and that's 5MM from the scalar ring out. Now that not much only 5MM and I have suspicion that could be one of the reason what I have poor Sig and Quality. This Chapparal set up has confused me as there is no F/D marking on it and there a conflicting Information on the same thing but on differemt sites on the Internet so what do you do except to test both.

Now if I think of Other I will put them up later.
    Once again Thanks .
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 24-06-22 at 05:49 PM.

Thanks

Looks like a knockoff of the old ADL feedhorn. this one looks tidier with cutouts to suit Dynasat dishes. This feedhorn provide better illumination of the dish, about MER 1dB improvement on 8' (2.4m) dish.
    Last edited by B52; 25-06-22 at 03:06 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to B52 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Breaking News, ALL FIXED YEAH!!!
    I decided to go to youtube and saw a video on Chapperal that a guy had and I noticed that he said the Horizontal LNB was in the middle and the vertical LNB was on the outside. My one was opposite. Now remember when I said I checked the 6 o'clock position and only the 12 o'clock position would work. No 9 and 3 o'clock position but after changing the LNBs around 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock was the correct position. So i selected 9 o'clock position just for testing and all horizontal channels lit up like a Christmas tree and so did all of the vertical too.

Now I have the cheapest scalar ring that came with the kit which is 13mm thickness which is not recommended to use (my superduper scalar ring is coming soon). I was able to get all horizontal channels on asiasat 5, yes ALL and none of them have any pixelation whatsoever and I am not using a filter. Because if I use the filter (3.7 to 4.2 GHZ) then half the horizontal channels do not work so all I got is the chaparral feedhorn with 2 flanges, one for vertical and one for horizontal and two cheapo mini LNBs. Everything works good, the best ever. Now lets see what happens when I get my super duper scalar ring.

Question: why has my 5G interference gone? Im using just a cheap scalar ring, a chaparral dual feedhorn and two simple mini LNBs that you can grab and hold in the palm of your hand and yet I have no interference whatsoever on any vertical and horizontal channels and I hope it stays that way when i put my super duper scalar ring on. I got a feeling that the dual feedhorns could be the reason where my TI has gone. Its like Telco towers went back to the analog days. By the way all measurements was thrown out the window, Had to start fresh on what the set up needed.

Look at the video or look at the time of 5min 55 seconds on. My one is exactly the same but have different mini LNB's
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 25-06-22 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks

I tested Asiasat 5 last night and all channel work except for two. The one 3726V Macau Satellite TV does not load at all but the 3784H TDM Macau loads and can be found and the picture goes drops in and out 90% of the time. 3840H is strong and does not pixalate at all same (the other end) as 4132 BBC World Feeds + the 4166V EBU FEEDS on V as it strong as a OX and does not pixelate at all. Everything in between it 100% ok.
    Now I have the Chapparal Feed horn with the two LNB's covered by a bag as I dont want them to get wet if it rains as I have for testing purposes only no rubber gaskets fitted yet, The plastic bag blocks part of the dish, cable in front of the dish and it works ok. I hope when I get my super duper scalar ring and everything tired up nice neat job I hope its the same with more Quality gain because of better scalar ring.

The other thing that gets me is the F/D Ratio as chapparal says on multiple sites the F/D is measure from your dish size, and measured to the middle then calc and I get 0.41 but when I look at Chapperal site or whats on the internet it says the FEEDHORN F/D 0.41 = 0.2 of a inch (5MM) in front of the scalar ring but Sig and Quality nothing. My focal distance is back to 909MM like it has been for 8 years (NEW setting that does not work at all is 932MM) and the FEEDHORN is in front of the scalar ring 36MM not 5MM.
    Look at the he Video again and you will see that the FEEDHORN is more than 5MM in front of the Scalar ring its like about 30 to 40MM in front yet Chapparal says 0.2 of a inch which is 5MM. Got me stumped.

Have a look at the Chapparal Instructions.

Also look at the Video again to see how far the feed horn come out of the Scalar Ring.

Last edited by Mr 672A; 26-06-22 at 02:47 PM.

Thanks

Looks like a knockoff of the old ADL feedhorn. this one looks tidier with cutouts to suit Dynasat dishes. This feedhorn provide better illumination of the dish, about MER 1dB improvement on 8' (2.4m) dish.

I hope my copy of this has the same slot cut outs to fit my Joysat 2.3M struts.

Thanks

Well the job is just about finished except for the rain hat but all I can say the new scalar ring has added a few quality bars in the system. Yes most Transponder on Asiasat 5 that were Example 52-53 in Quality now they are 60-61. Some more, "Eg 52- 53 Now they are 70-72. When it come to Pixelation its Totally 100% gone. The one 3726V Macau Satellite TV does not load at all well that was before but its loads now but has 50% pixalating but its 3726V.
    So the Copy of Chapparal twin feedhorn and two cheap mini LNB's have fixed the Issue. look no filters as the two filters supplied have effected the Horizontal channel. The 2 X 3.7 Ghz to 4.2GHz Filters would not work at all. The LNB's are 3.7 GHZ to 4.2 GHZ.
    Anyhow Thanks all for all your help, and 3 cheers for the Super Scalar Ring.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

hazman (29-06-22)

Thanks

Smile

Argggh!! The only thing that I have to complain about is the Super Scalar ring, the 8 threaded holes for the Struts. I found them to be lose with there bolts or even my stainless bolts and it did not take to much time to strip the holes. But on the other side of things I did test and test and test again until I got the Best Quality that I can get on a 2.3M dish. By doing these test the Bolts were tightened and loosened a few times.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 30-06-22 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5GRUBBISH View Post
    Well the job is just about finished except for the rain hat but all I can say the new scalar ring has added a few quality bars in the system. Yes most Transponder on Asiasat 5 that were Example 52-53 in Quality now they are 60-61. Some more, "Eg 52- 53 Now they are 70-72. When it come to Pixelation its Totally 100% gone. The one 3726V Macau Satellite TV does not load at all well that was before but its loads now but has 50% pixalating but its 3726V.
    So the Copy of Chapparal twin feedhorn and two cheap mini LNB's have fixed the Issue. look no filters as the two filters supplied have effected the Horizontal channel. The 2 X 3.7 Ghz to 4.2GHz Filters would not work at all. The LNB's are 3.7 GHZ to 4.2 GHZ.
    Anyhow Thanks all for all your help, and 3 cheers for the Super Scalar Ring.
    The only regret about with the copy Chaparral style twin feed horn is I cant get RHCP for the ABC Channel on Intelsat 18 180 Degrees East. I say because Vertical LNB is on the outside position of the Feed Horn and it does not screw enough. I can test this theory by making the set up (Re-Adjust the skew on the feed horn) to get the ABC on Intelsat 18 but will lose out on Asiasat 5 100 Degrees East. Yes I have a big sweep from 100 degrees East to 177W.
    What do you think. By the way I need maximum signal on the 2.3M dish to keep the 5G rubbish away otherwise all is good so far.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 06-07-22 at 12:35 PM.

Thanks

You have to cut a piece of Persflex Plastic and place it on the throat of your feedhorn. A 2.3m is little on the bordrline for Intelsat 18C. I advised a 3 meter + for Intelsat 18C, Especially Circular signals...
    Last edited by CONAXLE; 07-07-22 at 04:13 PM. Reason: insert image..

Thanks

You have to cut a piece of Persflex Plastic and place it on the throat of your feedhorn. A 2.3m is little on the bordrline for Intelsat 18C. I advised a 3 meter + for Intelsat 18C, Especially Circular signals...
    I was getting it on a 2.3M dish barely and I was wondering why I dont get it now. yes I have one of those plates that I got from another feed horn years ago but I think If I use it it will effect signal quality on V and H on linear Satellites. When I have more time and it stops raining on the days that I home I will do testing for this plus the skewing the Horizontal and Vertical LNB on its mounts as I have noticed if you turn the LNB (twin Feed horn) lnb left or right or one side or the other way you pick up quality "eg" 56 to 58 in quality on your sat finder. Now because it does this how does this effect ABC on Intelsat 18.

By the way the mini LNB's that I have uses that was supplied with my kit the LNB are 5G Yes Mini 5G Interfering LNB rated at 3.7 to 4.2GHZ and with 5g around they get all transponder between 3725 to 3800 MHZ on Asiasat 7 105 Deg East.

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast