My expensive Sauber Si200 Vacuum cleaner decided to die on the weekend.... really strange it seems to have somehow got water into it... first the bag I noted seemed full or wet so I changed that for a fresh one without too much thought ... then it seemed to started to splutter and make some bad smell half burning and half wet - I checked the HEPA filter thingys and they seemed to also have condensation or water around them.

About a minute later the machine simply turned itself off, the led display comes up with a thermometer image .... left it outside in the open to dry out but now will still not run .... anyway I figure there is no point trying to fix it I have had it for a number of years well well past it's warranty. (now I am thinking about it I wonder if the missus has poured some water into it .... may trying to make it die so she can get a Dyson cordless!

Anyway it seems the Sauber machines are no longer available to buy new, I notice there is a Wertheim Series 7 which seems to be the top end Vac at Godfreys now - I did have some Wertheim vacs in the past which were did live up to doing a great job, I have both carpet and hard floors, whilst these are expensive getting the max vac clean for X years still seems ultimately good or best value.

Checking online reviews I get mixed positive and negative reports on the Wertheim Series 7 .... what do members here have experiences or views on this here ?