Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Price Of Petrol

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    The normal cheap stuff at Woolies Caltex. Not E10, pretty sure 91 octane.
    We are far away from shipping ports and usually higher priced than other towns.
    Thats a cheap price, and highly unusual believe me...

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    I went to Costco near Perth airport today to buy vodka....

There was a line up about 1km long to buy fuel at Costco servo....

I don't see the point....

Sent from my CPH2305 using Tapatalk
    If thats the case, then there is no point..and I wouldn't bother, especially if it's a bit of a drive.

I went to Costco here yesterday morning because I was up (6:00am). There was no queue, and U98 was $210.7. My SS was nearly empty, so I filled the car and a 20ltr can. The same petrol down the road was between $240.9 and $249.9.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-10-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Thats a cheap price, and highly unusual believe me...

If thats the case, then there is no point..and I wouldn't bother, especially if it's a bit of a drive.

I went to Costco here yesterday morning because I was up (6:00am). There was no queue, and U98 was $210.7. My SS was nearly empty, so I filled the car and a 20ltr can. The same petrol down the road was between $240.9 and $249.9.
    I'm in Perth at the moment, the old track hawk only like 98.

I have most enough to get back to Kalgoorlie. It's 2.35 in Kal today.

I'll have a look at fuel watch in the morning, but I won't go out ofmy way or line up to save a few c/l.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-10-22),enf (16-07-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    I'm in Perth at the moment, the old track hawk only like 98.

I have most enough to get back to Kalgoorlie. It's 2.35 in Kal today.

I'll have a look at fuel watch in the morning, but I won't go out ofmy way or line up to save a few c/l.

Neither would I. You'ed spend any savings going there and queuing...a waste of time.

In my case, to just go there is 15km give or take.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-10-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

Idiot Perth drivers, whining about fuel prices, but all seem to take of from the lights as if it's a drag race then hit the wall at 60kmh, won't go 1kmh over......

• The Following User Says Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-10-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,527 Posts

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-10-22),NoAIR (20-07-22),Tiny (21-07-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Nothing really new there...the same old blame game. The same old villains...

Watched Chalmers this morning (I was in the dentist so it was silent with teletext) explaining that the Morrison rebate or whatever it was will have to come off because its too expensive. So 22¢ a litre soon to be added.

And everything else will go up....

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-10-22),gulliver (19-07-22),wotnot (21-07-22)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    That's a bit outdated Enf.
    We all know that even the dirty coal power is still a lot cleaner and way more efficient than all those petrol stinkers.

Yes Lsemmens, plug-in hybrid charged with solar and house battery bank of LFP batteries. Problem now is our planet slowly turning into Venus and the back to back La Nina weather means no more sun. Not a problem if I had more roof space, me has not

Yes Wotnot there are now a few businesses sprouting up in Australia to do pretty much any EV conversion you like, so why not a classic Fairlane. Generally cheaper than a new EV but the range is not so great.
    Because we are so late to the party, the waiting list for new EVs is very long with some second hand model Teslas costing as much as or even more than new for the impatient.

In Norway 80% of new car purchases are now EV, a no brainer when you have so much hydro. Tassie could easily follow their footsteps, obviously no range issues either.
    So yeah... petrol prices? What petrol prices?!
    Hi Uncle Fester! It always makes me 'grin' a bit, when unless we use Nuclear Power, when places use Gas/Coal powered Power-Stations to generate
    electricity, for use on Electric Vehicles, (Hybrid or not), that there is a paradox there, when considering fossil fuel burning, and 'cleaner' vehicles today??

Also, when talking about the likes of 'Hydro' Power in say, Tasmania... Many years ago, I also worked at various Hydro sites there. Although people tend
    to think that this is 'free' energy, it is far from that in reality. Firstly, they don't put out a 'huge' amount of power, each, so they need lots of them!
    Also, their main reasoning for needing them, is because of their physical isolation from the MainLand, for the likes of Coal & Gas, so it's their only choice.

Unfortunately, that type of power, (although needed!), is very expensive 'infrastructure' wize, to set up! Especially when (back then!) the whole bottom
    lefthand area of Tasmania was 'mostly' uninhabited & impenetrable. There's massive productions of roads, surveying, Dam building & Reservoirs, not to
    mention the massive tunneling & underground Power Stations in some areas, were extremely expensive! The 'upshot' of all that, is that back then,
    (I don't know about 'today'), that the cost of power to the average consumer was more expensive than on the MainLand!?

I'm not really an 'advocate' of Nuclear Power, for all the reasons that people are concerned about, but all we can do is keep taking 'baby steps' across multiple
    avenues of future betterment, and no-one can ignore the fact that 'EV's' are and will be the way to go. It's just not going to be an over-night 'Fix'

• The Following User Says Thank You to Ah-Those-Old-Days! For This Useful Post:

gulliver (20-07-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,527 Posts

Best line wrt topic I've seen thus far.... ' Venezuela Raises Gas Prices by 20-fold to 10 Cents a Gallon ; The increase would bring fuel prices to 2.3 cents per liter or 10 cents per gallon, a fraction of what it costs at gas pumps in most countries. It’s currently at 0.1 cent per liter or 0.5 cents per gallon.'....lol, it's all a relative thing =)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Best line wrt topic I've seen thus far.... ' Venezuela Raises Gas Prices by 20-fold to 10 Cents a Gallon ; The increase would bring fuel prices to 2.3 cents per liter or 10 cents per gallon, a fraction of what it costs at gas pumps in most countries. It’s currently at 0.1 cent per liter or 0.5 cents per gallon.'....lol, it's all a relative thing =)
    Quick! Send a pollie over there to secure a deal for petrol!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-10-22)

Thanks

We'll were going to lose LPG as it will be phased out soon and not so distant future Petrol, not sure about Diesel...
    Last edited by CONAXLE; 21-07-22 at 08:59 AM.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Better start making those LOOOOONG extension cords! Especially for the back o' Bourke! Have fun Hoe!!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Electrify the Fairlane ?? .. would never happen to any of my beasts.. bad idea. lucky mine are Holdens..lol

Took mine out for a run up the highway and spent $100 on petrol. .. It's obviously not a daily driver.

$2.25ltr and it didn't take long to drain the fuel tank..
    He Johnno what Holdens do u have and I noticed something about a Crate motor from the states in another post ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

The holden Torana happens to be my money pit, re-built a few over the years and own a couple plus a SLE v8

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CONAXLE View Post
    We'll were going to lose LPG as it will be phased out soon and not so distant future Petrol, not sure about Diesel...
    Well, years back, when finally working in the 'field' in the Norther Territory... 'WA' was really pissed off when they lost major contracts re: GAS
    contracts & pipelines, (from the sea!), and at almost what ever the cost, they built underwater pipelines of Gas, to DARWIN!! they 'Fxxxed' up...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    The holden Torana happens to be my money pit, re-built a few over the years and own a couple plus a SLE v8
    Any photos, I sold my torrie in january this year

• The Following User Says Thank You to RedXT For This Useful Post:

Johnno (22-07-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

That's one tough looking torrie RedXT, fantastic video. mine are at .. been a long time member there.

I'll message you later, show u my vc sle v8 restored recently. Well done mate.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

RedXT (22-07-22)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    This is additional facet to the above interesting view on who is really controlling oil/fuel prices.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

wotnot (13-10-22)

Thanks

bought fuel for the GT yesterday which only likes 98 and paid 186.7/L at the Atlas discount fuels near the Perth airport turn off.

Amazing the price differences in Perth, I thought it was bad in Northam, but shit it ranges from what I paid to 229.9/L in the space of 5Km's.

I thought that it would be way up there as everyone should have refilled the bowser tanks by now

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by efab View Post
    bought fuel for the GT yesterday which only likes 98 and paid 186.7/L at the Atlas discount fuels near the Perth airport turn off.

Amazing the price differences in Perth, I thought it was bad in Northam, but shit it ranges from what I paid to 229.9/L in the space of 5Km's.

I thought that it would be way up there as everyone should have refilled the bowser tanks by now
    My VF SSV likes 98 too. Cheapest petrol in Canberra is still Costco. 190.7 today.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-10-22)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Crude oil price now significantly lower than before the Russian terrorists invaded Ukraine:

Big profiteering by the oil multis for overpriced diesel as well as gas to keep the cost of living and inflation high.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (30-11-22),lsemmens (01-12-22)

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123