Thread: AEG diswasher issue

Thanks

Default AEG diswasher issue

i have an AEG FAV40760 dishwasher that is showing an anti-flood fault according to the error lights , no water in the base and its bone dry.
    I bypassed the switch in case it is faulty but still have the error lights and wont fill, possibly a case of needed the error to be cleared but nothing in the manual or anything i can find online for this model.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

This doesn't look promising (error is non user serviceable)

user manual:

However, it's made by electrolux, and close match service manual would be:

Perhaps that will be of use to you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    This doesn't look promising (error is non user serviceable)

user manual:

However, it's made by electrolux, and close match service manual would be:

Perhaps that will be of use to you.

Yeah doesn't look like its possible to clear it without calling them.

Premium Member
    Thanks

That sort of infers the drain pump motor should be running to clear the fault ~ perhaps that pump (or power switching circuit) has failed? It'd be the first place I'd go sniffing around to see what's thrown the error code...

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

gulliver (23-06-22)

Thanks

That sort of infers the drain pump motor should be running to clear the fault ~ perhaps that pump (or power switching circuit) has failed? It'd be the first place I'd go sniffing around to see what's thrown the error code...
    Pump is working and i poured some water in and its draining properly, no water coming in though and there are no blockages.

Premium Member
    Thanks

M'kay...obviously it thinks it's flooded ~ did you check the operation/type of the anti-flood switch itself?...

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Dishwashers are like magnets for cockroaches and that base plate looks like an inviting place for a nest.
    Have you actually accessed that float switch?
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Dishwashers are like magnets for cockroaches and that base plate looks like an inviting place for a nest.
    Have you actually accessed that float switch?
    Yep, no roaches in this house. Float switch is dry and i even bypassed it to see if it was a faulty switch but no difference.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

I had a similar problem on my old Hotpoint. I had no idea how to reset the error. Same pump issue.
    So, I tried holding down different buttons while powering on, eventually holding the start button for 5 sec reset the washer.
    You could try similar.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    I had a similar problem on my old Hotpoint. I had no idea how to reset the error. Same pump issue.
    So, I tried holding down different buttons while powering on, eventually holding the start button for 5 sec reset the washer.
    You could try similar.
    I saw that mentioned for different AEG models but didn't work on mine, called AEG and off course they'll send out a technician for $185.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Bugger....it's always a bad sign when a known fault condition is listed as non user serviceable ~ the way it's described in the electrolux service manual, this system is there to protect against (quote) 'leaks and/or spills', and you can probably guess there's some activation counter in the MCU controller, that can correlate which part of the cycle it's in when the flood switch triggers, how often it triggers, to differentiate between a leak and/or spill condition....then again, I do recall some machines where the controller would fail not from roaches, but by steam/caustic fumes flowing past a section of the controller PCB used to corrode it to failure.

My guess is resetting the fault code is one thing ; there may be something else (mechanical) that triggered it (and they already know what that is, and the user can't fix it =)

Thanks

Bugger....it's always a bad sign when a known fault condition is listed as non user serviceable ~ the way it's described in the electrolux service manual, this system is there to protect against (quote) 'leaks and/or spills', and you can probably guess there's some activation counter in the MCU controller, that can correlate which part of the cycle it's in when the flood switch triggers, how often it triggers, to differentiate between a leak and/or spill condition....then again, I do recall some machines where the controller would fail not from roaches, but by steam/caustic fumes flowing past a section of the controller PCB used to corrode it to failure.

My guess is resetting the fault code is one thing ; there may be something else (mechanical) that triggered it (and they already know what that is, and the user can't fix it =)
    Quite possibly, was working fine one minute and then the flashing lights. Looking for another machine now.