Thread: Humax HDR 1003S recording playback fault

Thanks

Default Humax HDR 1003S recording playback fault

Hi all, Sometimes while watching a recorded movie it starts to pause and resume erratically usually around about 3/4 way into the movie.
    It just starts stopping and then continuing, sometimes it does it many times over for the rest of the movie.
    I have tried stopping the movie and then resuming, also fast forward and/or fast rewind briefly and it still has this problem.
    I have also tried stopping the movie and then watching another 1 hour or 1/2 hour show and this problem does not happen during these short recorded playbacks. Then I go back to the movie and it still has the problem.
    It does not happen with all movies but only some and it is annoying!!

The box is about 11 years old.

Has anyone had this occur and does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Rob

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I would try another drive first to eliminate the storage device or reformat the original as you might have a dud platter or sector. I now used a SSD on my Humax as you can get them reasonably cheap and they are more robust and responsive.

Just a suggestion

Thanks

Hi cmoore, thanks for the advice. I have another drive, will try it out when we get home. If that doesn't work I will reformat.

Cheers
    Rob