Thread: DC siren for Challenger LE panel

Thanks

Default DC siren for Challenger LE panel

Hi all,

I have a challenger LE panel which is pretty much a cut down version of the Challenger 10 panel. I installed a DC siren and strobe and set the the siren type to "DC Volts" in system options.

The issue i have is the siren has a faint tone coming out of it, ive swapped out the siren, put a 1k accross the terminals, defaulted and re-downloaded to the panel have dedicated siren and storbe pairs yet still get this faint tone. Im assuming its the siren tamper detection voltage but would of thought the panel would be set up for this given it has the setting specifically for a DC siren?

Has anyone else had this issue or do DC piezo sirens just not work and only the 8ohm ones do on Tecom?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

What version is the firmware and how are you changing that option? Also, which output are you using? My understanding is that option is not supported with Challenger 10 firmware, but is supported under ChallengerPlus firmware (v10.07 or higher). Not sure if that extends to LE panels. The alternative would be to add a 4-way or 8-way relay card and trigger it with that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CT4 View Post
    What version is the firmware and how are you changing that option? Also, which output are you using? My understanding is that option is not supported with Challenger 10 firmware, but is supported under ChallengerPlus firmware (v10.07 or higher). Not sure if that extends to LE panels. The alternative would be to add a 4-way or 8-way relay card and trigger it with that.

G'Day CT4,
    Its V10-07.48994(LE+)
    I was able to confirm the setting in the RAS so it seems to support it and it taking the changes from CTPlus as well. Using the Ext S+S- off the board.
    Im trying to avoid the relay option as its a 2 story house with siren at the front of the house and the nearest DGP at the reat bottom level... But it may be the only option just to get a resolution...

Thanks

How does using a relay card complicate things? There's an output header on the main panel. You already have the siren cable to the panel, yeah?
    Are you also using an internal siren?