Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: AFL 2022 Home and Away Round 21 Tips Please

  1. #21
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    68
    Posts
    16,723
    Thanks
    15,738
    Thanked 31,400 Times in 8,244 Posts
    Rep Power
    12199
    Reputation
    573209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Yeah, I picked the Dee's over the Pies.. had a gut feeling the Pies winning run would come to an end.

    Last year we finished 17th.. Now we sit 2nd. /who would of thought.
    The Pies "winning run" DID come to an end because they finally beat a good team. The other six were all bad teams, the highest being 11th IIRC. AND they struggled against a couple.

    Good win for them, but we all know how it will end.

    Collingwood, the gift that just keeps on giving....

    Oh! To be honest, I was going to go with Melbourne.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

    RedXT (06-08-22)



  • #22
    Premium Member RedXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    580
    Thanks
    366
    Thanked 174 Times in 94 Posts
    Rep Power
    254
    Reputation
    2964

    Default

    Collingwood
    Hawthorn
    GWS
    Freo
    Geelong
    Richmond
    Swans
    Brisbane
    Eagles

  • #23
    Premium Member
    Al Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tazzie
    Posts
    4,053
    Thanks
    1,795
    Thanked 4,558 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Rep Power
    1916
    Reputation
    80150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    The Pies "winning run" DID come to an end because they finally beat a good team. The other six were all bad teams, the highest being 11th IIRC. AND they struggled against a couple.

    Good win for them, but we all know how it will end.

    Collingwood, the gift that just keeps on giving....

    Oh! To be honest, I was going to go with Melbourne.
    I'm not a Pies supporter but I find that comment a bit harsh, and very selective.
    In fact their winning run has been 11 wins and still going, the wins have come as per below;

    Round Defeated Defeated Team's position that Round Defeated Team's position now Rd 21
    10 Dockers 3 6
    11 Carlton 3 7
    12 Hawthorn 13 13
    13 Melbourne 1 2
    15 GWS 13 16
    16 GCS 11 11
    17 Kangaroos 18 18
    18 Adelaide 15 15
    19 Essendon 14 14
    20 Port Adelaide 11 12
    21 Melbourne 2 2

    So they have actually beaten Melbourne twice, Carlton when they were 3rd, the Dockers when they were 3rd yes they have won a lot of those 11 games against teams in the bottom half of the eight, but have a look at other top eight teams and see how many games they have actually lost to teams below them, to me that is the significance of Collingwood's run here.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

  • The Following User Says Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

    RedXT (06-08-22)

  • #24
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    68
    Posts
    16,723
    Thanks
    15,738
    Thanked 31,400 Times in 8,244 Posts
    Rep Power
    12199
    Reputation
    573209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    I'm not a Pies supporter but I find that comment a bit harsh, and very selective.
    In fact their winning run has been 11 wins and still going, the wins have come as per below;

    Round Defeated Defeated Team's position that Round Defeated Team's position now Rd 21
    10 Dockers 3 6
    11 Carlton 3 7
    12 Hawthorn 13 13
    13 Melbourne 1 2
    15 GWS 13 16
    16 GCS 11 11
    17 Kangaroos 18 18
    18 Adelaide 15 15
    19 Essendon 14 14
    20 Port Adelaide 11 12
    21 Melbourne 2 2

    So they have actually beaten Melbourne twice, Carlton when they were 3rd, the Dockers when they were 3rd yes they have won a lot of those 11 games against teams in the bottom half of the eight, but have a look at other top eight teams and see how many games they have actually lost to teams below them, to me that is the significance of Collingwood's run here.
    It's Collingwood, OF COURSE it's harsh and selective....a lifetime of detestation trumps truth.

    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

    Al Bundy (06-08-22)

  • #25
    Premium Member
    Al Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tazzie
    Posts
    4,053
    Thanks
    1,795
    Thanked 4,558 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Rep Power
    1916
    Reputation
    80150

    Default

    Point taken

    Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    It's Collingwood, OF COURSE it's harsh and selective....a lifetime of detestation trumps truth.

    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

  • #26
    Senior Member
    Johnno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    1,114
    Thanks
    1,415
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 525 Posts
    Rep Power
    1034
    Reputation
    40991

    Default

    Blah Blah Blah.. Go Pies!


  • The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

    enf (08-08-22)

  • #27
    Administrator
    mtv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19,384
    Thanks
    6,968
    Thanked 14,389 Times in 6,533 Posts
    Rep Power
    5318
    Reputation
    224916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Blah Blah Blah.. Go Pies!

    Probably be hard for the coppers to solve a serious crime committed there... all the same DNA
    Please consider Premium Membership. Without Premium Member contributions Austech cannot operate.

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

    enf (08-08-22),Johnno (07-08-22)

  • #28
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    68
    Posts
    16,723
    Thanks
    15,738
    Thanked 31,400 Times in 8,244 Posts
    Rep Power
    12199
    Reputation
    573209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Probably be hard for the coppers to solve a serious crime committed there... all the same DNA
    Naaaahh..it'd be easy. Pull the lot in and the crime rate would drop by 98%.....although the prison dentist would be pretty busy I'd imagine.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

    allover (08-08-22)

  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •